• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7am ADR callers this week -- how's it going?

heycher

Mouseketeer
My window opens soon, just wanted to see what this mid-to late July ADR window is looking like for people who are calling at 7am on their 90 window mark?

Are you having success? What about for the hard-to-get ressies?

Thanks in advance!
Cheryl

Hi Cheryl. I called on Sunday at 7 a.m., my 90 day mark. I got everything I wanted, except breakfast at Ohana. They were booked for the week, so I was told, for a party of 5. We will be at WDW July 18-25. It sounds like we are going to be there the same time! Good luck on making your reservations. Keep us posted!

I have been calling every day for the past week. Not too bad, I only got cut off one and that was this morning. Tje only suggestion that I would have is to start calling a couple of minutes ahead and keep hitting redial. One day I called right at 7 and was on hold for 12 minutes, every day that I started before 7, I have not had to be put on hold.

Hi Cheryl. I called on Sunday at 7 a.m., my 90 day mark. I got everything I wanted, except breakfast at Ohana. They were booked for the week, so I was told, for a party of 5. We will be at WDW July 18-25. It sounds like we are going to be there the same time! Good luck on making your reservations. Keep us posted!

We have a party of 5 also. But we can split into a 2 & 3 if necessary. Is that something you had to do at all? Did you by chance get Le Cellier?

THANKS for the replies!!

We didn't have to split anything. That's good because I have a mother in a wheelchair and two children. It's kid of hard if I have to take her to the restroom. I don't want to leave one of the kids alone. I don't know if our tables would be close enough together so that DH could watch the other child. We didn't make reservations for LeCellier this year. We have been there the last three years in a row and found that the food isn't quite as good as it was the first time we were there. We are trying some new restaurants and well as some of our favorites.

I called this morning starting right before 7am and hit redial twice before it picked up. The call was answered immediately, so I wasn't even put on hold. I got everything I wanted within 5 minutes of what I wanted. I couldn't have been happier. He did have me make all 12 reservations and then gave me the confirmation numbers at the end. It definitely went faster that way, I was just worrying the whole time about the stories I have heard about the system problems. At the end of the call, he was in the middle of reading me the last confirmation number and the system kicked him out. Thankfully, he wasn't kicked out in the middle of making the reservations. Since the confirmation numbers had been assigned, all he had to do was sign back in and read me that final confirmation number. He said everything was still there. (I called back later to make sure, and all of my reservations were there). All in all, it was a quick, easy process. Apparently the system problems are still very real, but the CMs learning curves and wait times seem much improved. Here are the restaurants we got and times. Hope it helps.

7/20 Cape May Cafe-6pm
7/21 Tutto Italia-6:30pm
7/22 Crystal Palace-11:30am
50s P/t Cafe-6:30pm
7/23 Chefs de France-6:30pm
7/24 Goofys Cape May Cafe Buffet-8:35am
Wolfgang Pucks-6:30pm
7/25 Yak n Yeti-6:30pm
7/26 Coral Reef-6:25pm
7/27 Tusker House Brkfst-9:15am
Chef Mickeys-6:30pm
7/28 Captains Grille-8:30am

We got all our reservations for july! called at 12:00pm here in England (so yeh 7:00am over there!) We are a family of 7 and got everything we wanted between 5:00pm-6:15pm :)
Le Cellier!!
Boma (for dinner & a breakfast)
Sanaa
Chefs de France
Kona
Tutto Italia
O'hana
Yak & Yeti
Ragalan Road
The Wave
Tokyo Dining
Yachtmans Steakhouse

Hope you get yours also! :)

I called Sunday morning and got everything I wanted including LeCellier, Mama Melrose fantasmic and CRT.

Maggie

I called Sunday also for our July 18-23 trip. We are doing a signature week. I was on hold about 3 minutes and got everything I wanted with any time I wanted to select from. I am doing a split stay and was allowed to make ALL of my ADRs with my first phone call (didn't have to call twice). I was done in 30 minutes (had about 10 ADRs to make and one cc to list). We are a party of 2.

I called this morning at about 7:10. I had actually called before then and was on hold, but my stupid cell phone cut out! So at 7:10 I had an 8 minute wait and I'd say that was pretty accurate. I made 10 ressies and for the most part got all of the times I wanted. LeCellier I got a 4:55 instead of a 6:00-7:00, but that's not too bad.

Good luck!!!

I called this morning at 7AM for my stay 7/20-7/27. I had a minor hitch with my res. number that was Southwests fault. She also had a sytem problem right before I got started but it was OK. I got everything we wanted with mostly good times including Le Cellier, CG during Wishes Rose and Crown during Illuminations and the Sanaa at AKL. Also a nice time for Chef Mickey's. I am happy.

I'm so happy to hear people are getting the ADRs they want. I hope it goes as well for us during FD!

I am so happy too, to read about the july success stories! We go July 29-Aug 5... so have another 8 days before i can call. Just hope the trend continues!

Would love to hear continued experiences, maybe from today?

Have a great day all!

momom and heycher.....where are you staying in July/Aug.? I am going July 24/-Aug 7 and staying at POP!

I called in again this moring, 9 a.m. to change a reservation and got right in. I'm past my 90 mark. Got my reservation too.

FYI - I was speaking with my AAA agent and she said that Disney is very close to doing ADRs online. I asked her if they'll be online by July since that is when I make my ressies and she sounded pretty sure that they would be. I'd take that with a grain of salt though.

I'm so happy for all of you! I'll be calling on Saturday from the road, as we have to travel out of town to meet with our wedding caterer that day...so I will be taking our list as well as our list of back ups!

It's good that you're all getting dinner times easily, too, as that is the only time we make ADRs for... neither of us eats breakfast :woohoo:

FYI - I was speaking with my AAA agent and she said that Disney is very close to doing ADRs online. I asked her if they'll be online by July since that is when I make my ressies and she sounded pretty sure that they would be. I'd take that with a grain of salt though.

According to a TA I know, there was already a scheduled date for that to come up but it got pushed back indefinately, presumably because of system problems. I'm not sure I want to see online ressies, personally, unless they make it a perk of staying on site and require a reservation number to acccess the site. Otherwise it seems like it is just begging for more double bookings and such. So I kind of hope they don't bring it up before June 27, when I make my ADRs. I expect free dining ADRs will be hard enough to get without eliminating the hassle of a phone call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter