8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who it was the other night who told me they had the canon sd camera. I got my sd1000 today and the image on the screen is very grainy. The picture comes out fine, but the screen resolution looks horrible. I'm not sure if this is normal or it could be the lighting at night. Not sure if I should try to get amazon to overnight another one or if I should do with this until we get back and then exchange it....

When you say the screen, do you mean the screen on the back of the camera or the computer screen?

Andy

So I have a bed full of stuff I would like to take. I have more stuff to add to the pile. Then I need to sort through what I really want to take. I can only have one 50 pound suitcase plus a carry on, plus probably my camera bag. Although I hope to get my camera bag into the carry on.

I have to figure out the shoe situation, I can not wear many types of shoes given that my walking boot makes me uneven. Also I guess I could probably only take the left shoes. Hmmm..

I will probably chuck everything in the bag so I can sleep tonight and then sort through it tomorrow or Thursday morning.

When you say the screen, do you mean the screen on the back of the camera or the computer screen?

Andy

The LCD screen on the camera itself. I just did a google search and it appears to be common in low lighting situations. We don't have the lights on in the living room since they are on in the kitchen and dining room. We are getting enough light from there, but I guess that is what is causing it. I'll take it outside in the morning. The pictures themselves are crystal clear.

Drive by posting again. Well if I have time I'll try to catch up on posts but I probably won't be able to! LOL

Boy last night was fun (not). See I wasn't just paranoid about our flight being late (related to using disneyland express that closes at midnight)- because sure enough our flight was delayed several times and we got to Ca shortly after midnight.... CA time. For us it was shortly after 2am! Good thing we're all nightowls huh? (although I was the one that kept dozing off on the plane- off and on because ofcourse Rita kept waking me up LOL- because they all slept Sunday night and I didn't!)

well like I thought- we got here and were starving... even though we'd eaten on the run on the way to the airport (we were running late- so we thought- but we got there and called to find gate info and found out it was delayed so we left to get something to eat) but that was at 6-ish our time- it was a full 8hrs+ later that we got to the resort (we used super shuttle and we waited about 20min to get in the van- then they drove round and round the airport trying to fill the ONE spot left on the van before finally giving up and driving us all to our hotels... so it took about an hour and a half to get from walking off the plane to our hotel)
Fortunately we spotted an IHOP on the way to HOJO and walked there after checking in --UNfortunately that place is expensive- every place here is expensive I suspect. LOL we got 2 meals and shared them and only drank water ($3 for each soda or coffee? no thanks~!) and it was still almost $30. woohoo fun LOL

then we crashed in our room and when I say crashed- I mean no unpacking besides grabbing out sleepwear and mom saying to the kids GO TO SLEEP OR ELSE and then mom (that be me) immediately falling asleep. I don't know what time they fell asleep- they were watching disney channel but all I know is they weren't talking or being loud and that's all I cared about at that point- that they lay there quietly and let me sleep. LOL that was about 3:30am CA time but 5:30am to my body still in CST. LOL

Needless to say my plans to do DL on Tuesday were shot. Oh I set the alarm early but um... none of us woke up and later when I heard it I kept hitting snooze- for like 2hrs (not kidding LOL) We finally got up about 10am and decided today was shot for DL. We want to go first thing since we only have 3 days of tickets (one day to be used on Saturday with Jeff).
so... we finally got around to getting dressed and had lunch at McDonalds.... and kids are swimming.

FYI- wireless works at the pool and the smoking area they have at HOJOs. I just went into the lobby and got the wireless to work and walked around to the pool and smoking area to see if it worked in both- it does. IDK if it will work clear up to our room on the 2nd floor- probably not. Although it does work in the hallway of the first floor.

Since we have nothing planned tonight I think we'll probably go to DTD once the kids have had enough of castaway cove.... and then to bed early so we can get up early for our first day at DL!

Oh and my overpacked carryons? they WERE overpacked- I couldn't get them in the overhead thing without removing our quart size ziplock bag of "liquid/gel" stuff from the front pockets of each and they were heavy and I'm short AND weak arms- was totally missing DH last night (LOL) but I managed it myself and I was proud of myself. Almost didn't have enough room for our carryons though because as I suspected, with checked luggage fees most people were carrying on their luggage- more than I've ever seen in the past atleast. I saw the flight attendants telling some people there was no more room in the overhead areas and they had to put their carryons on their feet! As you know there is barely room for feet/leg room let alone putting carryon luggage there. I was bummed for them. :( I can't imagine having to keep our 36lbs carryons on our feet the whole way! but maybe theirs didn't weigh as much as ours. LOL

The weather here is GLORIOUS!
Last night in the airport waiting for super shuttle to arrive we kept feeling a breeze that TO US felt like a/c! We kept commenting to each other about how that felt like a/c blasting on us. LOL Today it's the middle of the day and feels warm but nowhere near as hot as in Texas in the middle of the day lately. It's cooler right now here- than it is at midnight in Texas (and I know this because I was out at 11:30pm the other night in Tx and it was still 96 degrees- it's not 96 here now!) We're excited about going to DL and not having heatstroke like we were having at Six Flags last week (when we went that day it was 107....) It's going to be nice..... can't wait!

OH and was reading the book in our room in HOJO and realized you can ask for an extension for the ethernet cable in your room- it IS located with a short cable at the table between the beds but you can ask for an extension at the front desk. they just add a $35 deposit but once you return it- you pay nothing. Just FYI for anyone who wants the extension in their room. :)

We're wearing our lime green wristbands (woohoo) but no one has noticed us yet. LOL Ofcourse we're just at HOJO today. Is anyone else here at HOJO yet? If so, give us a ring- we're in room 1208 :)

talk more later taters! :)

It's funny about perspective. We got to CA about 12:30 local time and went to DTD. For us, it was very hot. Not as bad as Orlando in August, but hot for us Denverites. It's much better this evening. We're resting before heading back to DTD for the night. We're wearing our lime green and black wristbands (thanks Tina!!). We'll be changing rooms tomorrow to Building 1. Right now we're in building 2 because we added a day on to our trip and they didn't have any Disney view rooms remaining.

I hope everyone's flights go as smooth as ours. Our flight left on time from Denver and we arrived a few minutes early to LAX. We were at Hojo's before 2:00 p.m. as the traffic seemed light. The only problem was that our room wasn't ready so we carried our backpacks to downtown Disney which included the laptop, kids journals, books, etc. Way too heavy for sunny California!

Hi guys. Been so crazy....I can't believe you all are still chatting so much,. definitely no time to catch up since yesterday...way too many pages.

Definitely into the 5th suitcase (that being the garment bag for all the formal and dinner clothes). Each of us has our own suitcase, so we have to pay for one more, with the cost of this trip, what's another $25? Pocket change.

I can't believe I have one day left and so much to do. Vacation unofficially starts now as I finished work today. :banana: :banana: Tomorrow is spa day. The girls and I head off for massages (DH gave us all GCs last Christmas and I thought now was a good time to use them) then I go for a pedicure and manicure. And finish packing. I am pretty much done, just the last minute stuff from the laundry (that always seems to pile up and everyone seems to disappear when it has to get done). We have a 6:50 flight Thursday morning and I figure we should arrive at the GC somewhere around noon. We have 6:30 ressies at Blue Bayou, so hopefully we will be able to make the meet at the parade, even if we are a little late, we should be able to get there.

Again, to all who are travelling tomorrow, please have a safe trip. God speed!

Debi

Hi guys. Been so crazy....I can't believe you all are still chatting so much,. definitely no time to catch up since yesterday...way too many pages.

Definitely into the 5th suitcase (that being the garment bag for all the formal and dinner clothes). Each of us has our own suitcase, so we have to pay for one more, with the cost of this trip, what's another $25? Pocket change.

I can't believe I have one day left and so much to do. Vacation unofficially starts now as I finished work today. :banana: :banana: Tomorrow is spa day. The girls and I head off for massages (DH gave us all GCs last Christmas and I thought now was a good time to use them) then I go for a pedicure and manicure. And finish packing. I am pretty much done, just the last minute stuff from the laundry (that always seems to pile up and everyone seems to disappear when it has to get done). We have a 6:50 flight Thursday morning and I figure we should arrive at the GC somewhere around noon. We have 6:30 ressies at Blue Bayou, so hopefully we will be able to make the meet at the parade, even if we are a little late, we should be able to get there.

Again, to all who are travelling tomorrow, please have a safe trip. God speed!

Debi

We just are all bored and jealous because we did not leave early to California.:sad1:

Last minute cruise question....

Do you pack your door magnets in your carry-on or checked bag? We've never had them, so I don't know!:confused3
(Sorry, kind of a silly question, I know). My brain is overloaded and tired right now.

Thanks!

I pack mine in which ever one they fit in.

come to think of it...I bought Pirates of the Carib. continuous spray sunscreen from Disney online and they shipped it no problem. Maybe its only a UPS thing, I don't remember who ships Disney online stuff.

I bought the stuff from Avon and we shipped it out UPS. :confused3

Ok...so..those of us still sitting here dreaming of the day we get to leave to start our TOAL...just because question..

What is the one thing you packed (or expect to pack) that you are pretty sure you probably won't use even though you HAD to pack it? :)

2 things actually, my nebulizer and hopefully.....Immodium!

I saw some posts earlier about sunscreen and packing it, but it sounded like some people had trouble traveling with the spray kind. I bought two bottles of that this time around and I'm wondering if I will have trouble on the plane. It will be packed in the suitcase.

Well, I just checked in to the airport hotel -- La Quinta Inn, Elk Grove Village, IL.

Will catch the 6:00 a.m. shuttle tomorrow morning and take off at 9:00 a.m. for sunny California. Check in to Grand Californian tomorrow afternoon and anticipate the cruise!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Have a safe trip Padre!

I saw some posts earlier about sunscreen and packing it, but it sounded like some people had trouble traveling with the spray kind. I bought two bottles of that this time around and I'm wondering if I will have trouble on the plane. It will be packed in the suitcase.

Just make sure it is in your checked bags and you should be OK.

We just are all bored and jealous because we did not leave early to California.:sad1:

Yeah- what she said.
I put the FE gifts in a suitcase but hae not done aything else much. Bill said we should all sit down and pack everything Thirs night so we don't have to worry about we packed or didn't.
Tomorrow afternoon we meet with Megan's Middle School Counselor. She is going to show her around and help her w/ her locker since she will be missing the 1st week. My Mom is going to take her over to the school every day this week to mae sure she knows her way around.
Miranda has soccer practice tomorrow too.
Thurs it is mani/pedi day and packing. Also housesitter will be gone on Saturday so she will have her helper sitter come meet the pets and get the lowdown on the house.
Friday- take Debi and Kevin to the airport and finish packing.
Whew!

I have a feeling you and I might be the only ones on this thread that know what the BLM even is. My family were all ranchers in NM. We hated the BLM.

Quick- pray to the St. Anthony guy.

Phew it seems it wasn't lost at all... Apparently I put it with DH's pass :confused3 I guess I just was assuming it would expire before we were going to go again since we weren't planning to till Sunday :scared:

Gald you solved that problem. :thumbsup2 I had a $4.95 charge on my Master Card and it was for some website selling download books. I complained and Master Card took off the charge.:yay: Six months later another charge showed up again for $4.95............:headache: This time I said change the card before there are bigger charges on it.:eek:

:eek: Sounds a good time to change!

BLM: Bureau of Land Management, right? I grew up with the ranchers in Idaho ;)

Michelle

I honestly don't know what BLM does besides some of the little tourist places to visit. Apparently they annoy the ranchers too? :confused3 If you look at their website, they highlight all the western states.

I honestly don't know what BLM does besides some of the little tourist places to visit. Apparently they annoy the ranchers too? :confused3 If you look at their website, they highlight all the western states.

Seconded. Out here they seem intent on closeing all the old mining roads and jeep trails :headache:

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter