8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All!

Just finishing up last minute stuff...trying to get packed and organized.

Does anyone know how much it costs per load of laundry? Just thinking if we need to bring quarters or do they have a change machine for ones and fives?
Also the dryer, I guess... anyone know?

Janelle

I read in my passporter that it's $3.00 per load (washer and dryer).

Debi

I guess I should go in the attic and get out the luggage today. Need to see what we have, etc. I do have most of the clothes ready. Kids even have their first day of school outfits ready.

Now I need to wake them up to go to piano. Why did I schedule it for 9am all summer???:headache:

Say....

.... i'm traveling tomorrow! However, it won't be anywhere TOWARDS the ship.

.... we're doglegging it up to Bakersfield for business... then back again to resume packing on tuesday night. I'll have a web connection tomorrow once we get there - so I'll probably be lurking an' lookin' fer trouble... as usual. but in an INNOCENT manner.

Safe journey Captain.

Debi

Well,,,

Maybe try CALLING HoJos... asking if they have anyone who can answer a bit as to IF they canhelp you connect.

may i suggest you might wanna be careful NOT to let anyone disturb your connection confiuration or routine much... as it could unscramble something when you get home. IE... if you're out of email and web connection for a few days - let it be. Maybe you can find a public hot spot that's wireless and free - then connect EAsILY. Many hoels have unsecured wifi in their lobbies. Try calling the ADJACENT major hotels to your HoJos to see if they have an unsecured spot - aqnd don't tell them you're not staying at their hotel!

I think the Hyatt regency in Anaheim had it the last time I was there a couple of weeks ago ... but I think Hojos is a bit of a distance away.

And may I add BIP...

... my kids are not over age 7 so maybe my opinon only counts so much (near nuttin') ... but can't you ... like... give a naughty kid the MOTHER of all GROUNDINGS? I think it's still OK to make the home a bit of a prison for kids that deserve it? Withholding a gift they don't know about seems to have no deterrance. it's like having a secret doomsday weapon that is so secret that no one knows about it and no one fears or respects.

EFK8401red1175.jpg

2006613538_79cc33c32e.jpg

I know we can't / should not hit a child... but that didn't stop me from getting myhand slapped a couple times... which I quickly learned from as a kid.... AND the worst thing about parental discipline when i was a kid was getting yelled at in Chinese. My parents used to warn me if I didn't straighten up or correct my behavior then they would take one of those big Chinese butcher knives (the rectangular ones the size of a book in dimension/not thickness... and chop my head off. And I used to think ... OMG.... I wouldn't survive THAT kind of punishment. I nearly pooped my pants when they warned me about the butcher knife thing.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi guys. I've just popped on to say have a wonderful trip!! We were on the WB, and it was so brilliant it is hard to accept it is all over. I am very jealous of you all.

You are going to have a wonderful time, so go and enjoy yourselves.:dance3:

Thanks Marilyn,
As you can see, we can't wait!
Debi

Do you feel lonely?:flower3:

Very, just playing ketchup here - nod now I am all caught up (for the time being).

Fortunately, the Luggage Fairy visited last night, and got most of it done, now its just the stuff in laundry, and last minute things. Girls are packing their own stuff, and I just have to find the darn garment bag to put all the dinner clothes in.

Well time to get off and start the day, and get some stuff done.

Debi

Wow, you can jam 10 more pounds in there.
LOL
Nah.... it's REALLY jam packed as much as it can be already. LOL

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: How old is she? I have one of those too, she's 18 now, just starting to get a little better.

Debi
She's 14- going on 2 sometimes. LOL

Me too. That is definitely the only way to go, especially with my kids. I figured twice, as well. I still think I am overpacking.

Debi
I think I'm still overpacking too- I mean I haven't JUST packed like enough clothes for 7 days and then wash every 7 days- yanno? But who knows what they'll want to wear and I'm not wearing the same 7 things (not quite that much- but some will be worn more than once) every night to dinner either. I pared down my packing into less bags by taking things out and now I'm finding myself packing more in there! LOL

I'm on wireless at home but when I was at HoJos in June, I didn't have to do anything specific to use the ethernet cable. I just plugged it into the laptop and it automatically brought up a site to log in through HoJos. That said, HoJos apparently does also have wireless. I would have a pop up come up with nearby wireless connections if I wanted to connect through one of those, and one called HoJos came up. I tried to connect through it but I couldn't get a connection. We were there a week and the first 3 or 4 days I went in just fine through the ethernet cable, but then the connection got iffy. Sometimes I was able to go on, sometimes I wasn't. And while that was happening, suddenly I was also able to sporadically connect through their wifi connection. But I didn't have to do anything to my laptop to switch back and forth between the connections.

Do you have your own ethernet cable? I'd bring one. The cables in the rooms in the HoJo are very short and if you don't have your own cable you're basically tethered right to the connection.
Thanks for the info!
Yes I have bought an ethernet cable but it's only an 8ft because I didn't want to spend a fortune on a longer one just for this trip. Funny (or not) thing is that I bought one 8ft for almost $9 at walmart- then the very next day saw a bunch of them at the dollar store (same length) for a dollar! They were never there before- had a big display in the center aisle for them and everything. Story of my life. LOL Ofcourse I'd already opened the pkg and thrown away the packaging- so it's not like I could return the more expensive one from walmart. sigh :confused3
Will the 8ft be okay? I don't know how it's situated in the room. I hope the connection where I plug it in isn't like in a corner behind a bed or something- I may be in some weird positions trying to be on the laptop then. LOL
Good to know it's easy to hook up with it at HOJOs. :)

Would a 12 pack hold you 'till Puerto Vallarta? I hear PV has a Wal-mart near port and we're there till 11:30pm, so maybe you could load up then? Or do they not have diet Mt. Dew in Mexico? In the meantime, we were renting a car in LA and planning a beer/water stop...I think we could swing a 12 pack too.

OMGosh! I would love you forever! LOL! DH at least drinks tea..I don't even do that for caffeine! LOL!
I didn't want to have to pop Excedrine Migraine just to get my caffeine fix! LOL!

LOL
Will the 8ft be okay? I don't know how it's situated in the room. I hope the connection where I plug it in isn't like in a corner behind a bed or something- I may be in some weird positions trying to be on the laptop then. LOL
Good to know it's easy to hook up with it at HOJOs. :)

The 8ft should be fine. The connection was on top of the bedside table between the two beds. I had brought my own ethernet cable with me but it turned out it was broken so I was stuck using the HoJo's cable and I wound up having to sit right on the edge of the bed next to the table.

OMGosh! I would love you forever! LOL! DH at least drinks tea..I don't even do that for caffeine! LOL!
I didn't want to have to pop Excedrine Migraine just to get my caffeine fix! LOL!

Speaking of caffeine withdrawal headaches.. I've had a headache for atleast 2 days and couldn't figure out why. Then suddenly it dawned on me- I was drinking diet HEB orange drink instead of just the regular diet HEB soda- and I looked on the can and it said caffeine free! Well duh.... that was the problem! I had no caffeine for atleast 3 days- no wonder I had a headache. LOL

question time again.
So this is the first time we've ever had passports- do we need to bring our birth certificates too? or is passport fine and no need to bring bc?

The 8ft should be fine. The connection was on top of the bedside table between the two beds. I had brought my own ethernet cable with me but it turned out it was broken so I was stuck using the HoJo's cable and I wound up having to sit right on the edge of the bed next to the table.
Well, that's not TERRIBLY convenient- I was hoping more towards the table or desk or something. LOL Maybe I need to get a longer one. 8ft doesn't look as long as I thought. LOL But gosh I don't want to spend the money on it. LOL eh well.... I may end up on the laptop sitting on the floor there.
I didn't even think HOJO provided a cable- it says on their website that you have to provide it yourself. LOL

question time again.
So this is the first time we've ever had passports- do we need to bring our birth certificates too? or is passport fine and no need to bring bc?

Just the passports and if you don't want to take your passports off the ship the adults will need their driver's license as the photo ID to get on/off the ship along with your room keys. The kids will just need their room keys

Speaking of caffeine withdrawal headaches.. I've had a headache for atleast 2 days and couldn't figure out why. Then suddenly it dawned on me- I was drinking diet HEB orange drink instead of just the regular diet HEB soda- and I looked on the can and it said caffeine free! Well duh.... that was the problem! I had no caffeine for atleast 3 days- no wonder I had a headache. LOL

question time again.

No need for the birth certificate anymore since you have the passport.

Terri..........I just bring all my pills in a 7 day pill keeper (We are taking 4 of them this trip). John and I take 7 prescription drugs and 5 non prescription drugs. I have never been stopped without orginal pill bottles. We buy in 90 day supply too. I would need a large suitcase just for the drugs!!:rolleyes1

I think I will do that...plus copy the labels from the bottles to bring with me. So kind of the best of both worlds. Thanks Cheryl. Now I have to go out and buy a couple of more pill keepers. I usually just do that also, but was worried about being out of the country. I am not sure all the bottles would fit on my carry on.:lmao: Getting old is heck. Plus one of my pills I have to split and I don't want to take a pill splitter. I can take 1 1/2 pills twice a day or 1 pill 3x a day. I have a hard enough time remembering to taking the second dose, yet alone 3.

Another last minute packing question....

Does the ship carry Splenda?

Not sure, but I bought a small container like a TicTac container that has Splenda tablets (1/2 packet). I drink tea (hot and cold) and have to have some sweetener in it and since I am diabetic no sugar (which doesn't dissolve in iced tea anyway).

Did anyone see the program on Food Network about ginger for motion sickness? I don't remember the name of the show, but they put 4 people on whirling tea cups for 10 minutes with and without ginger capsules and measured how they felt. It was better with the ginger, so that is what I am bringing. But I also bought some Bonine.

No more horror stories about flights please. :laughing: DH checked our flights yesterday (the same flight we will be on in 1 week) and it was over 2 hours late getting to DFW so we would have missed our connection AND the next connection. Now he is freaking out.:scared1: I keep telling myself I am not going to say "I told you so" when I wanted to fly in Friday or Saturday.:rotfl2:

I still have to get to the grocery this week so Mom and DD have something to eat while we are gone. Not that either of them cook.:rotfl: But I do want them to have cereal, milk, bread, etc. Usually I am trying to use all that kind of stuff up before we leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter