8:15 at Crystal Palace

Only if you eat fast, request your check as soon as you sit down, and don't mind not meeting most of the characters. 9am rope drop really happens around 8:50am. With an 8:15 ressie, eating at a normal pace and interacting with each character (they individually revolve around the restaurant on their own schedule, not yours), you'll be done around 9:15.

Thanks! I've never done a pre-opening breakfast before. I'm not trying to hit any of the big rides at rope drop, but I don't want to miss to much of that first golden hour :-) 9:15 will be fine by me. Meeting all of the characters is really the only reason for going.

Then that will work great! Just didn't want you to be disappointed about not getting a short line for Anna & Elsa or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

One MK rope drop tip: Adventureland and Frontierland will both be ghost towns the first hour. That would be a great area to head to after Crystal Palace breakfast. Fantasyland will be a madhouse.

Try showing up at least 15 -20 min early. You might get seated faster.

Thanks!! It will just be me and my just turned 2 year old son, and he's not tall enough for the Mine Train, nor is he interested in A/E. We have FP's for Peter Pan, Buzz, & Pooh, so starting in Adventureland/Frontierland sounds great. He loved the Magic Carpets when he was 1, and he loves the Pirates of the Caribbean song, so we planned to give the ride a try. We'll try to arrive at the MK before 8, so if we get seated early, it'll be a bonus!

Are there any characters out in Frontierland/Adventureland at park opening? We definitely want to do the Woody/Jessie M & G by Splash, but I've never traveled with a toddler, so I've never looked into when these things start :-)

Thanks again for the replies!

We've had the 8:15 slot a couple of times. One time we were seated at 8:05 and one time we were seated closer to 8:20. If you are seated at the earlier time, the characters are moving well, and you're not going too slowly with your food, you could be out right around 9. I think 9:05 is our avg time out when we've got the 8:05 slot.

You mention rope drop...not sure if you mean being out to see the Welcome Show, but I doubt that's going to be possible. I believe they're still letting guests in the park closer to 8:45 (part of preventing stampedes for A&E and SDMT), meaning the Welcome Show happens closer to 8:35 (a few min after). All in all, unless you will probably make it out between 9 and 9:20.

You're in for a treat. Show up at the MK gates early, they may let you in as early as 7:30 if I remember correctly. And take your time is my advice. Main Street and the courtyard before park opens is a really cool thing. Enjoy it as long as your reservations allow. We had 8:45 ADRs and managed to be the very first people through the gates. We spent 45 minutes enjoying an essentially empty park. Photographer's paradise, I tell ya.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter