8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Color me confused.....and this is what I get for going on vacation and not keeping up.....I understand that DCL will be charging an extra $100 per person, and I see where the math was done and it doesn't seem fair.
I think I'm following along with the info that Dreams has offered some really nice onboard credits.....
But where the confusion comes in is why should I expect my independent TA, who barely makes any money from her bookings, to try to match what a larger company can offer?? :confused3 It's not her fault that DCL did this, and it isn't her fault that Dreams is making such an offer......
She got me the EXACT rooms that I needed for this cruise, and has gotten me GREAT rooms and prices on other cruises and trips, and she always leaves me a nice OBC for the spa, or whatever...and usually a nice bottle of wine and some flowers.....which I am ever so grateful for, but definitely DO NOT EXPECT to receive.
I'm just happy as a little clam that she gets me a room, and to the best of her ability, a good price.
I would feel like a total if I even THOUGHT of asking her for more.

HOORAH!!! :thumbsup2

I read somewhere (possibly in relation to writing one's congressperson) that they figure for every actual letter they receive there's 100 people who feel the same way who haven't written.
100... or more!

I wrote to John at Dreams and he responded by saying that the offer to transfer was extended to the end of August.

Basically, if you booked with DCL and you want to transfer to Dreams you will get the doubled OBC. Originally people who were currently Dreams' clients and those that wanted to transfer were eligible for the additional OBC.

Dreams then decided to extend the offer to transfer from DCL to Dreams until 08/31. This offer was not made available (as I wrote before) to reservations held with other TAs based on professional courtesy.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dreams continues to extend the offer past 08/31.
I don't understand what you're saying. You don't seem to have addressed what I said. What I said is I read on the terms/condition of the OBC offer dreams is giving (by clicking the red ad at the top of almost every page) and it says it isn't valid for those that had already booked, or had a price quote, for the cruise. It's only valid for those that transfer from DCL to them or book with them -now thru Aug 31st. I was asking if anyone who had obviously already booked with them from day one is indeed getting the additional OBC because what the terms and conditions say about it there- doesn't say that. It specifically says not valid for those that already booked or already had a price quote with DU.
This is what it says exactly:
* Shipboard Credit - Terms and Conditions: Valid on all cruises booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel between now and August 31, 2007. Travel must be completed by 12/31/2008. Shipboard credits are based on room type/category at time of booking. Shipboard credit offer applies only to reservations where the reservation has been made and the deposit has been paid, between now and August 31, 2007. This offer cannot be combined with any other shipboard credit or discount offer from Dreams Unlimited Travel including, but not limited to, those associated with group space or previous rebate and/or shipboard credit promotions. This offer can be combined with the Disney Visa shipboard credit promotion if available and with the discount/shipboard credit from onboard bookings. This offer cannot be applied towards any active reservation booked, or any reservation priced, through Dreams Unlimited Travel prior to August 31, 2007.
Notice the parts in bold (I put it in bold)

Color me confused.....and this is what I get for going on vacation and not keeping up.....I understand that DCL will be charging an extra $100 per person, and I see where the math was done and it doesn't seem fair.
I think I'm following along with the info that Dreams has offered some really nice onboard credits.....
But where the confusion comes in is why should I expect my independent TA, who barely makes any money from her bookings, to try to match what a larger company can offer?? :confused3 It's not her fault that DCL did this, and it isn't her fault that Dreams is making such an offer......
She got me the EXACT rooms that I needed for this cruise, and has gotten me GREAT rooms and prices on other cruises and trips, and she always leaves me a nice OBC for the spa, or whatever...and usually a nice bottle of wine and some flowers.....which I am ever so grateful for, but definitely DO NOT EXPECT to receive.
I'm just happy as a little clam that she gets me a room, and to the best of her ability, a good price.

Off my soapbox now, and sorry if I totally missed the entire point back there somewhere.

Individual agents probably wouldn't be able to afford the increase- agreed. And the kind of service you're mentioning is worth more than the OBC in the first place- agreed.
However, not everyone is using an "independent agent" -and DU isn't the only "large company". To ask it of another "large company" that someone is using that also doesn't give that kind of personal service as you described wouldn't be making a pig out of yourself. Yanno?
Plus DU is not the only one offering this. Several other TA's are increasing the OBCs also.. atleast according to the PMs I've received from others.

username does not exist. Do you have to login differently than on the boards?

I don't understand what you're saying. You don't seem to have addressed what I said. What I said is I read on the terms/condition of the OBC offer dreams is giving (by clicking the red ad at the top of almost every page) and it says it isn't valid for those that had already booked, or had a price quote, for the cruise. It's only valid for those that transfer from DCL to them or book with them -now thru Aug 31st. I was asking if anyone who had obviously already booked with them from day one is indeed getting the additional OBC because what the terms and conditions say about it there- doesn't say that. It specifically says not valid for those that already booked or already had a price quote with DU.

From what others have said (I'm not with DU), they got a notice from DU directly that they were getting it (I thought it was in a post, although it may have been deleted). The terms and conditions are for new transfers.

Yes unfortunately they will not be able to sell our room at a larger profit as of now.

I was wondering if our compensation will be a new veranda attached to my Cat9 room. :confused3 :rotfl2:
:rotfl2:

Thank you.

I just received the "form" letter from Joseph. The dumb*** didn't even read my e-mail, because I quoted his "form" letter to him in my e-mail. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I also sent an e-mail to the USA Travel Q&A correspondent, Linda Burbank. She's had column's on the subject of Port fees versus "uncommissionable" fees and how cruiseline's try to hide add-ons. I presented the situation and asked if this was "industry protocol". Hope she checks in to it.

Here's one of her articles:

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnist/burbank/2006-04-04-burbank_x.htm

Let us know how this turns out.

Hey Monica -
When is your flight home on 9/1 - I'm hoping we can have a mini-mini-meet in FLA between before we fly back to CA.
Laura is staying in FLa - I'm leaving quite late - Esteri can only meet at the airport area (her flight is @ 2:30) Todd, Pam & Julie are leaving early and meeting is out for them. David is at DWD celebrating his 40th B'day.
Arlene - I think I've got that right?
And we'll be on the cruise for the Big FLA meet!!

Anyway - since we're leaving soon - I thought it might be nice to see what we can manage.

Seems everyone is spread out.Since you have the car, why don't you do some shopping at DTD?

Off my soapbox now, and sorry if I totally missed the entire point back there somewhere.

You know when I first started using one of the TA's recommended on the boards she was great! Took care of the FRR asap and was usually on the low side fare wise. I referred her to many I spoke to. But she was hard to get a hold of sometimes that is a deal breaker for me.. Switched to current TA and their rates were about the lowest and I might add, all the quotes I got from DU were truthfully the highest plus the fact a phone # seemed to be an issue. I decided not to use them this time as well. My current Agent gave me the same obc as everyone else got and is not going to increase it either. :guilty: But I'd like to know who you are using as we have never gotten so much as a thank you on any bookings.

100... or more!

Individual agents probably wouldn't be able to afford the increase- agreed. And the kind of service you're mentioning is worth more than the OBC in the first place- agreed.
However, not everyone is using an "independent agent" -and DU isn't the only "large company". To ask it of another "large company" that someone is using that also doesn't give that kind of personal service as you described wouldn't be making a pig out of yourself. Yanno?
Plus DU is not the only one offering this. Several other TA's are increasing the OBCs also.. atleast according to the PMs I've received from others.

Ok let's try this....If you signed up for the cruise with DU or a 'Large Company" it doesn't matter. What you sighned for was a cruise in Aug 08. if you recieved a OBC ...BONUS...but i guarentee that it weas not the deciding factor in your decision.

Ok now months later...a T/A (DU) notices that an injustice has been done and decides to reward its customers. Hooray for them, but were does say that ALL the others have to follow suit. If your not happy with your T/A leave them...but like when we all go to work, we are there tho make money..they may not have the means to match DU. Sorry but thats the way the cookie crumples. Thats why in this capitalistic society we live in we are allowed to pick and chose who we do buisness with. Don't like it switch T/A's .

Of course then again Maybe the OBC is more important than the cruise....In that case you don't know what cruising is really all about...

Remeber you got what you were promised when you signed up on the 31st with your T/A. Now you want to treat your T/A like DCL is treating you and take money from them for no reason...This was DCL's fault not your T/A's PLease remember that...
Just my thoughts....

Color me confused.....But where the confusion comes in is why should I expect my independent TA, who barely makes any money from her bookings, to try to match what a larger company can offer??

I agree. My TA isn't DU, but another large TA. I posted this last night:

My TA gave us a $100 OBC and will rebate $200 after the cruise as an incentive to tranfer the ressie to him. The commissionable fare for our cabin is $4,200. The general commission is 10% (Maybe they get volume kickbacks too:confused3 ), but our TA basically gets $420 and is rebating/refunding $300 back to us already. That's $120 to share between the agent and agency. It was unbelievably generous of DU to offer double OBCs, and I would greatly appreciate my TA if they offered too, but I won't issue the challenge. I work in sales/marketing, so I can appreciate that he has to make something.

:thumbsup2 Im a lurker too, but great job Joel!!:thumbsup2

Thanks you.

I like Joel110's idea of writing to the newspapers (usatoday). I decided to "hit them where the live". I will be drafting a letter tonight to both reporters listed below for the Orlando Sentinel. Please join me in corresponding to these two gentlemen.

Thank you,

Jeff

I like Joel110's idea of writing to the newspapers (usatoday). I decided to "hit them where the live". I will be drafting a letter tonight to both reporters listed below for the Orlando Sentinel. Please join me in corresponding to these two gentlemen.

Thank you,

Jeff

Please don't do this on here. Its one thing to write to DCL in a group effort, but any 3rd parties involved will give DCL legal ammo to go after people.

If peoplel want to participate in this, do it by PM.

Thanks

username does not exist. Do you have to login differently than on the boards?
It always does that to me! I can't get into chat on the disboards. :(

From what others have said (I'm not with DU), they got a notice from DU directly that they were getting it (I thought it was in a post, although it may have been deleted). The terms and conditions are for new transfers.
Ah, I see! Thanks for clarifying that. I just noticed it and was hoping people wouldn't end up disappointed later on. :)

You know when I first started using one of the TA's recommended on the boards she was great! Took care of the FRR asap and was usually on the low side fare wise. I referred her to many I spoke to. But she was hard to get a hold of sometimes that is a deal breaker for me.. Switched to current TA and their rates were about the lowest and I might add, all the quotes I got from DU were truthfully the highest plus the fact a phone # seemed to be an issue. I decided not to use them this time as well. My current Agent gave me the same obc as everyone else got and is not going to increase it either. :guilty: But I'd like to know who you are using as we have never gotten so much as a thank you on any bookings.

Since I know thru PM that you and I are using the same TA now... are you sure you're receiving the same OBC as everyone else got (but not increased now)? I ask because there was an "issue" with the TA on that and we got it "handled" by phone (but I have nothing in writing as such). So are you SURE you're getting the same obc as everyone else got before this recent increase with some TA's? And I hear ya on not so much as a thank you on any bookings- in fact some "pithy" attitude, as captaincrash puts it. ;)

Please don't do this on here. Its one thing to write to DCL in a group effort, but any 3rd parties involved will give DCL legal ammo to go after people.

Thanks

I writing to a local newspaper and I want others to do the same. I don't understand why we are so limited in what we can do in the "Land of the Free".

hi everyone...just posting a hello here on the boards...of course i'm in chat right now, but i haven't posted here all week!! so i wanted to say HI!! hope everyone has a great weekend!

Thanks

Thank you Tom for saying this .....

pirate:

I just wanted to show everyone what Downrivermama did for me ...It is soooo AWEsome ....Thank you Thank you Thank you ...

We were talking in chat one night and she said she would do a fish extender for me ...well I came up with the graphic and she made it ...OMG it Looks great ....

Heres the computer Graphic

SEQEN-fishextendercopy.jpg

and here is her creation ...Its great ...Thank You again

FishExt.jpg

pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter