7AM EMH what time do I need to get there to be at the front at RD?

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
We're heading down Wednesday. A&E are my daughters must do.

We are willing to be in front of Magic Kingdom at 5AM if we have to in order to be at the very front of the RD crowd. I'm talking we want to be right next to the rope being walked back by the CM. We'll miss the welcome show because we'll be under the walkway on the right or left hand side.

What time do we have to get to MK in order to guarantee we're first in line for A&E? I know you can't "guarantee" it, but you know what I mean.

Also which side is best, left or right hand side?

And do we walk through the castle?

Please I need RD help for A&E. I'll do anything I have to to make sure we're one of the first people through those lines.

The good news is that the number of people willing to wake up in time for 7 am EMH is substantially reduced! If you're at the tapstile at 6:20 and willing to stand at the rope instead of seeing the show, you should be golden.
You want to be at the right hand tunnel (as you face the park), and you will go through the castle. There is no guarantee that you will be first, unless you're willing to hurt anyone that moves ahead of you.... Which would be excessive, but you will be near the front of the line and will get to meet Anna and Elsa without a long wait.

The best news is that you won't be competing with anybody with an pre-park opening ADR who are already deep into the park. Your only competition will be at the gate with you.

Best of luck!

Unless things have changed dramatically since Christmas 2013, if you are there at 6:15 you are going to be able to introduce yourself personally to everyone there.

If you really want to err on the side of caution, 6:15 should be plenty early, and any earlier than that probably won't help any. At this time of year it's still dark at 6:30, and that seems to make it that much harder for people to get going.

We will be there at 7 AM on Easter morning.

Thank you all for the replies. My plan was to get there about 6:15 and it looks like that's plenty early. We don't need to be the very first, but I want to be in the first 10-20 people so we can get out of A&E by 7:15 and have several hours to enjoy the park before the crowds roll in. You know how slow the meet and greets are, so the third group will probably be out by 7:05 but the 16th group won't be out until 7:30. I'd rather be that third group than that 16th group.

Plus it's 90 degrees while we're there which is excessively hot so we wanted to be out of the parks by 1-2PM anyway. There's no point in being in 90 minute lines in 90 degree heat. Getting up early is a non-issue because we'll just go to sleep by 7PM each night (we're a party-animal household).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter