7 night Fantasy AND Disney World?

janatmovies

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done a 7-night cruise and go to Disney parks before or after? Did you find it too long?

We will be doing that in June. We did the Dream 5 day and the parks for a week and definitely did not feel it we too long.

Has anyone done a 7-night cruise and go to Disney parks before or after? Did you find it too long?
Me;)
two days at Universal(hard rock hotel) before cruise and 6 days at WDW(animal kingdom lodge) after cruise:hippie:
never is too long....:cheer2:popcorn::

We like to spend a couple of days at the parks before and after the cruise. Since we arrive early (just in case of a plane delay so we won't "miss the boat") it's fun to wear ourselves out at WDW then relax on the cruise.

After the cruise, the parks help ease us out of our cruise withdrawal.

We've also done a cruise and WDW, but it was only a 3 night cruise. It was not long enough! ;)
But in October, we will be doing a 7 night cruise, then 7 nights at WDW, so we'll see how that goes! I highly doubt it will feel too long. :rotfl:

We're also doing the same in October. A week at WDW, followed by 7 nights on the Fantasy EC. I was wondering the same in the beginning, but I agree that we're looking forward to relaxing once we get on the ship, after a whirlwind week at the parks! It can't come soon enough...:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

Thank you guys so much. In April, we spent 2 days at WDW and then a 4 night cruise, I felt pretty good when I got off the ship...but I was craving to get back to the parks..
While on board we booked a 7-night Fantasy for Sept, with one day at the world before the cruise and 2 days after. DH LOVES cruising as for me I prefer the parks, but as this is going to be our last cruise for a long while, I will sacrifice for him! (oh what a sacrafice!! :rotfl:)
I was just thinking about the vacation as a whole and how it may be too long, but I am super excited about having the parks both before and after. I think we'll do fine!

We did 6 nights at WDW and a 7 night in January. We only did 4 park days and it was perfect.

We're also doing the same in October. A week at WDW, followed by 7 nights on the Fantasy EC. I was wondering the same in the beginning, but I agree that we're looking forward to relaxing once we get on the ship, after a whirlwind week at the parks! It can't come soon enough...:banana::banana::cool1::cool1:

This sounds amazing and is going to be our plan when we do a cruise also! I couldn't bear the thought of going on a cruise, being so close to WDW and NOT going! :thumbsup2

We are doing 2 park days before our 7 night. I wish we could do a couple more WDW days after. :(

We just got back home last night after 7 on the Fantasy and then 1 day of downtown Disney and 1 day at the Magic Kingdom. I think my wife is still paying the price for riding the teacups. Our bodies still felt like we were rocking on the ship the day after and that ride made it worse for her. Luckily for me, I don't handle spinning well, so I went to get fast passes for Splash Mountain when they rode it.

We drive 12 hours to go on the cruise so we spend at least one day at WDW beforehand. We did go afterwards once, but never again. We were too worn out and down from getting off the ship to enjoy it as much.

We are doing 2 days at Universal before our 7 night Fantasy cruise & then 1 night at the Disney Swan/Dolphin to relax post cruise. Can't wait!

We did a 7 day DCL Magic in October 2010 with two days at WDW prior to the cruise. We were able to do Downtown Disney and one park and felt it was just enough right before our cruise.

We have a 7 day DCL Fantasy this August and are doing the exact same thing this time, with two days prior at WDW.

Last summer we did 5 nights on the Dream then 3 nights at the Beach Club at WDW. This year we are doing a 7 night on the Fantasy then 2 nights at the Contemporary. We were at WDW in January and April so I think this time we'll ease our way out of cruise withdrawal and hang at the waterparks for 2 days.

Last October we did 6 nights in DL before our Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder. We loved the vacation length but hated having to go right to the airport and go home after the cruise. We had a long wait for flights and felt we lost all the relaxation of the vacation.

This year we are flying in 1 night before our cruise, staying in PC the night before 7 nights on the Fantasy and then 8 nights in the WDW area, 5 WDW park days a day at Universal and a reax day... but the relax day may turn into wandering F&W or DTD.

I did 6 days in Orlando (3 straight days in the park after a full day of EARLY traveling) and 7 day cruise.
My friend and I LOVED the length and hope to do a full week in Orlando along with 7 day cruise for our next trip. We were considering making 2 different trips- one for orlando and one for the cruise to have 2 vacations, but we love the one, long vacation too much :)
It was exhausting, but I don't regret any of it. Besides, cruising after is relaxing :)

Is there a such thing as a "too long" vacation? :rotfl2:

We originally planned to go on our 7 day on the Fantasy and just one day in MK to see the new Fantasyland....then on New Years Eve my husband looked at me and batted his eyes (I'm only slightly exaggerating here) and said "Well if we're going for a day, we might as well extend it a bit....you know a day won't be enough"...

So now we are doing 7 nights in a 2 bdrm at OKW and a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy, followed by one last night in WDW in a 2 bdrm at BWV (we're taking my nieces on the whole trip....it's kind of a grad present).

We have combined a week at WDW with all three of our week long cruises (2 on the Magic, one on the Fantasy). We never found it to be too long at all, in fact it's those vacations that we were truly able to relax.

The first cruise we did a week at WDW followed by the cruise and we were SO sad getting off of the ship and not ready to come home at all!! The second time we did the week at WDW prior to the cruise again, but added a couple of days back at WDW after the cruise and that helped getting off of the ship! This past trip we did the cruise first, then WDW and we decided that this is how we really prefer it. It gives us something fun to look forward to so that we aren't so sad to leave the ship.

We did 3 days at the park right before our April Fantasy cruise. Though it was nice that it was not busy at all at the parks, we tried to cram too much into 3 days and it was way to overwhelming for the kids. If I could do it again, I would stick with maybe 1 or 2 parks in that time frame and use it as an excuse to have to come back!!! :)

We did enjoy the relaxing on the cruise but still the kids were very tired. If you ask them what they all liked the best 10, 8 and 4 they will all say the ship. They hardly talk about the parks..kinda funny since I spent a fortune to eat with Cinderella!!! lol....

I think each trip should be "separate" but that is what works for my family, it is whatever works for yours that will help with your decision.

I enjoy the parks, but man, I really really really enjoy the ship!!! We are booked for spring of 2014 but I am trying to work my budget for fall of 2013...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter