8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. :sad2: We booked that cruise a year in advance and told them they HAD to take off then. :) It was the first time ever that all 5 of our children were able to all be with us for a trip!!! :love:

Your pictures are amazing. You have a beautiful family.:goodvibes

So I have all the suitcases out. Dante is giving me the really sad look. I hate to pack in front of him. :rolleyes1

ymca.gif

YMCA is 7dd's favorite dance. :lmao:

ymca.avi.GIF

O.k so DH just calls, he calls me every night.:flower3: conversation goes like this:

T: hello
C:Hi honey
T:hey I need to call you back
CIs everything o.k
T:yeah fine I am going for a pirate
C:Huh?
T:really I need to call you back
C: o.k when do you think you can call me back?
T: honey it's a dash so i am not sure but I will call you back o.k
C: o.k then bye

Lucy you got some explaining to do.:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I was sooo excited the other night when I got a pirate and attempted to explain to DH who was on the couch next to me... He still doesn't get it. I tell him "It's just a game we're playing" and he says "When do you get your prize?" :confused3 :confused3

"Do they mail it to us" "Is it one of the retired anamatronics from the ride?" :confused3

SOOOOO excited!!! I've actually started pulling stuff out of closets and drawers to start packing for ME :cool1: :lmao: I'm probably STILL not going to sleep tomorrow night because there's still a bazillion things to do before our flight Friday morning ... but at least I can now say that I've STARTED. DH told me tonight that he's done packing ... just a last few things to pack for the kids, and then the only one left to worry about is me ;) :woohoo:

~Kandi

So I'm deleting things off of my memory stick and I come across this PowerPoint Presentation that I had done on Panama for my Business Spanish class. Here are the important parts (read: best!) of the presentation. Maybe some of you will find it interesting. (FYI-- the whole presentation was done in Spanish so the captions are, well, they're not in English. And the Spanish is most definitely not perfect!)

Slide1.gif

Slide2.gif

Slide3.gif

Slide4.gif

Slide13.gif

Slide14.gif

Slide15.gif

Slide16.gif

Slide17.gif
Slide18.gif

Slide19.gif

Slide20.gif

OMG, 5 hours until we leave for the airport. I don't think I can go to sleep because I feel like if I fall asleep, I will never get up.

Today was just an insane day, trying to get everything done, plus trying to get a little spa time in too. Shouldn't have saved so much for last minute. Actually had a meltdown today: had a glitch with my contact lenses (and we DO NOT travel without spares - could ruin a vacation) hated everyone (family, friends), didn't want to go....yadda, yadda yadda. But after my second Pomegrante and Vodka, I am feeling just fine now, thank you very much.

So we are traveling with 5 suitcases, DHs is at the limit, I still have a little bit of room left in mine (about 10 lbs) and the garment bag is only about 27 lbs, so that is good. The girls should be within the limits. 2, maybe 3 carryons. I knew we were going to have to go to 5 bags, it was either that or go over the limit, and if I'm going to pay $25, I might as well have a whole other bag@

Debi

What time Eastern Standard time does the Disney Magic go through the Panama Canal for the Live Web Cam's? My Family would like to watch us go through. I know I have seen this information somewhere, but I can't find it now!! Anyone have an idea??

We won't know for sure, but the 2005 scheduled had the following times (ADJUSTED TO EASTERN STANDARD TIME):

Entering Miraflores Locks - 9:20am
Departing Miraflores Locks - 10:40am
Entering Pedro Miguel Locks - 11:00am
Departing Pedro Miguel Locks - Noon
Passing Gamboa - 1:10pm
Entering Gatun Locks: 3:50pm
Clearing Gatun Locks: 7:00pm

She was so nice.. yes she told me you were right there.. I told her to tell you HI...

We are checking in two bags each .. plus I will have a rolling and laptop.. DH will have rolling and backpack.. I have no idea what MIL & fil have until they get here tonight.. :lmao:

My DS and DSF is taking us to the airport in the morning.. :banana:

Have a safe trip

USAA told me 1% fee on the phone yesterday. Maybe it depends on which card you have. :confused3
Most used to hide the additional fee. The 1% was imposed by Visa/ M/C mso check your statements carefully.

We won't have pirate costumes either. DH wouldn't be caught dead in any kind of costume. He actually told me he wants to put a bag over his head so I don't embarass him with all this DIS nonsense.:rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl: I will try to talk him into at least wearing our pirate t-****s. I have some jewelry, a bandana and an eye patch that I might wear with some denim capris.

Why or why do the minutes seem like hours this week? Where is the time fairy? :sad2: I am not sleeping well either. DH just keeps asking why I am so "uptight". Yea, like you planned any of this cruise or did anything other than pack your clothes and the cameras (which aren't together yet and he has to get some videos off the hard drive of the camcorder :headache:). I really do love him but...15 days in confined quarters might lead to someone going overboard.:lmao:

Here is what we do. Since mine hasn't helped either, we can put them in the same room and you and I will bunk together :lmao: :lmao:

Just checking in..

Safe travels to those who are leaving..

I am sooo jealous but I guess someone has to hold the thread together ..:lmao:

Well yesterday was not my day.. after the mishap with the wallet, I went and got a hair cut and color after work.. and she was consistant.. good hair cut, bad haircut, good hair cut , bad haircut.. consistant..

I got home and each one of the boys commented to me.. "oh, you got your hair cut. new style??" they were trying to be polite.. normally ( on the good haircut cyle) they don't even notice or say anything.. but not this time..

:confused3 ;) when people meet me I know that they will smile and say hi but under their breath will be "wow, look at that bad haircut"..;) :confused3 or maybe I'll just wear a hat or a tiara...:wizard: :bride: princess:

then I got home and went to plug my laptop into the internet and get on chat and the thread but the internet was down.. DH looked at it and then Geoff (DS#1) and concluded that the router was fried... so no internet for me.. but I must have looked so sad with my bad haircut and sad face that they felt sorry for me and DH went to get a new router.. so Geoff has a project today to get it working...

7:30 am meeting and so the day goes... but only 3 days until TOAL

Susan. Most people here don't know what you look like so they don't have the "good haircut" to compare. We will think you look just fine :goodvibes
I won't even try to catch up today. Left work today at 1pm. Finished up a bit. Got hair done and took DS out to dinner. His birthday was yesterday. Then he brought the laptop over and showed me how to use it. Loaded lots of programs and we put some movies on the harddrive so I don't have to carry any discs. Tomorrow is crunch day.

Question for those at the Hojo. Is ther a fridge in the room? I will be ordering some stuff from Vons or Albertsons and was wondering about that.

Hi everyone!

I was on the WB repo--it was the trip of a lifetime! I know you all are going to have a BLAST!!! :cool1: Savor every single moment, take LOTS of photos (no one in our group complained that they'd taken too many pictures, but lots of folks wished they'd taken more, especially of cruise mates) and enjoy canal day. I'm reliving my excitement when I was just days away from sailing. Wish I could join you!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Have fun!!!

7dd wanted me to post this picture.... :)

9-7-06055.jpg

Stephanie, please tell me that you have an ugly wart on your face that you cover up with an amazing cover-up or that you actually have wrinkles - scratch that - visible wrinkles or that your a super nice lady BECAUSE.....from the looks of these pictures........it would be SUPER EASY to hate you - not just hate you but THROW DARTS AT YOUR PICTURE TO SEE WHO GETS CLOSER TO YOUR EYES type of hate. :rolleyes1

Not that I'm jealous or anything. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Seriously, please tell me that this blondie is your dd and not you?

NOTE TO GOD: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T LET THIS BE STEPH - and if it is - please don't let me get the misfortune to stand next to her - EVER!

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Just kidding - you look amazing - HOWEVER, that being said - please don't stand next to me ever. :lmao:

Stephanie, please tell me that you have an ugly wart on your face that you cover up with an amazing cover-up or that you actually have wrinkles - scratch that - visible wrinkles or that your a super nice lady BECAUSE.....from the looks of these pictures........it would be SUPER EASY to hate you - not just hate you but THROW DARTS AT YOUR PICTURE TO SEE WHO GETS CLOSER TO YOUR EYES type of hate. :rolleyes1

Not that I'm jealous or anything. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Seriously, please tell me that this blondie is your dd and not you?

NOTE TO GOD: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T LET THIS BE STEPH - and if it is - please don't let me get the misfortune to stand next to her - EVER!

:rotfl: :rotfl2:

Just kiddind - you look amazing - please don't stand next to me ever. :lmao:

Laura rest easy those are all of Stephanie's DDs. But if they look like that mom can not be that far behind in the looks department.

We won't have pirate costumes either. DH wouldn't be caught dead in any kind of costume. He actually told me he wants to put a bag over his head so I don't embarass him with all this DIS nonsense.:rotfl: :confused3 :rotfl: I will try to talk him into at least wearing our pirate t-****s. I have some jewelry, a bandana and an eye patch that I might wear with some denim capris.

Why or why do the minutes seem like hours this week? Where is the time fairy? :sad2: I am not sleeping well either. DH just keeps asking why I am so "uptight". Yea, like you planned any of this cruise or did anything other than pack your clothes and the cameras (which aren't together yet and he has to get some videos off the hard drive of the camcorder :headache:). I really do love him but...15 days in confined quarters might lead to someone going overboard.:lmao:

:wave2: Terri - have no fear -DH was like this too the first time we sailed with the DIS - didn't have any idea who they were but when pirate: night came around and that group have over 300 pirate: - he felt left out and on our next cruise - I made the mistake of renting a costume from a costume shop. He looked very good and got tons of complements while I had the cheapie halloween store costume trying to save some $$. I haven't had a problem since. In fact, we've sailed DCL so much we ended up having to buy our own costumes. We dress up but this time, DH is scaling down - says the full costume is too heavy and hot for him.

As for the "togetherness." I agree with you - after about 9 days - I'm dying for him to find his own excitement and not be stuck to me like glue. This time, I'm sticking like glue to Cheryl, then we only have to worry about the togetherness in the cabin. He has learned to take a walk when I start getting a little snippy. For his safety - he now takes off and leaves me alone for about 1 hr then I'm good to go for about a couple of hours.

DH is super nice and sweet but sometimes I need some me time. Best to leave me alone then. :laughing:

Laura rest easy those are all of Stephanie's DDs. But if they look like that mom can not be that far behind in the looks department.

Great thanks Roger - now I'm really worried!

Hey = explain this Mousekateer night to me?

Quiet on the boards today huh? :rotfl2: Just logged on - I'm procrastinating packing - can you tell? :laughing:

7dd wanted me to post this picture.... :)

9-7-06055.jpg

WHEW!

Double Whew - I can rest easy now. :hippie:

And I can Also say that I :love: her hair - I wish I had the guts to go that short. It does look awesome on her. I'm jealous. :laughing: Go figure - there's no pleasing us women.

Roger - when you leaving? Still got family coming in on Friday? Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter