7 Month window question?

Mr. Baloo

Mouseketeer
We are again considering the purchase of DVC... however, we really are not sure what resort we want??? will probably by resale due to the great prices.. so, here is the question.

What are the availabilities at the 7 month window? Can you normally get the resort you want then? or is it really a crap shoot.??

We are looking strongly at bay lake due to the fact that it expires 18 years later than the other resorts.... but will still want to stay at BCV because of the location.

Thanks in advance....

We are again considering the purchase of DVC... however, we really are not sure what resort we want??? will probably by resale due to the great prices.. so, here is the question.

What are the availabilities at the 7 month window? Can you normally get the resort you want then? or is it really a crap shoot.??

We are looking strongly at bay lake due to the fact that it expires 18 years later than the other resorts.... but will still want to stay at BCV because of the location.

Thanks in advance....

Buy BCV if that is where you want to stay the most. It is hard to get at 7 months out. I tried for mid-October (for F&W Festival) exactly at 7 months and couldn't get it. And I was trying to get a one bedroom which tends to be easier than studios and two bedrooms. It is only going to get worse. Especially because BCV is a small resort.

Thanks in advance....

The popular opinion is to book where you want to stay. Beach Club is a very small resort and historically there is little to no availability at the 7 month window. The 11 month window is a HUGE deal. If you are set at staying at BCV, I would buy there.

Each resort has its difficulties at the seven-month window.

BCV can be downright impossible to get for non-owners during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival in the fall and also during the summer because of the allure of Stormalong Bay. It's also a pretty tiny resort so there are fewer villas to go around.

Standard view and MK view at Bay Lake Tower can be pretty difficult to get at seven months no matter what time of year it is. There are usually plenty of Lake view villas to be had though.

It depends upon the resort and the time of year.

if you have your heart set on staying a particular property, buy that property as your home resort.

if you are flexible on where you stay, then it doesn't matter. You can usually find something at 7 months if you're not particular about where you stay.

that said, Saratoga Springs is considered to be the best value points out there. They expire in 2057, dues are below $5pp, and are selling on the resale market for $50-$55pp. You could save some cash vs. paying for bay lake.

I agree with Deb and if you have read any of my posts, I always say "buy where you love to stay".

Competition at 7 months will only increase as additional members are added. There are only so many preferred resort rooms to go around.

You need to decide you yourself, are you willing to buy a contract and be happy with your home resort or do you need to buy several home resorts to guarantee your happiness?

That's why we have 5 different home resorts. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter