8/10/2008 - Mexican Party Cruise - Who's Here??

I am finding it difficult to start the packing process for some reason! I don't have a problem buying more things!:lmao:

I went and bought a few books so that I can attempt some leisure reading! It's been a long time since I was able to read a book uninterrupted! I might get some reading done! We'll see.

OK, so you have to sing it to get the full effect!!! We are hours away from flight time. Suit cases are a go. :thumbsup2 Last minute shopping has been done. We are going to bed NOW because we need to make a 6:40 AM flight to LAX in the morning!!!!!!! Yippoeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disney ... here we come!!!!:yay: :yay: See you all on the 10th... although I guess if you are staying at DL before the cruise I could see you earlier... I just won't know who you are!!!!!!:laughing:

I am finding it difficult to start the packing process for some reason! I don't have a problem buying more things!:lmao:

I went and bought a few books so that I can attempt some leisure reading! It's been a long time since I was able to read a book uninterrupted! I might get some reading done! We'll see.
This is SO me! I bought a couple of books myself at Costco this weekend. Thursday night...that's when I've decided the suitcases will come out and I will get serious...I hope.:rotfl:

D'Anne

OK, so you have to sing it to get the full effect!!! We are hours away from flight time. Suit cases are a go. :thumbsup2 Last minute shopping has been done. We are going to bed NOW because we need to make a 6:40 AM flight to LAX in the morning!!!!!!! Yippoeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disney ... here we come!!!!:yay: :yay: See you all on the 10th... although I guess if you are staying at DL before the cruise I could see you earlier... I just won't know who you are!!!!!!:laughing:
Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay at DLand! See you Sunday!:yay:

:sad1: Had a super bad day today. :sad2: Our agency that we are adopting from Taiwan with just out of the blue emailed all of their families today to tell us that due to the economy and the closing of many of their international adoption programs that they are closing. That's that.
And to top it all off... this BIG problem consumed my whole day and now I only have may daughter's clothes together!!!! And I have an interview tomorrow AM at 8:30 am for an extracurricular job at the school that I don't even really want! AAAAHHHH!!!! I need a vacation away from reality really bad!!!! I can't take any more stress. Our flights better go very smoothlike!:scared:

I am so very sorry. :hug: Having been through various adoption problems, I know how incredibly stressful it can be. I hope something works out and that you have another chance, perhaps with a different agency. Sounds like you really need this cruise now!

We made it! The boys and I drove down today, I got new glasses from Lenscrafters in Anaheim (they made them while I waited - 15 minutes :cool1: ), and we checked into our hotel. Even squeezed in an evening at Disneyland. The highlight of the day for DS22mo was the shuttle bus ride to the park. Our room overlooks the shuttle stop, and he stands in the window yelling "BUH! BUH!" Guess we shouldn't have spent all that money on the cruise - he'd be perfectly happy riding around on a public bus!

Okay, it's after midnight now, and I've been up since 3:30 a.m. I will be exhausted by the time the cruise rolls around. You'll find me parked permanently in a deck chair next Sunday.

Safe trip, everyone! :wave: See you onboard the Magic!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We are leaving to LA as soon as the garbage guy arrives, which is about 4 hours from now.

I have started and completed my FE which was surprisingly fairly easy.

I started packing one hour ago and found out that I have bought WAY too much clothes for this trip. :rotfl2: I have enough bags, but we have about a repo cruise worth of clothes, all new. :confused3

Anyway, those of you traveling far, please have a save trip. And to all of you, I have really really enjoyed typing with you for last couple of month. Thanks for sharing all the tips and effort and stories to keep this group alive. I miss you all already. :grouphug:

so, LETS HAVE A PARTY!! a great one!! :cheer2:

See you guys on board!!
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

(I will be ROMing from my hotel room.) :flower3:

everyone, enjoy your pre-cruise vacation days, i'm sure i will be packing until it's time to drive to the port on sunday morning! what time are you all planning on arriving?

I have already booked the 9 am shuttle from the Doubletree on Sunday morning. We can't wait to get there. I'm mostly packed but I still have a ton of laundry to do once DD gets home from camp on Friday night. Our flight leaves at 1 pm Saturday.

Hope you all have safe travels! Can't wait to meet you all on Sunday!

Safe travels to all of you traveling to LA. We will be at the ship at 10:00 a.m. sharp! I am short and I will have a TON of luggage and a soft-sided cooler. My kids are 5 (boy) and 3(girl), they will both be wearing life-saver shirts with mouse ears on them, and they will probably be running around. If you think you see me, please say hello!

I haven't washed anything, packed anything or made any lists! What is wrong with me. I will be going to Macys tomorrow to help out the economy AGAIN! Poor DH wears a polo an slacks to work every day. I decided that he needs some new stuff for this trip!

Help! Mexican Cruising friends. I was just planning to catch a cab from John Wayne airport tomorrow night but since we get in so late (10:30 p.m.) I was thinking I should hire a car service. Any of you California folks have a recommendation for a reputable service - preferably one with a van (not a shared shuttle like Super Shuttle though) so we can fit all our luggage...

Help! Mexican Cruising friends. I was just planning to catch a cab from John Wayne airport tomorrow night but since we get in so late (10:30 p.m.) I was thinking I should hire a car service. Any of you California folks have a recommendation for a reputable service - preferably one with a van (not a shared shuttle like Super Shuttle though) so we can fit all our luggage...

I know of one but it is very pricey! Let me know if you are still interested.

Well I have packed and repacked and the items still seem to be shoved in there like sardines:confused3
My DH laughed and said well once the FE things are out of the suitcase we will have room for things we buy on vacation:lmao: :laughing:
I called the airlines and because we changed our flight to Saturday instead of Sunday we no longer fall under the 2 bag rule we are now allowed 1 bag each and we have to pay for 21 month old sons because he is a lap child:scared1: I said that was crazy oh well.
I booked our limo to the airport and we leave out Saturday 5:45am and we leave the airport at 8:00 arriving in LA at 10:40. I also have our car reserved so we can do the tourist thing. I think we will go to DTD maybe Hollywood who knows we have a whole day to tire us out so we sleep otherwise it will be like the commercial and we'll all be staring out the window saying "I am too excited to sleep":rotfl: :yay: :woohoo: See you all real soon:wizard:
Becky
PS
I go into Seattle on Friday and pick up the saltwater taffy:p party:

Dear Friends,

The design I was talking about is not actual door magnet. My plan was to posted inside the door for family use.

Here's my first attempt to post it.
1.png

You can just copy this and print it on what ever paper you want. I used a photo paper and came out superb!!

I am also creating a REAL magnet which I will place it on the door out side.
Addition to that, I went to Home Depot and got a few disney color chips, cut out, punched a hole (I had a mickey shape puncher from DL!!) put those ribbons you use for balloons, curled them, put small magnet strip on the back, and voila! You see this on magnetic door sign thread and yes, I stole the idea again.

I love this design! I am going to print it out for our lastest family trip album.

Thanks!:cheer2:

I love this design! I am going to print it out for our lastest family trip album.

Thanks!:cheer2:

Oh, thank you!
The original design was done by a DISigner name brooklyn.
I fixed the dates and port names and added some graphics which they were also from her photobucket site. :grouphug:

As for LA, we are now in Santa Ana. We were stunned by how hot and humid it was yesterday when we were in Pasadena area at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Glad to find out that Carlsbad is not as hot. Now, off to Legoland!

Ayumi :grouphug:

PS, Three more days? I still have some very last minutes shopping to do, like a pop-up laundry hamper.

Oh, thank you!
The original design was done by a DISigner name brooklyn.
I fixed the dates and port names and added some graphics which they were also from her photobucket site. :grouphug:

As for LA, we are now in Santa Ana. We were stunned by how hot and humid it was yesterday when we were in Pasadena area at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Glad to find out that Carlsbad is not as hot. Now, off to Legoland!

Ayumi :grouphug:

PS, Three more days? I still have some very last minutes shopping to do, like a pop-up laundry hamper.

I grew up in Pasadena. I hope you enjoyed it there!

YES< it has been VERY hot and humid this week. It has actually been the worst week, weather wise, of the summer!

I told my DH that this will get us ready for the heat and humidity in Mexico.

We are all set!
This is my last posting befor Disney Vacation.

We are leaving at noon from my home.
2 days stay at DGCH.

See you soon Every body!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter