7x7 Creative memories Autograph book

JulianneP

DIS Veteran
I'm new to this and not really sure how to go about asking questions or even answering them. (I guess I'm computered challenged) But anyway... I was thinking of using a Creative Memories 7x7 album for an autograph book at Disney. Has anyone done this? Is it a pain to carry around? I was going to decorate the pages before I leave and then add a few pictures to it when I got home. Can the characters use the pen I bring so it is phote safe. (This is my first time with kids at WDW) I thought this would be a fun mini album for my kids while I finish the big family album.

Intrested in ideas?

Thanks

P.S How do I add one of those cute little countdown clocks:confused: :confused:

I haven't done it, but I have done an autograph book. I probably wouldn't. The reason being if something spilled on it, or they signed on the wrong page (if you did it character specific), or the book got fingerprints or whatever on it. That is just my fear, but I am pretty sure I would find a way to mess it up.

What I did, was to buy their book and have each character sign a different page. Then I took pictures of my girls with the character after and sometimes during the signing. When I got home I cut out all the pages with autographs, matted them and then put it in a 8 1/2 by 11 CM book with the corresponding pic.

We used the 7x7 book for autographs the last two trips and I love it. We took the Zig pens and the characters had no problem using them. We may have a few smudges on a few pages but that does not bother me....it just shows that we had fun at Disney!!!! My DS would point to the side of the page that he wanted autographed and tell the character where to sign and for the most part the characters did as he asked!!!!!!!! At least my using the CM book I know that these autographs are protected. When we got home DS helped put the pictures in and then we decorated the pages. I highly recommend the CM album!!

I have a 7x7 album I used for something else, but it really is a nice compact little size. I don't think it would be a pain to tote around.

Go to the technical boards to get instruction for the countdown. :D

I packed it with my CM round tip pens (so I could have them do different colors!) and put it into a gallon zip-lock baggie (not photo safe, I know- but only temporary!)... we carried it with us and got lots of autographs... I did not want all the characters to sign on the same side of the page- I wanted variety- so I let them choose which side to sign on and just slipped blank pages in (for the opposing page pictures) after the trip. We had lots of fun getting the autographs and the pictures and add to it every time we go.

Try it- I really think it is fun & you'll like it.

I about drove myself nuts trying to decide how to do an autograph book for our upcoming trip ... whether or not to carry the albums with us ... whether or not to pre-decorate the pages and so on.

I ended up buying 3½x5 spiral bound 100 page "sketch" books at Michael's for $2.75. I'm going to have the characters signed their autographs in the book, then when we get home I'll remove the pages, mount them on photo mounting paper and put them in 5½x7 CM albums with the character photo on the opposite side.

I know a CM 7x7 album would be better and I really like the Starzz album, but I have a couple of Razzy Reds I need to use!

I never thought about using my cm albums to create a autograph book. Thanks ! You ladies are awesome! I will have to order one for my disney cruise.

Thank you for the help. I will use a 7x7 album and bring a CM round tip pen with me. I don't care about smugdes either especially since I will add a few pictures at home and let my kids use this album for show and tell and such. I bought a 7x7 denim album awhile back and been waiting to use it. I think it will be perfect.:earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter