8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Anniversary Arlene!

BIP, It's nice to see you posting.

Thanks... I'm trying to do better about keeping up with the thread. It's rough when the kids are home/etc. But I'm plugging along. doing my duty as a pirate. :lmao: :lmao:

Never had one in all the times we were to Disney, but that was the first thing we ordered from room service on the Wonder!
What's even funnier is that we HAVE paid for them in the parks but then completely forgot to order one free from room service our entire cruise last time! What morons we area! (won't happen again, I assure you. Even if I have to put up yellow post it notes everywhere to remind me LOL)

Sorry for the confusion; I was being facetious. That is often the problem with written communication, it can be difficult convey to someone that you're joking.
No problem! :)

The response is insulting; just because the tonnage charge wasn't itemized doesn't mean it can't be deciphered by a first grader with a dollar store calculator.

Besides, we have no way of knowing what was planned on the ship so we can't quantify the additional activities that are allegedly taking place based on our disappointment.
I agree, the response is insulting and you're right- no way of konwing what was planned/etc.

100 is full limit... Realize that the 100 is from messages not only ones you recieve but sent ones too...sometimes it is enough for me to just clean out my sent items folder.

Is that a challenge than Shelley.....? My ST can out eat your ST.:rolleyes1

My dd Starts HS this yr with 9th grade. We start classes the 27th, just got handout reguarding fall sports, and their class schedules on the 1st....

CRIKES!!!:scared1: some of the teams have practicing all summer leading to try outs in a couple weeks.....

I guess they don't want freshmen to play any fall sports...:guilty:

It's kinda a mute point with Devon having a stress fracture in her ankle.

Oh well there's always clubs...
Yeah, and 100 is not enough! That's what I'm saying... LOL
Yes, that is a challenge. Good luck with that- I know my ST would win. Roto-mouth not only from talking but scarfing down food too. LOL (and she's A GIRL! LOL)

That stinks about the fall sports and practicing all summer without the freshmen. How unfair!

So i'm hoping that means they're giving out $200,000 worth of free drinks then to make me forget why i paid an extra $300.....
:lmao:

Yes, I understand that, but it doesn't mean I am not going to make them think I am happy with the decision.

They are making it seem like they are just passing along an increase that was passed onto to them which is absolute BULL****!
I agree!

Free drinks the whole trip!!! That's "extra special"

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Now that I'd go for...
We rarely drink anyway and didn't purchase hardly ANYTHING to drink last trip because I'm a tightwad and had better ways of spending that money. But it would be nice to have free drinks! Yeah like that's going to happen...

Must be nice. Mine are the world's slowest eaters. They don't eat, they DINE! :upsidedow

DS6 will be starting 1st grade - the day after Labor Day, so we won't miss it - though I wonder how in tune he'll be with it after racing home from the Disney Magic.

There is no missing the first day of 1st grade. The class is welcomed by the 2nd grade class with a rose, and the 12th graders each take one by the hand and show them where everything is on campus. A lot of the 12th graders continue the relationship over the year by popping into the 1st/2nd grade playground to say "Hi" to their special buddy.

Fortunately, we're not forced to make that choice. Because, like all of you - I know which way we'd choose.

I find it interesting that they're willing to burn so much goodwill. :rolleyes: Definitely not behavior I would have expected from Disney.

Well, my YOUNGEST is not a fast eater- not by a long shot. She's the one piddling around hoping we'll just let her not eat supper so she can eat other things like goldfish when she says she's hungry later. Little stinker. LOL

That's neat about the 1st graders/12th graders but they are all in the same school? Is it some private school or something? Here ours are way seperated- elementary schools, middle then highschool. 12th graders like don't ever even SEE 1st graders. LOL

As for your last comment- I don't think they care because they think (know?) that not only are they overbooked and could stand some people to cancel but also if too many cancelled they have plenty of people waiting in the wings wanting to get on the cruise. I do, however, have to wonder if they received some really bad PRESS about this- ie: more than just some online message boards/etc.- if they'd start taking this more seriously. At that point maybe they'd start thinking PAST the point of THIS cruise and how "desired" it is/overbooked/can book rooms at a heartbeat and start thinking about how bad press could affect their OTHER not quite AS desired cruises. (in other words how it might affect the bottomline on shorter/less 'special' cruises). You'd think they'd already realize that now- considering so many on the 2 repo cruises are CC members- but maybe they think once a CC member always a CC member no matter how they treat us?

TRANSLATION:.... We really don't care... please cancel so that we can fill your cat 3 room with the 50 or so others already on the waiting list and can make more profit than we did with your family on tier 1 pricing. LUV, Mickey

Yep, that's what they are thinking!

Oh and btw, I received word from someone else using the same TA as myself that they've already told them that they aren't matching the increase in OBC that DU and other TA's are giving now.
:(
That figures. Just my luck- the TA that *I* always give my business to is the one that isn't increasing the OBC. Well it will make me reconsider who I transfer my onboard booking to next time, that's for sure..

Just to clarify.
I know that others have told me their various TA's are matching DU's offer of increased OBC now- but I just clicked on DU's ad at the top of the page about the OBC and it shows on that page that the offer for those OBC amounts are only if booked between "now and Aug 31, 2007" and it says it's not valid with any bookings, or price quotes, previous.

??
That kinda sounds like those that already booked with them months ago (on that first day of booking) aren't going to receive that amount of OBC. Did someone(s) receive confirmation that they would receive that OBC amount even though they booked this cruise months ago? If so, why is the terms/conditions stated like that on their website? Just curious.

I hardly ever post, but I have to say what an awesome letter Joel110, and what an unsatisfactory response! I've been trying to decide what to write in my letter, but I can see it doesn't really matter because the response is the same no matter what you write! But I will try. Like many of you, I won't cancel over this, but I will think hard before rebooking. Back to lurk mode...

Thank you :goodvibes To bring a lurker out is quite the compliment. Despite the canned response we've received, I do think each letter helps let Disney know that they didn't just upset a couple of people.

I can't remember exactly, but it was much more than the 105 day mark. A few months before that actually. Oh wait....I'm counting from my cruise date and I'm on the repo home...not really sure how far before the first repo they were announced...might still have the announcement from my TA, I'll check email

Hey Monica -
When is your flight home on 9/1 - I'm hoping we can have a mini-mini-meet in FLA between before we fly back to CA.
Laura is staying in FLa - I'm leaving quite late - Esteri can only meet at the airport area (her flight is @ 2:30) Todd, Pam & Julie are leaving early and meeting is out for them. David is at DWD celebrating his 40th B'day.
Arlene - I think I've got that right?
And we'll be on the cruise for the Big FLA meet!!

Anyway - since we're leaving soon - I thought it might be nice to see what we can manage.

Thank you :goodvibes To bring a lurker out is quite the compliment. Despite the canned response we've received, I do think each letter helps let Disney know that they didn't just upset a couple of people.

I read somewhere (possibly in relation to writing one's congressperson) that they figure for every actual letter they receive there's 100 people who feel the same way who haven't written.

Hey Monica -
When is your flight home on 9/1 - I'm hoping we can have a mini-mini-meet in FLA between before we fly back to CA.
Laura is staying in FLa - I'm leaving quite late - Esteri can only meet at the airport area (her flight is @ 2:30) Todd, Pam & Julie are leaving early and meeting is out for them. David is at DWD celebrating his 40th B'day.

Anyway - since we're leaving soon - I thought it might be nice to see what we can manage.

Our flight dont leave till 12:07 ...we might be able to say Hi and Bye ...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

pirate:

Our flight dont leave till 12:07 ...we might be able to say Hi and Bye ...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

pirate:

We'll just have to find someplace that's convenient to meet!! I'm renting a car 'cause my flight isn't until 7pm!! I'll make sure to get unlimited miles and maybe I will do a roving meet!!:rotfl2:

Hey Monica -

I am going to be at MCO on 9/1 as well to leave for our qualifying cruise. This is the one that the only reason my Mom and I are going is so we can become CC members. We basically looked for the cheapest week that would work for our schedules and booked it. My sister is coming too.
Anyway, our flight gets in around 2:30 as well. Is anyone going to be around so I can do a drive-by mini-meet?
Coral

Just to clarify.
I know that others have told me their various TA's are matching DU's offer of increased OBC now- but I just clicked on DU's ad at the top of the page about the OBC and it shows on that page that the offer for those OBC amounts are only if booked between "now and Aug 31, 2007" and it says it's not valid with any bookings, or price quotes, previous.

I wrote to John at Dreams and he responded by saying that the offer to transfer was extended to the end of August.

Basically, if you booked with DCL and you want to transfer to Dreams you will get the doubled OBC. Originally people who were currently Dreams' clients and those that wanted to transfer were eligible for the additional OBC.

Dreams then decided to extend the offer to transfer from DCL to Dreams until 08/31. This offer was not made available (as I wrote before) to reservations held with other TAs based on professional courtesy.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Dreams continues to extend the offer past 08/31.

:thumbsup2 Im a lurker too, but great job Joel!!:thumbsup2

I sent an email last weekend and I just received the same Spam mail letter everyone else has received.

I guess the 4 of us will just order extra lobster on lobster night, so they better stock up!:rotfl: I might even bring a Ziploc!

Color me confused.....and this is what I get for going on vacation and not keeping up.....I understand that DCL will be charging an extra $100 per person, and I see where the math was done and it doesn't seem fair.
I think I'm following along with the info that Dreams has offered some really nice onboard credits.....
But where the confusion comes in is why should I expect my independent TA, who barely makes any money from her bookings, to try to match what a larger company can offer?? :confused3 It's not her fault that DCL did this, and it isn't her fault that Dreams is making such an offer......
She got me the EXACT rooms that I needed for this cruise, and has gotten me GREAT rooms and prices on other cruises and trips, and she always leaves me a nice OBC for the spa, or whatever...and usually a nice bottle of wine and some flowers.....which I am ever so grateful for, but definitely DO NOT EXPECT to receive.
I'm just happy as a little clam that she gets me a room, and to the best of her ability, a good price.
I would feel like a total if I even THOUGHT of asking her for more.

Off my soapbox now, and sorry if I totally missed the entire point back there somewhere.

After reading a post on the WB thread I realized we are being "played like a violin".

Many of use wrote our concerns and if you compare notes you will see we all got the same email in return (this has been established, but there's more).

If you returned Joseph's email you also were presented with another "canned" response. The bottomline is it didn't matter what we wrote; the had responses for any correspondence no matter how many times we responded.

Below is a secondary letter from Joseph posted on the WB thread that is an exact response to what I received this morning. DCL sure is playing us for a bunch of fools :mad:

Dear Stephanie:

Thank you for your response to my e-mail message.

We sincerely regret your continued disappointment. Please know that your concerns have been taken seriously.

Once again, we look forward to your 2008 voyage aboard the Disney Magic.

Sincerely,

Joseph
Executive Correspondent
Disney Cruise Line

BLAH BLAH BLAH...you're still coming so pipe down.
Steph

Jeff

FIRST - party: Happy Anniversary!!! party:

About the brunch/tea - as I said to Tom I just didn't want to step on toes. Now that I know how it works - I am volunteering to organize the same for our cruise!

clipmickminval-1.gif

Happy 38th Anniversary

"Arlene and Rich"

clipmickminval-1.gif

Happy Anniversary
Arlenesp and DH!

Anniversary%20Cake%20-%201.jpg

THANKS, Rich was thrilled to see the postings. Will see you in chat.

Color me confused.....and this is what I get for going on vacation and not keeping up.....I understand that DCL will be charging an extra $100 per person, and I see where the math was done and it doesn't seem fair.
I think I'm following along with the info that Dreams has offered some really nice onboard credits.....
But where the confusion comes in is why should I expect my independent TA, who barely makes any money from her bookings, to try to match what a larger company can offer?? :confused3 It's not her fault that DCL did this, and it isn't her fault that Dreams is making such an offer......
She got me the EXACT rooms that I needed for this cruise, and has gotten me GREAT rooms and prices on other cruises and trips, and she always leaves me a nice OBC for the spa, or whatever...and usually a nice bottle of wine and some flowers.....which I am ever so grateful for, but definitely DO NOT EXPECT to receive.
I'm just happy as a little clam that she gets me a room, and to the best of her ability, a good price.
I would feel like a total if I even THOUGHT of asking her for more.

Off my soapbox now, and sorry if I totally missed the entire point back there somewhere.

I think that there were a number of issues running around. First, a number people think that DU may be a future travel agent for them due to this extraordinary customer services. Second, some were concerned that their TA was giving something to others that had booked but not to them. Last, I think some were going to ask TA about it.

I'm like you, very happy with what I got and not pursuing TA for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter