• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7th Annual Christmas Thread

:santa: 3 WEEKS/21 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! :santa:

And a shout out for a happy 19th birthday to my oldest son!! :cake:
Happy Birthday to your son!:bday:party: My DD will be 18 on Christmas, it's hard to believe! They grow so fast!
I'm almost done shopping, just a few more for my bil and sil for the gift exchange on my dh side. Don't have a clue what to get, but it's supposed to be under $30 each one. Anyway looking forward to family time and baking ( eating goodies ) and playing games!

Happy 19th Birthday to your son!

I can't believe the kids will be out of school in 2 weeks and one day. I need to get busy! I have so much wrapping to do.

So I ended up adding to my five year old's gifts and bought him the Skylander Starter Pack, because I have no self-control or willpower to stick to a budget and just be done when I'm done. UGH, disgusted with myself :laughing: I know he'll be so excited to see that under the tree, though!

So I ended up adding to my five year old's gifts and bought him the Skylander Starter Pack, because I have no self-control or willpower to stick to a budget and just be done when I'm done. UGH, disgusted with myself :laughing: I know he'll be so excited to see that under the tree, though!

I'm right thee with you. I have zero self control at Christmas.

Today I got a majority of my shopping finished. The only thing left to get are some gift cards and I am done. Unless I find something else while I'm in the store that strikes me as a good gift!
Now I have to do the wrapping - but that will wait for a few days.

I got quite a bit done day before yesterday...I ordered a lot from online~ I usually don't do that ,but this year it was just easier than driving all over creation to track stuff down...Should be coming in over the next few days. Bought wrapping paper and stuff today so I can wrap as it comes in!! Bully for me!! LOL!! :rotfl:

I got quite a bit done day before yesterday...I ordered a lot from online~ I usually don't do that ,but this year it was just easier than driving all over creation to track stuff down...Should be coming in over the next few days. Bought wrapping paper and stuff today so I can wrap as it comes in!! Bully for me!! LOL!! :rotfl:

I used to love going to all the stores, the Christmas music playing and everyone happy and cheerful. But now it just seems like everyone is in a rush and pushy!

I "thought" I was done but stinking Kohls had a that sale and I bought Santa gifts for me!! Got 5 tops for 50$ with the sale plus extra 20% and free shipping. Now I am done, really.

No really.
I bought the marmalade for my step father today and wrote a check out for the kid that doesn't know what he wants. Just give me money...

Now need to double check on wrapping, tags and box it all up and get it shipped out.

Honestly, when am I going to start just writing a check out or give gift cards? Seems so much easier but I like to shop for them...

Okay okay, I will buy some more food items for Christmas Day but the gifts are done!!

I'm done too. Feels good. Now I have to wrap it all. I'll probably remember someone next week that I forgot but in my mind I'm done!!!

So who wants to come wrap for me? Not only am I working WAY too many hours right now, but I am also sick. As in, came home early from work sick. I give up! LMAO.

So who wants to come wrap for me? Not only am I working WAY too many hours right now, but I am also sick. As in, came home early from work sick. I give up! LMAO.

Hope you feel better soon!!! I would wrap for you! I enjoy wrapping...

I'm officially done!

We didn't go overboard since we're going to Disney in January! I did most of my shopping online this year and got some really great deals! Their big gifts- for DS10 I bought Skylanders Trap Team and for DD7 I bought Disney Infinity. I'm excited about the Disney Infinity!!! :goodvibes I made them journals for the trip and passports for Epcot and put them in cinch sacks I ordered from the Disney Store. Christmas is so much more fun when you get to buy things for a Disney trip! They're also getting some books, a few shirts for the trip and a couple art/science kits.

My parents kept the kids for us this past weekend and we got everything wrapped. This is the earliest I've ever been done!!!

We just have our nephews and sibling-secret-santas to buy for, and I have a few presents left to finish up making for our gaming group.

Of course the FIRST thing I ordered online is the last to arrive, and it's the missing piece of a bigger gift that I can't wrap until I have everything... haha

What is everyone doing to get in the Christmas spirit?!

I've been hand embroidering presents and watching terrible Christmas rom-coms on Netflix. Next weekend we're having an EPIC Disney Holi-Day, including monorail resort decoration tour, the storytellers in the World Showcase, the new comedy thing and Osbourne Lights at DHS, then Jingle Cruise and castle-related activities in MK!

I also just found out I have to make a TRIPLE batch of buckeyes this year...

I just taped up the last box to send up North for Christmas :thumbsup2

While DH is working tomorrow I may do applesauce ornaments just to keep myself busy.

To get into the mood... listening to Christmas music, burning holiday scented candles, watching holiday shows and spending tons of time on site. Visiting the resorts, eating the holiday special foods...:happytv: :coffee: pixiedust:

Good luck to all in finishing up on time :hourglass

Getting down to the purchasing home stretch...

I found espresso k-cups, yaktrax and Versace Man cologne on Amazon for dh.

Added a stuffed tauntaun and Chewbacca for ds to collect, as well as Dr. Who character building mini figures.

Also a Philosophy shower gel and EOS lip balm for my co-worker -- Amazon has everything!

I just need an ornament for an exchange, gift card to a local eaterie for my hair stylist, and to check the stockings to make sure they are full enough.

I also need to do a Harry and David order for relatives in other states, I'm waiting until Dec. 18th for free shipping.

I can't believe I'm almost done!

Now I need to provide a list for dh of what I want...I'm having a hard time coming up with stuff. I really want the Lancôme beauty box. Other than that...open to ideas!

Maria :upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter