70's section at Pop Century

nluvwithmickey

DIS Veteran
Last time we went at WDW we stayed at Pop and were in the 50's building. We loved it because it was pretty close to everything.

However I thought the 70's section was just as nice. What building can I request that would be just as close as the tramp building was to the food court?

Going with the kids this time and they will LOVE the Pop, no doubt.

Thanks!

We were in building 6 our first time there, just behind the giant Mickey phone and it was pretty close. Pop is so cool. We had a big family group stay there last September, 14 of us and everyone loved it. That trip we were in building 10, and there was a playground nearby. Also not far from the food court, at least the rooms we were in weren't.

Lori

MGM%20008%20copy.jpg

PC1104-24.jpg

These two photo's are of the 70's building. I'm pretty sure you can request where you want to go..

We also stayed in building 6, room 6140. I can see the room in Azur's picture under the "10-4 good buddy". This was a great room Very quiet and we could see the lake. Short walk to bus when we cut through the big wheel building.

The 1970's section of Pop is made up of buildings 6 and 10. Both buildings are pretty much equally close to the food court. I personally would recommend building 10.

We are going in May for our first family trip ds's 4 and 6, I can't wait to tell them we are going. I asked for a room in the 70's I hope we get it. I wanted to be near the water play ground and near food court and buses. We don't get in to MCO until 4 PM so I hope we can still get our request. Any one know how long it will take us from the time we land to get to Pop? We are taking the ME. Nancy

Hi
Tiggerfamily, we stayed at Pop last year and took ME and we were at Pop an
hour after we landed at MCO. It was very easy and convenient and we are doing it again this year. Hope it goes as well this year and it did before. We stayed in the 70's building with the big wheel and it was close to the buses and food court, also the goofy water jets for the kids. I requested that building again for this year. Stayed in the 50's before, which was also a good location, but I think the 70's seemed a little closer to the front and food court. Have a great trip!!!

I have been to disney every other year since I got married but never stayed on site. We are going in Dec. and this time we are staying at Pop....I have no idea what to request for a room. I will be with my husband and my kids 8 and 13??

we stayed in #10 i guess since the big wheels car was there... never realized the stairwells were supposed to be 8 tracks :rolleyes:

but the buiding was really a great locatrion,, we just cut across the parking lot for the buses ( less than 5 min walk) but were close enough to everything pop, the pool etc but didn't get the noise from them

I think from all I have read #10 is the fav. I am so looking forward to being on site...Its like I have never been :cool1:

Thanks for posting the pictures! I requested 70s or 50s, 4th floor for our stay. I hope we get it. :goodvibes

Is the 4th floor a popular request? I imagine that could swing either way. A lot of people with strollers might not want to depend on waiting for the elevator a lot, and other people don't like the stairs. I like the top floor because that means we don't hear bouncing kids over us at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter