7 night Fantasy vs 4 night Dream/3 night WDW

cohenlanda

Earning My Ears
Would you recommend 7 nights on Fantasy or 4 nights on Dream and 3 nights at WDW? We have 2 children, 7 and 2 at time of sailing. We have been to WDW twice (last was this past December) and cruised on Wonder in 2010. I want to do the Fantasy, so we can go to new ports and enjoy the ship longer. DH wants to do the Dream/WDW. He thinks we will not want to be on the ship that long, and he doesn't really get the difference in ports (not a traveler before we got married). Thank you for your input!!

I think that with 2 young children you might prefer the longer cruise. Longer cruises have a different feel than shorter ones and there are other ports that are way better than Nassau. You do not get board on the ship because they offer more activities.

With split trips you lose more travel time. It can take the better part of the day getting settled on the ship. Also with young children they can get very cranky if they get to destination 2 and they want to be back at destination 1. On our first Disney cruise many years ago they still had the land and sea packages. At the sail-away party there were many kids that wanted to be back at Disney. We had this issue last year when we went to Universal and then grandpas. It was embarrassing when my son kept saying that he wanted to go back to Universal.

This year we ended with a Disney cruise and all he can talk about is going again for a longer time.

An advantage of the 7 night over a 4 night is that you don't feel like you have to cram everything you want to do on the ship into a couple of days. It's more relaxed.

no contest, 7 days on the Fantasy!!
Especially since the kids have already done WDW recently.

I am exhausted just thinking about running around the parks for 3 days trying to get it all in, then running around the ship for 4 trying to get it all in, especially with a 2 year old, packing, unpacking, AHH!! LOL

We just got off a 7-night Fantasy, and still didn't do it all!! If he's worried about being on the ship, maybe pick a western where there's an extra port day.
BUT we liked the eastern a bit better with an extra sea day to enjoy the ship itself.

I also suggest the 7 night. As my husband says, the 3 night cruise is like a sprint trying to do as much as possible in a short period of time. The 7 is much more relaxing.

Thank you so much! I was mostly concerned about my 2yo (bday will be on the ship!!). I would rather wait and go back to WDW again when he's a little older.

What type of activities are different on the Fantasy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter