7DMT for PreSchooler

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
I have about 12hrs to decide if I should try for a FP for all four of us, or just DH and DS9. My DD is 5 and has really not been on rollercoasters before (except one that just went in a circle). Is it good for young kids? At first I was just going to try for DS and DH, but am now thinking it may be ok for her too. Thoughts?

I have about 12hrs to decide if I should try for a FP for all four of us, or just DH and DS9. My DD is 5 and has really not been on rollercoasters before (except one that just went in a circle). Is it good for young kids? At first I was just going to try for DS and DH, but am now thinking it may be ok for her too. Thoughts?

It's pretty much targeted at kids that age...as long as they're tall enough.

Yes! We haven't been on it yet, but I'm sure my older kids would have loved it at even 3 years old. They loved BTMRR, so they could have easily handled 7 Dwarfs. I'm not so sure about my current 5 year old though - but he has sensory issues. I did get him a FP+ too though, figuring that the worse that can happen is that he doesn't use it. The typical 5 year old would do great on this ride.

It will be fine for her. I'd grab FP+ reservations for all of you. Worst case is you change your mind and at that point it should be easy to change yours and hers to just about any other attraction in the park...unless of course you and your daughter were thinking of doing the A&E meet and greet while DH and DS did 7DMT.

It will be fine for her. I'd grab FP+ reservations for all of you. Worst case is you change your mind and at that point it should be easy to change yours and hers to just about any other attraction in the park...unless of course you and your daughter were thinking of doing the A&E meet and greet while DH and DS did 7DMT.

A&E is on my FP (wish) list too, but not the same time...or even same day. Originally I was going to get her Little Mermaid FP while DS and DH were at 7DMT. But I could switch this around and get Little Mermaid for her while DS is at Haunted Mansion. I don't think this works as well logistically but if she'd like it, then we'll just do the extra walk.

So I guess I'll try for all four of us (unless I can only grab 2 FP as I know its also a hard one to get)

It really depends on the child, but I would go ahead and schedule it. It's a very tame, short roller coaster, designed for kids and families. Yes, it's fast and has drops, but nothing extreme.

My son is 5 years old and didn't like any of the roller coasters, even Barnstormer. We were in MK for 2 days a few weeks ago and had two 7DMT FastPasses on back-to-back days. I ended up changing his and my 2nd day fast passes for something he would enjoy more (Buzz) while the rest of the family rode it again. I would say he was in the minority -most of the young kids seemed to really like it.

I would definitely ride. It was one of my 4 year old's favorites along with Splash and BTMRR. She was still too short for Space, much to her disappointment.

They will love it! BOOK IT! Its better to be safe then sorry. My preschoolers loved it!!!!

Thanks for the replies. I will try and get 4 FP then and if I can't find four then will go with original plan of just getting for DS and DH.

Definitely! The first time we went on we only took my 6 year old who ADORED it. The next time, we tried my 4 year old (she was tall enough). SHE LOVED IT! It's the perfect age for the ride!

Can anyone tell me if it has any health warnings before getting in line like some coaster/similar rides?

I have neck problems and wonder about the warnings.

This is a super smooth ride except for a small jerk before you trek up the hill. I wouldn't hesitate to let a small child ride.

My almost 5 year old hated it and refused to ride anything else "thrilling" for the duration of the trip - not even Barnstormer. All kids are different and only you know yours :)

We are just back from our most recent trip to the world and 7DMT is my 5 year old daughter's new favorite ride. She tends not to be a big fan of thrill rides and finds Splash Mountain to be about the most intense thing she will do so for her to love it puts things in perspective. I would say make it for all of you and enjoy.

Thank you for the replies.

I got 4 FP, and so will let my DD decide when we're there.

ExBellHop, am so sorry that it terrified your 5 year old so. Poor thing.

WIDisneyFan, neat to hear that your DD loved it, and that's when she doesn't like other thrill type rides. I skipped Splash FP for my DD5 (but got for DS and DH)

We are here this week. My DS3 (almost 4) rode 7DMT as his first roller coaster and he loved it! Such a smooth ride...no steep drops, but still plenty of thrill for kids (actually my DH and I liked it too!). He then decided he wanted to try BTM and he loved that one too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter