• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 Night Mexican Riviera Cruise Navigators or tips?

We are traveling with a 2 year old in July.... who has had some "terrible two" moments lately. How did it go with your little ones? What were their favorite activities. Did you use Flounders, and how did the dinners go. Thanks so much! :)

Well, I am proud to say that except for our night at Palo, when we gave the kids dinner on Deck 9 before our reservations, we ate every night in the dining rooms, which I didn't think we would actually accomplish! :) Advice: bring lots of stuff to keep the kiddies entertained. The server hands out crayons and a coloring sheet, but as you know, that only goes so far in terms of entertainment value, and the quickest meal we had was at least an hour and 15 minutes (and we did skip dessert at least once), and most went about 90 minutes. We brought a portable DVD player for our younger ones and used that two or three nights, which was great, and various other toys to amuse them. Having them nibble on bread worked out well (my carb-loving kids!). The servers did bring out the kids' food with the adult appetizers, which meant that they didn't have to wait very long to start eating, but that also meant that they were done with dinner around the time the adult entrees arrived, so there was still a lot of time to kill. We had some "terrible two" moments as well, and each of our twins had to be removed from the table for a time-out at least once on the trip, but all in all, it went better than I had expected.

We used Flounder's a few times. My daughter is in a separation anxiety stage, so she cried a lot at drop off times, but calmed down eventually. They had more toys for toddlers than I had anticipated (Little People house, one of those Playskool talking grills, car sets, a small slide, etc.) so there were age-appropriate toys, and they keep the staff/kids ratio low, so it never felt crowded.

What my twins enjoyed the most doing was being up on Deck 9 or 10, running around, feeling the wind, and watching the ocean. Sounds simple, I know, but that was by far the best entertainment value. In fact, being near any window was entertainment for them. They never got into the splash area in the Mickey pool, so we didn't use that much for them. Also, DD2 loved the characters, and there are many of them on board, so that was great entertainment (DS2 couldn't have cared less about them - go figure!).

Best advice, though: there are SO MANY kids on the boat, that anything, and I mean anything, that your child does will not be an anomaly. The dining rooms are noisy, there are kids running around everywhere, so no matter what, your child will just blend right in - no worries about standing out with a misbehaving child! :) Good luck, and I hope this all helps!

No navigators yet? What about Dining Rotations? What did they end up being? I'd heard a few months back about the changes, but wanted confirmation of what it was going to be on Mexican Riviera.

Did anyone do Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan? What about just booking a water taxi on your own in Cabo to Land's End, the arches, sea lion island, and drop off at Medano Beach? Anyone do that? Current cost? What part of the beach do you recommend?

Did anyone do Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan? What about just booking a water taxi on your own in Cabo to Land's End, the arches, sea lion island, and drop off at Medano Beach? Anyone do that? Current cost? What part of the beach do you recommend?

We took a water taxi on our own to Medano beach. Cost was $3 pp and kids 2 for 1 ($21 total for 4 kids and 5 adults)They dropped us of in front of a restaurant just a bit north of the Los Cabos Blanco hotel. The restaurant had white lounge chairs and umbrellas and we stayed there all day. We did buy lots of drinks and had a terrific lunch there too. You can also pay a day fee at most of the hotels to use their beach chairs. We did a banana boat ride for $10 pp which was fun, took us around the bay, to the arch and around the cruise ships. It was a great day.

Our dining rotation was APPLAPL, second seating at 8:15.

So, sounds like the rotation is what I wrote down from the carib changes months ago?

1st seating 5:30 & 8:00 LAAPLAP
2nd seating 5:45 & 8:15 APPLAPL
3rd seating 6:00 & 8:30 PLLAPLA...I've put in a request for the 6:00 seating so as to have 30 more minutes doing whatever...crossing my fingers. My kids are 6 and 8...we have early seating..where would they normally put kids of this age?

Since the first trip of the 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise is due back on Sunday, I figured I would ask to see if any of those passengers have the Navigators? We are on the 3rd Mexican Riviera Cruise (6/8 leaving in a week) and I am dying to see the Navigators. Does anyone have any? Also any tips or advice? :thanks:

Is this what you would like? Hope this helps...if you want all of them just ask!
Scan10002-Copy.jpg

Thanks for post the navigator. What thread did you post the rest of them to? Thanks again!:worship:

So, sounds like the rotation is what I wrote down from the carib changes months ago?

3rd seating 6:00 & 8:30 PLLAPLA...I've put in a request for the 6:00 seating so as to have 30 more minutes doing whatever...crossing my fingers. My kids are 6 and 8...we have early seating..where would they normally put kids of this age?

My rotation was 5:45 APPLAPL and I have a 6 and 8 year old.

Tracey

We were also 5:45 APPLAPL; our kids are 5 and 2 year old twins. We had requested 5:30 but didn't get it, but in the end it didn't matter for us.

We were 6:00pm PLLAPLA which was perfect. It put us in Parrat Cay for pirate night, and Lumiere's for both formal and semi formal nights. Perfect! Also, we had been waitlisted for early seating. I checked the website before we left home and we were still late seating. When we checked in at the terminal, voila, early seating! Yay for us.

We were 6:00pm PLLAPLA which was perfect. It put us in Parrat Cay for pirate night, and Lumiere's for both formal and semi formal nights. Perfect! Also, we had been waitlisted for early seating. I checked the website before we left home and we were still late seating. When we checked in at the terminal, voila, early seating! Yay for us.

Wow, I was in the exact dining rotation as you! We were at table 15. I, too was pleased that our wardrobe coordinated with the restaurants in our rotation. I didn't want to leave breakfast in AP on Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter