7 Night Western what to do at Grand Cayman?

rc_cola

Earning My Ears
My family and I are going on the Feb 20 sailing to the Western Car. and we have excursions figured out everywhere but Grand Cayman. We don't mind booking outside of Disney. It is myself, my wife, and our 2 yr old boy. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

My family and I are going on the Feb 20 sailing to the Western Car. and we have excursions figured out everywhere but Grand Cayman. We don't mind booking outside of Disney. It is myself, my wife, and our 2 yr old boy. any suggestions would be helpful. thanks

We did Boatswain - but our kids are 12 and 5. There is also a tour that stops there. Both kids loves to pet the turtles. My oldst got to be pretty adept at scooping them out of the tanks as well!

We did the dolphin excursion and absolutely LOVED it. We did the "push and pull" where you are actually riding the dolphin. It was one of the highlights of our trip. However, otherwise we didn't like the port at all. Next time we will stay on the ship at this port.

Captain Marvin's offers island tours which include the turtle farm (on your own, turtle farm admission is $30, we paid $30 for tour). The tour will drop you off at the beach or the tender area--your choice. They also offer snorkeling tours which are great fun.

Boatswain's (google them) has an assortment of packages available. They are where the turtle farm is, but there are many other activities available. Easy on your own.

If you just want a beach day, all beaches are free at Grand Cayman. There are brown signs indicating public walkways to get to the beaches. THere is a public shuttle or cab transportation available to the main beaches (7 Mile Beach and Sea Grape Beach).

Your real issue is the 2 year old....there's not much that will thrill him all day long.

We were there in early November and did a private charter, Eco Outrage (I think) with Captain John Michael. We did the full day, but he has a half day as well. He will do a trip that works for your family. We did Stingray City, Starfish Beach, a tour of the mangroves and some time at a beach club for lunch.

We went this paswt May with 3 kiddos in tow, 9, 6 and almost 2. We simply took a taxi to the beach at Royal Palms...the 1st stop off the taxi/shuttle bus. It was really neat to swim/relax and snorkle there. Plus there was shady spots so our little guy even napped on a blanket in the shade. Ther'e also a bath house and bathrrom there on the beach.

We did the semi submarine and then walked around and shopped. It was beautiful! I was concerned about the ship not docking but tendering instead. That was GREAT! I have gorgous pictures of us pulling away from The Magic!

Been a few times:-

I like Hell; Turtle farm; Stingray City,

Beach 7 mile beach on your own.

Or

Rum point trip, a rustic caribbean beach

with a 2 year old I would Atlantis Submarine - if he is into fish he will love this one - or the beach.

We did the semi submarine and then walked around and shopped. It was beautiful! I was concerned about the ship not docking but tendering instead. That was GREAT! I have gorgous pictures of us pulling away from The Magic!

The semi submarine was cool and is right next to where you come in at. The price were not bad at all for the price. The one thing to watch out for in Grand Cayman is some of the resturant are in Cayman money so don't be surprise when the bill comes and you are paying twenty dollars for a cheeseburger.

My husband and I took our 2 year old to 7 Mile Beach; the cab was $4 pp to the beach, then $3 pp coming back! Very quick and easy; we got to rent a banana boat and those giant water tricyle looking things; also got some conch fritters. It was a great beach overall, and low key. We also had time to do some souvenir shopping afterwards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter