8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scars from motorcycle crash when I was 21 - then there was the time I said "Here hold my beer, I'm going to try something......." :rotfl2:

Andy

Come join us! Yes, at 21 we think we are invincible. I have one of those children right now. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Debi

Do you have Walmart or CVS or Target???:confused3 All our stores carry it here and it is in Detergent aisle.:thumbsup2 I hope you find it.:hug: First cruise I had to iron John's suit. :sad2: Second cruise.......Johns suit got sprayed and and wrinkles were gone!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: You can always come and borrow some.:) I am bringing a big bottle.:thumbsup2

We have them all, I just can't find it. :confused3 They may just not sell it on my side of town. That's alright,not the end of the world.

question?
How do you determine the size of the luggage? AA says length+width+height. Length and height seem to be the same to me :confused3 The case measures 30" high,20 wide and 10 deep. Does this measure 60?

DH & I are both surprised that 25dd and her dh have a large dog.... When she was about 6 a German Shepard jumped it's fence (6ft wooden and they lived across the street) and it attacked the little girl dd was playing with in our yard......
When I was 10 I was walking our Miniature Schnauzer when an Irish setter attacked my dog - my dog was on a leash the Irish Setter was not. i started screaming and I had many neighbors come out to help me (we lived in Navy Housing, off base) and the owner of the Irish Setter never tried to stop it.... :sad2: He kept saying *I just got him yesterday* Then why wasn't he on a leash??? My dog had to have alot of work done --one of his hind legs was nearly torn off.

Even though I personally wasn't attacked I am still very nervous around large dogs.

Stephanie,

I was actually at my sister's house (my sister is much older) petting the next door neigbors dog over the fence, (they had one of those maybe 3 foot wire fences - not what you would need today if you were trying to keep your dog in your yard) and he reached over and bit me, took half my lip. It happened so fast that I really did feel it, but my nephew was standing right next to me and he started screaming, and there was so much blood that I started to cry (I may have also been in shock). It happened so fast, and I can remember it like it was yesterday. Over 40 years ago. I too are wary of large dogs, especially German Sheperds.

Debi

question?
How do you determine the size of the luggage? AA says length+width+height. Length and height seem to be the same to me :confused3 The case measures 30" high,20 wide and 10 deep. Does this measure 60?

Yes, all three different sides added together. Height would be the same as depth.

grr...i'm so upset right now! i was really looking forward to this trip to get my mind off of things...and it's just not gonna happen!
we went over to the airport to see what was going on...and they told us...there are NO flights for us tomorrow at all! the earliest one he could find is one on tues...but we wont get into cali til almost 2 i think it was. i dont even remember now...cuz i'm so irritated! i'm supposed to be taking it easy...but now i feel like we are gonna be a bit rushed when we get there now! my bday is weds...and we had a non stress day planned....taking it easy...dinner....but now i think we're gonna have to do the parks...so we can use our tickets that we bought!
i don't know. it's just so frustrating! i guess it could be worse...at least we had the extra time before the cruise!

i haven't read thru all the back posts...but i wanted to send prayers to those that need them!

:hug: :grouphug:

Shannon............things will get better.:hug: I am sure Jet Blue will have more flights available tomorrow later in the day. I have never heard of an airline canceling the day before a flight unless their is a major hurricane.:rolleyes1

And the weather is fine right now in NYC. That really is weird.

Debi

I hear you- I'm used to drinking either diet dr pepper or diet HEB drinks. LOL
I'm not fond of pepsi.....

I'm SO doing laundry though. I figure I'll probably do laundry Friday at Hojo's and somewhere around the middle of the cruise -one week in? This is making it where I can pack WAY WAY WAY less stuff. ;)

Me too. That is definitely the only way to go, especially with my kids. I figured twice, as well. I still think I am overpacking.

Debi

This one's for Cruisin Mike... who so very nicely came over to our thread and asked... :goodvibes (Just imagine her going the other way!!!)

PCpicture.jpg

I CAN'T WAIT!

Debi

I'm telling ya! These kids....... what can ya say? And here I thought things got BETTER as they got older (you know- cause they can dress themselves, feed themselves, etc.) but oh no- it really just gets harder. LOL

she may have lied completely from the beginning. That's the thing-I can't trust her or believe her! (because about a month ago she begged to just "stay at the church" with some girls and play ball/etc. but when I asked if there would be a supervisor/someone there- she said she didn't know and all that. So I said no. Then she started asking about going to this girl Jennifer's house and I said to get her number and I'd talk to her mom- she kept forgetting her number- then said she'd call me after church today to let me talk to her mom- but instead just tells Jeff that I said it was okay blah blah blah and then ends up just staying at the church to play ball and stuff? I mean pretty big coincidence don't you think? The whole thing could be a big elaborate lie just to stay at the church and play like she'd asked originally.Who knows with this kid!)

And now you people (LOL) can see why I'm not thrilled with the idea of her just "hanging" without supervision on the cruise- do you see now? huh? do ya? LOL
I may end up spending hours (and probably more than once) trying to find her because she won't be where she says she'll be at what time she says she'll be there.
ugh

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: How old is she? I have one of those too, she's 18 now, just starting to get a little better.

Debi

Just DIS people going on the cruise but not particpating in the FE exchange

ohmy- those are some heavy suitcases!
Our checked luggage is on the smaller side I think. Sometimes I have to look hard to tell the difference between the luggage we're checking and the carryon on luggage! We're using our disney luggage... and I think the large suitcase is only slightly bigger than the carryon. yanno? LOL I weighed ours- jam packed the checked luggage is right at 40lbs.

Wow, you can jam 10 more pounds in there.

I am considering bringing my WDW passes in case my flight is cancelled on Sept 1. Would like to try Blizzard Beach if we get the ax. Figure make the best of a bad situtation.

I like your way of thinking.

Debi

:grouphug: I have never known anyone else who was attacked by a dog as a child. I was around 8 years old and out riding my bike selling Girl Scout calendars. Before I knew what was happening I was pulled off my bike and hit the street. A doberman had rushed out of its house when the owner opened the door to go inside. He didn't like bikes. Thankfully I was wearing rubber insulated boots that were mid-calf, a couple pairs of socks and a couple pairs of pants since it was January and pretty cold. He bit into my right lower back leg and didn't let go until his owner ran out to the street to stop him. His teeth broke the skin pretty deeply and after cleaning my wounds the couple bought every single calendar I had and gave me their address. When I got home the police were called and I got to ride in the front seat of the squad car [no seat belts probably] so the officer could check the shot records for the dog. They bought a couple of cases of cookies each year until they moved. I don't remember having a problem with dogs before then, we were a cat family though. Since it happened I have been terrified of dogs...especially big ones...and it is very difficult for me to not pass that fear on to my kids. They are both big animal lovers and don't think twice about playing around with many of the neighbor's dogs who they grew up with at the other house or here in our new neighborhood.

Wow, that must have been frightening, having the dog run at you like that. Like I said, this happened so fast that I really didn't know it was happening. I have always grown up with dogs, and still have them, we have been very lucky to always have loving dogs, not vicious ones.

Debi

grr...i'm so upset right now! i was really looking forward to this trip to get my mind off of things...and it's just not gonna happen!
we went over to the airport to see what was going on...and they told us...there are NO flights for us tomorrow at all! the earliest one he could find is one on tues...but we wont get into cali til almost 2 i think it was. i dont even remember now...cuz i'm so irritated! i'm supposed to be taking it easy...but now i feel like we are gonna be a bit rushed when we get there now! my bday is weds...and we had a non stress day planned....taking it easy...dinner....but now i think we're gonna have to do the parks...so we can use our tickets that we bought!
i don't know. it's just so frustrating! i guess it could be worse...at least we had the extra time before the cruise!

i haven't read thru all the back posts...but i wanted to send prayers to those that need them!

Take a deep breath and think of the beautiful blue ocean you will be looking at in just 6 days. I am praying for you, all will work out.

Debi

What a day I have had packing. After packing a large bag very carefully, I went to zip it up and guess what? A broken zipper. Arg! Went out and got two new ones thinking an extra one wouldn't hurt. Then it happened again with another suitcase, the zipper tore away from the case! Guess I should be glad we picked up two to begin with. We still might need another one, we'll see tomorrow when I finish the last minute things! Bummer, would have been nice to spend that money on other things, like those things that shine and wrap around my finger!!!!:confused3 I guess that was on my mind since tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary.:yay: :love:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :love: :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter