7 year old gets Sergeant Major rank - coolest Make-a-Wish ever

;)

Darn those allergies.

That was so nice. :)

Great story. The US Army really pulled out the red carpet for this kid. Make A Wish is a wonderful organiztion!

I love the drop and give me twenty and the officers DID
that is going to be a great memory for the kid and the soldiers

now where are those klenex (sniff sniff)

Bad allergies in NJ too!

(Watery eyes, runny nose and manly sniffling)

Way to go AR!

Phillip Shriver is quite the soldier!

-Tony

This is a great story. :D

(pooh67_68 here my computer is on the fritz :( so I am using my husbands).

Yes, indeed it is allergy season here in CT also. Would like to add that a few weekends ago hubby and I participated in a campout to help raise funds for Make a Wish and even tho hurricane Ivan caused very heavy rain, by the end of the weekend $20,000 was donated to the foundation. That will help 3 or 4 children have a wish.

Awww man.. Down south the allergies are getting bad too!

What a great story. God bless Philip and the Army for making is dream a reality.

What a great story. :) I cried a little. I love the Make a Wish foundation. They are probably my favorite charity.

The allergies reached down into Virginia too.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story.

WOW! Thanks for the story!

(and the allergies)

sniff

Wow, my first case of allergies from Wisconsin! What an amazing story, Make a WISH foundation is truly amazing. I started crying with the bear guardian angel... and the drop and give me 20 is hysterical! What a precious boy, and what a treat for the soldiers.

My allergies are kicking up too......
what a wonderful story

...."drop and give me 20!"..... :D

Never thought i would get such bad allergies! Loved the "drop and give me 20" and wonder when the last time they had to do that was?

Linda!:hyper:

Was your husband at Hemlock Hill?

I'm a volunteer with the CT chapter of MAW. I always get excited when I "meet" someone else who's involved too!

Gotta love MAW...I'd encourage anyone and everyone to sign up as a volunteer. They need people for everything, but they're never pushy or anything about it. It's terrific to be involved in something so special, and the people I work with are beyond grateful for every minute a volunteer shares.

Of course, when you hear about Wishes like this one, it makes everything seem so worthwhile!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter