• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 night med-help decide b/t June or August

eyenerd

Mouseketeer
I am deciding between the June 7th sailing or the mid August one.

I originally wanted to do june since i hear that all of Europe vacations in August.

However, dd will probably miss the last 1-1.5 weeks of kindergarten if we do this. We live in PA, and it doesn't seem like anything that important is going on at this time and a teacher friend told me we can write it up as an educational learning experience. So i am not really worried about school (they only go 2.5 hrs a day)

However, it would make it easier if i didn't have to deal with it.

Will flight prices be much different b/t june and august? Any pros/cons of one over the other? thanks for your input!!!

We did a Med cruise in August and I will never do it again. It was crazy hot. Also, there seems to be twice as many cruises, so you may have 4-5 other boats that dock with you. We did one in May and it was fantastic! Beautiful weather and not to crowded....just my two cents.

Hope you have an amazing time!

July and August are more crowded and more HOT. It's true Europeans are on summer holiday starting in July.

Flights will probably not be too much different (those raise in June).

We went in July 2011 and plan to go in June this summer. I hope the crowds are lower and that heat! My kids will not miss school though, we get out end of May. But IMO, missing Kindergarten isn't a big deal.

We did one in the end of may, and we really enjoyed it. I would even be tempted to do the one that is the 31st, but i figured that may get a little more complicated with school (i hate to take her out for 2 weeks, and then send her for 1 and then she is out for the summer). I feel like then she might miss something.

I know on the schedule for this year, that week is exam week. I don't think she even has exams in KG. Or she can take them beforehand.

Thanks for your input!!! It makes pulling the trigger on june a little easier:)

I agree with PP's. The late summer is very hot and the June cruises are usually lower in price (as well as airfare). We are going on the Med June 8 of this year and found it easier to get a hotel, etc.

We did a late August one a few years back and loved it. Flight prices were reasonable and there were plenty of upgrades available at the port. We have another one booked at the end of August this year. HTH.

flight prices are so high that I don't think there will be difference between June and August. Both months will be really HOT with many cruise ships in the Med.

I would do June. Its blazing hot in August. Also, you have a better chance of cheaper airfare in June. We did the med in mid June, 2007. We had a couple of really hot days, but for the most part, the weather was very nice.

Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter