• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

$70 per night at Wyndam Resort & Spa

unfreshdiva1

DIS Veteran
Just got rate of $70 per night (4/13-4/20) at the Wyndam Resort & Spa. Is this a good rate/hotel? I entered bid as a lark for resort hotel not thinking I would get anything for $70.

I will be there from 4/15-4/18. I got my room for $62 on priceline (I did not think I would get anything for that rate, but I thought I would give it a try).
I am a bit nervous about the hotel, the majority of the reviews have not been so good (the bathrooms are moldy, the rooms are dated, stains on carpet), I am hoping that everything will be OK.
On the other hand, everyone seems to love the pool (there is no slide, but that is fine for me, DH, and DS 16 months). I guess they serve fruit at the pool and have reading materials.
We are planning to spend more time in the pool than in the room, so I am trying to not stress and hoping for the best!!

I found this site that shows a lot of photos and everything looks really nice! On Expedia the rooms are $135.00 (Sunday and Monday) and $105.00 the rest of the week, so it looks like we both got a good deal!

Sorry! The link will not work. Look up the hotel on Expedia and you can see the photos.

I stayed there last May. It wasn't too bad, I wish I knew about Priceline back then. We paid $139/night but had a buffet breakfast included. Our room wasn't too bad, we didn't have any of the problems with the mould or bad carpets. A couple of things we weren't too happy about ... the room really was not soundproof, we like to sleep in and could hear people in the next room with kids and kids running up and down the hallway. The electronic lock on our door was broken when we first arrived but it was fixed within 15 minutes. The staff was okay ... not Disney friendly though, I thought they were curt (and it wasn't very busy when we went)

Overall, it's an okay hotel, I would stay there again if the price was right ... hope that helps!

If this is the one in Downtown Disney I have stayed there on PL several times. My rooms and bathrooms were always clean and you have great views from the towers. Very nice pool area also. I did not use their transportation so I can't comment on that.

We stayed there in '98 before I found the DIS. It was a very nice hotel. No complaints at all on the room. Loved the pool area. The bus transportation was fine, too. That's a good price you're paying, too.:D

It was great being so close to Downtown Disney, it was right across the street!!:bounce:

Our family stayed at the Wyndham Palace two weeks ago (3/27 - 3/30/03) on a PL rate of $69.

We asked for an upgrade to a suite and the guy started out saying he could do it for $100/night. We got him down to $40/night and took it. Yeah, we might have paid more than others have, but $109/night for a suite isn't bad.

The suite had a separate bedroom, two TV's, a fridge, and a microwave (not sure what the regular rooms have) and two balconies. It was not in the tower, but in a five-story building on the other side of the pool (closer to DTD and no long elevator waits).

The room was clean and the staff were nice. We had some minor problems in the room (safe didn't work, loose hardware, etc) which made me think that I would have been disappointed if I had to pay $300/night. For $109/night it was fine.

It was right across the street from DTD (an easy walk). The busses provided by the hotel were fine. They stopped at other hotels, but the Wyndham was the first stop both ways. The trip each way was 30-minutes at most.

Hope that helps.

I called last night to see if upgrade to a suite was possible. It was for $80 a night! Didn't seem worth it, but for $40 it may be. I ask again when I check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter