8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to answer for myself, and only myself. I couldn't begin to answer for anyone else, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm trying to. So that means I can't answer 100%....some of my thoughts would only be conjecture.

I don't think I'm overly sensitive about worrying that the thread might get closed. I just want to do my part to make sure that it doesn't. I wouldn't want to see anyone's cruise thread get shut down.
And I guess I was thinking that if we publicly discuss a letter-writing campaign or an attempt to get media attention negatively toward Disney....I don't know....it just didn't feel right to me. Granted, it also doesn't feel right if it's true that DCL is making thousands and thousands of dollars more off of us than another cruise line would....but let's face it, they've been doing that for years, and we still keep coming back.
I also understand that the "blanket" e-mail response that some have received from DCL is kind of stinky.....but honestly, what did you (meaning anyone who got that e-mail) expect? Did anyone honestly think that they were going to truly accomplish something when they complained?
I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but even I know that you just can't fight city hall. Or major corporations. As an individual, I have a choice....I can either suck it up, or move on. I also realize that, as an individual, you have the right to take it as far as you want to take it. But....speaking only for myself....I was only saying to you last night that if you DO choose to go that route, I wish you'd send people PMs or e-mails. It just doesn't seem like a proper topic for a cruise meet thread. Isn't there some kind of Board on the main DIS where it's kind of more "okay" to discuss that type of thing...or complain or whatever?

As for the blow-out.....I can't say as to what that was all about. My guess is that if you got a PM, you probably already heard. I just know that we still have a long way to go before this cruise, and there WILL be lots of personality clashes, or what-have-you. The idea (to me) of this type of discussion board is to find people who seem to have similar interests, get to know them, and enjoy some time together on the cruise. That doesn't mean that we are ALL going to want to be together all the time....and there will most likely be some people who really don't want to meet some other people. And as far as I'm concerned, that's okay. It's normal. We're all grown up now, and we don't have to play with anyone we don't want to play with.

And yes, I am basically still here. I've been gone almost all summer, and don't have nearly the amount of time I'd like to have to be able to sit and chat....and I've got an awful lot of pages that I never have been able to go back and read....but I'm still here. I can only guess that there are probably at least one or two people who wish I weren't still here....but that's okay too. ;)

Very nicely stated. I am really enjoying this thread, even if I can't keep up with it all the time. I've met some really nice people, and am looking forward to meeting them in person on the cruise. (Which is only a little more than a year away now!!!!) And I, too, don't want to see the thread shut down.

That said, I'm just about to pack up the laptop, as we're heading out in the wee hours of the morning for our WDW trip for DS's 10th birthday. I'm sure I'll come back to a few 1000 more posts in 2 weeks. then classes start a week after I get back. So much for being somewhat caught up!

Hope to talk to you all again when I get back!

PS Stace, I'm glad you're part of this thread too!:thumbsup2

Very nicely stated. I am really enjoying this thread, even if I can't keep up with it all the time. I've met some really nice people, and am looking forward to meeting them in person on the cruise. (Which is only a little more than a year away now!!!!) And I, too, don't want to see the thread shut down.

That said, I'm just about to pack up the laptop, as we're heading out in the wee hours of the morning for our WDW trip for DS's 10th birthday. I'm sure I'll come back to a few 1000 more posts in 2 weeks. then classes start a week after I get back. So much for being somewhat caught up!

Hope to talk to you all again when I get back!

PS Stace, I'm glad you're part of this thread too!:thumbsup2

What a great birthday present!! Have fun!! Say hi to Mickey for me.

...Personally you know I dont care for you...

Actually I wasn't aware of that and I have no bias against you, but thank you for clarifying that for me. :thumbsup2

Perhaps you need to stop hanging out with those folks on the other board. :rotfl2:

Actually I wasn't aware of that and I have no bias against you, but thank you for clarifying that for me. :thumbsup2

Perhaps you need to stop hanging out with those folks on the other board. :rotfl2:

Oh Oh you did it now.....:scared1: accusing the captian of being a snake:sad2:

I just wanted to show everyone what Downrivermama did for me ...It is soooo AWEsome ....Thank you Thank you Thank you ...

We were talking in chat one night and she said she would do a fish extender for me ...well I came up with the graphic and she made it ...OMG it Looks great ....

Heres the computer Graphic

SEQEN-fishextendercopy.jpg

and here is her creation ...Its great ...Thank You again

FishExt.jpg

pirate:

Tina...that is just fantanstic. And you are such a sweetheart!

OK, a real quick wrap-up, the Yankees won today 16-8........:thumbsup2

My Lady and I just stopped by the house to drop off our "doggie-bags" from dinner. Speaking of which, our dinner at the Olive Garden was FREE. We were seated on the side of the building where the AC was broke and it was 85* in that section. Shortly after we were seated, the manager stopped allowing people to be seated in our section. The manager came around to all the tables in our section and told us that our dinner was on him and he said how sorry he was that the AC wasn't working. The AC came back on just as our dessert was delivered. We still tipped our server quite well, we felt sorry for him, he looked so hot running around serving all his tables in the heat.

We broke even for the evening, the cost of the meal, plus tip, is just about what we paid for the show tonight!!! :goodvibes

Well, we are getting ready to head to the Broadway Theatre to collect our tickets at the will call window. HOPEFULLY, the AC will be working in the theatre.............:rotfl2:

Catch y'all later..........:wave:

You have the luck! Hope you had a great time.

As you see Mr "I'm the innocent one here"...those were YOUR words...not me making them up....By the way..you have an account there also don't you? so who's the instigator....

Hello Everyone :)
I have only been able to skim here and there. Some bad things happening here, such as life it will get better. On a lighter note.........thought I would share some of Dante's wardrobe. Since we saw so many cute Harley pics.
DSCF0701.jpg

Dante011.jpg

Dante007.jpg

Dante004.jpg

What a pretty boy! So sparkly white!

Dear Mr."I am in the Roy Suite" or Mr "I can take my baby to Serenity Bay cause I am in the Roy suite" or Mr " I will do the website(cause I am Mr.Big web Designer) but then didnt do it cause you got your feelings hurt and left it up to Lisa and wouldnt respond to your emails" or Mr " OMG I cant believe someone would F up there body with a tattoo like that (referring to my Tattoo)

I choose my friends wisely and its obvious cause of who you are ,you are not one of them and would never be one of them . Over the course of 6 months I have found out that you are self centered , egotistical and in simple words a trouble maker . I will not continue to go back and forth with you on this board as like others have mentioned we dont want it shut down over someone like you who has caused issues before ....Goin back on this thread you can see under your other DIS name Buddy Bear that you were very condescending and exchanged some words back then too ....I ask you to discontinue this now so it doesnt close this thread ..

And Perhaps it doesnt matter what other boards I patron as that is my choice to do so and it should not matter to you. I have built friendships on this board and others as I believe there are good people everywhere (well except for you in my opinion )

So now you are AWARE and please leave it at that cause I am sure the people of this thread no longer want to hear you whining about this or other matters ....

pirate:

What a pretty boy! So sparkly white!

He is so sparkly. I always loved the Maltese.Loved the way they looked. We had 2 Yorkies and when they were gone I was just about to make the plunge again. My DD was training upstate NY and one of the coaches was Elaine Zayak and she used to parade in the rink with her 2 maltese following behind. Seemed to be the thing back then. Long fur coats and dogs behind. What a sight!!!She went on the ice and asked me to babysit while she was giving her lesson. PHEWW. They hadn't had a bath in how long and being males, they kinda peed all over themselves since they hadn't been combed in when? Really gross .Get the picture? Needless to say, I left them on the ground and started to reconsider the maintenance of a white puppy. We wound up with a Standard Black Poodle..:lmao: One of the smartest dogs we ever had :thumbsup2

We had 2 Yorkies and when they were gone I was just about to make the plunge again.

My neighbor has a Yorkie named Pinocchio, and I want to dognap him! (I would never actually DO that....but I do have the urges to take him and run when I see them out for a walk) He is the cutest little guy.

Maybe people need to fill me in what happened on this thread? Why it has been stated by others via PM that there was a major blow-out recently, quite a few left, and why everybody is overly sensitive about the thread closing.

First of all I am not even on the thread anymore but I do have to say it awfully funny that you should ask about the last blow up.....you know it did concern you Jeff.......

For those that are unaware...Jeff was the one who volunteered to do the website for Lisa. After months of Lisa trying to get in touch with Jeff to no avail, it left some of the remaining cruisers wondering what to do. We did not want to step on your toes because you were the webdesigner. JR built a website and somewhere down the line people were mislead that it was Lisa's fault and not yours. I just wanted those remaining here to understand that you were the one who dropped the ball and not Lisa. Lisa spent hours of her time gathering all the info and organizing it and then as far as I know it was never used by you. You could not even answer her attempts at finding out what was going on with the website. Then miraculously, the website opens and you are back. Strange coincidence?

I just want to personally say that I trusted you and put my faith in you early on in this thread and stood up for you even when I did not even know you. I said some really hurtful things to some cruisers all in defense of you. I jumped all over Ginnie and Robin Marie when in fact they may have really had a very good reason to feel the way they feel. I thought at the time they were just being mean. After seeing the manner in which you attacked Todd about his tattoos I think I owe them a huge apology. I hope they can forgive my naivety and stupidity in this matter. This in my opinion was the start of the tension between their group and ours. I had never even heard of them before. I formed an opinion of them based on that one experience. My perspective has changed now and I realize now that if I were in the position they were in when this thread started and we were 2 years from now (That probably sounded confusing) if I am posting on a new thread and all of a sudden someone such as yourself shows up and I have the opinion I now have of you, I think I would dp the same.

I am done now and back to my non participation...........

Hello everyone .. I popped in to say hi ... as I've been away on my Med Trip for awhile. The trip was fantastic. I just hope the next cruise will be just as good or better. It looks like Kirstyn and I will be joining all of you. We were fine on the 11 day cruise, so 15 should be a breeze. I'm glad the sea days are split up though, as I don't if I could handle more than 2 in a row. I'm also hoping the ports on this trip won't be as expensive as the ports in the med.

Hope all is well with everyone and their families. Happy birthday to all I've missed. To all who need pixie dust ... here is a big dose --

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

It looks like some issues have arisen since I've been gone, I hope they all get resolved before the cruise. I have no idea what has transpired, I just hope that things don't cause the thread to be shut down.

I actually wanted to introduce a new topic! Has anyone checked out the new ABD tours offered next year? They are offering two in California next summer. One tours the California coast from San Fran to LA and arrives in LA on the 16th of August. The second one is called BackStage Magic and starts in Hollywood on Aug. 12 and ends up in Disneyland on the 17th. My daughter and I have reserved a spot on the Backstage Magic one. It sounds really awesome. You get backstage tours of the Jim Henson studio, the Jimmy Kimmel show and lunch at the Walt Disney Imagineering studio. You also get to stay at the Grand Californian and get a backstage visit to the Indiana Jones show. They have room for up to 45 people (I think). Anyway, if you are interested, you can hold a spot now, and once they announce the prices, you have 14 days to confirm your spot. Sounds like a great way to kick off the cruise!!!

To the owner of Dante, where did you get the cute mickey shirt? It is the cutest!!!! Your puppy is adorable.

OK, a real quick wrap-up, the Yankees won today 16-8........:thumbsup2

My Lady and I just stopped by the house to drop off our "doggie-bags" from dinner. Speaking of which, our dinner at the Olive Garden was FREE. We were seated on the side of the building where the AC was broke and it was 85* in that section. Shortly after we were seated, the manager stopped allowing people to be seated in our section. The manager came around to all the tables in our section and told us that our dinner was on him and he said how sorry he was that the AC wasn't working. The AC came back on just as our dessert was delivered. We still tipped our server quite well, we felt sorry for him, he looked so hot running around serving all his tables in the heat.

We broke even for the evening, the cost of the meal, plus tip, is just about what we paid for the show tonight!!! :goodvibes

Well, we are getting ready to head to the Broadway Theatre to collect our tickets at the will call window. HOPEFULLY, the AC will be working in the theatre.............:rotfl2:

Catch y'all later..........:wave:
Well if the AC isn't working- maybe more free tickets? LOL :)

Oh no you didn't.
I wish some ppl would make up their minds. Didn't you say previously in a PM that you were considering cancelling this cruise because of people on the other board and that you were distancing yourself from this thread because of "those" people possibly still reading this thread?
And then just recently you state the reason you left for awhile was to get away from the abusive people on THIS THREAD?
So which is it?

Judy is right about the main reason we have animosity between this thread and the other board. I didn't even know what in the world was going on or know anything about the other board but Lisa went to bat FOR YOU. She informed me what was going on and told me that it just wouldn't feel right if we included them from that board after how they were treating you and your friends. But you aren't playing nice even here! And apparently a lot of stuff happened just under "our" (people like myself) noses or behind the scenes -things happening which we weren't aware of.

I never read the stuff over "there" that happened to you or your friends, but Lisa was going to bat for you. She was showing you loyalty and this is how you treat her- and everyone else who would feel like they were turning their backs on you by going to that board or including people from that board? That's what this whole mess was about- atleast that's what I was told! And now you're starting up stuff over here now.

that's it. I give up. End of drama for me. I'll post here, and I'll post THERE if I want to. I'm friends with some ppl that post there- and not just friends that post on a board together but FRIENDS. People I talked to for YEARS before my last cruise with them. People I cruised with, ate by them, etc. There is no reason anymore to show "loyalty" for you. It's becoming clear to many that perhaps we were wrong to feel such loyalty towards you in the first place! It ends for me now. I like everyone here and I know for sure I like some ppl that post there (and still here- they aren't banned here) and I'm sure I'll make more friends there too. I propose we stop the nonsense of trying to stay seperate- lets all join hands and be friends... no matter what board you/anyone prefers to post on. We need to stop being so petty and childish and quit the drama. Let's all just get along and have a great time on the cruise. Deal? :thumbsup2

I actually wanted to introduce a new topic! Has anyone checked out the new ABD tours offered next year? They are offering two in California next summer. One tours the California coast from San Fran to LA and arrives in LA on the 16th of August. The second one is called BackStage Magic and starts in Hollywood on Aug. 12 and ends up in Disneyland on the 17th. My daughter and I have reserved a spot on the Backstage Magic one. It sounds really awesome. You get backstage tours of the Jim Henson studio, the Jimmy Kimmel show and lunch at the Walt Disney Imagineering studio. You also get to stay at the Grand Californian and get a backstage visit to the Indiana Jones show. They have room for up to 45 people (I think). Anyway, if you are interested, you can hold a spot now, and once they announce the prices, you have 14 days to confirm your spot. Sounds like a great way to kick off the cruise!!!

I saw this posted on Mousesavers a few days ago. Sounds great, but it would be nice if the prices were posted.

I wonder if ABD will be able to secure seating for Fantasmic or at Club 33(is that the correct name :confused: )

First of all I am not even on the thread anymore but I do have to say it awfully funny that you should ask about the last blow up.....you know it did concern you Jeff.......

For those that are unaware...Jeff was the one who volunteered to do the website for Lisa. After months of Lisa trying to get in touch with Jeff to no avail, it left some of the remaining cruisers wondering what to do. We did not want to step on your toes because you were the webdesigner. JR built a website and somewhere down the line people were mislead that it was Lisa's fault and not yours. I just wanted those remaining here to understand that you were the one who dropped the ball and not Lisa. Lisa spent hours of her time gathering all the info and organizing it and then as far as I know it was never used by you. You could not even answer her attempts at finding out what was going on with the website. Then miraculously, the website opens and you are back. Strange coincidence?

I just want to personally say that I trusted you and put my faith in you early on in this thread and stood up for you even when I did not even know you. I said some really hurtful things to some cruisers all in defense of you. I jumped all over Ginnie and Robin Marie when in fact they may have really had a very good reason to feel the way they feel. I thought at the time they were just being mean. I really don't like mean people. After seeing the manner in which you attacked Todd about his tattoos I think I owe them a huge apology. I hope they can forgive my naivety and stupidity in this matter. This in my opinion was the start of the tension between their group and ours. I had never even heard of them before. I formed an opinion of them based on that one experience. My perspective has changed now and I realize now that if I were in the position they were in when this thread started and we were 2 years from now (That probably sounded confusing) but any way 2 years from now if I am posting on a new thread and all of a sudden someone such as yourself shows up and I have the opinion I now have of you, I think I would probably help them start that thread.

I am done now and back to my non participation...........

Judy....okay, I am clueless. I had/have no idea what all of the buzz was/is. I'm assuming there may have been a lot of "behind the scenes" communication going on about all of this.....but then again, I don't always get the chance to read every post, so maybe it was all discussed here.

I am pretty sure there are many others who feel the same way I feel. I am so grateful to anyone and everyone who has given of their time, talent & yes, even treasure to make this cruise experience better for the whole group. I'm sorry if some people have not gotten the recognition they deserve....and I feel really bad that there have been so many hurt feelings.

One question for you, Judy....I may have missed this some time ago....are you also no longer going on this cruise? I don't see it listed in your sig...Feel free to PM me to answer.

As you see Mr "I'm the innocent one here"...those were YOUR words...not me making them up....By the way..you have an account there also don't you? so who's the instigator....

Thank you for proving my point that many pass judge on me without knowing "thing one" about me.

Back in January a thread was started on the other forum attacking me. Many people on that forum made comments about me that weren't true; they weren't even close, but then again I am not surprised since not one of them knows me personally, but all from the posts they certainly made it seem like they did.

My favorite lie was that I sailed on the original May 2005 Repo and tried buying up all the souvenirs so there wouldn't be any left for anyone else. This one was almost laughable since I wasn't even on that sailing.

Once again people like you pass judge on me without knowing "thing one" about me. I do not have an account on the other forum and I visited it only once to confirm what everybody on the DIS had told me that someone started a thread calling me a moron; many after that continued to "dog pile" the insults without provocation.

Thank you continuing to perpetuate more lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter