7 month window at Thanksgiving???

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone in the past gotten a 2BR for the week of thanksgiving 7 months out? Does the waitlist ever work for this week? Do you think a lot of people will try for the BC? I was thinking of trying for the early part of the week using points and then moving to AKL for the busy end of the week paying cash.

Originally posted by TerriBelle
Do you think a lot of people will try for the BC? I was thinking of trying for the early part of the week using points and then moving to AKL for the busy end of the week paying cash.

I can't answer your question in re: to 7 mos. out, but we have reserved a 2 BR at BCV for Thanksgiving week... good luck!

I would like to know too. We are closing on a resale this week and I would like to get ressies for Thanksgiving week. How hard is it? We should have our membership number a little before the 7 month window. Thanks.

We closed on our resale after the 11 month window passed for Thanksgiving. We called about 10 months in advance of our dates. We want to stay at VWL starting the day after Thanksgiving until Dec 7. We got a studio at VWL for Nov 29, 30, and Dec 1. However, we are waitlisted for Dec 2 - 7.

What does that mean? It looks like it is easier to get rooms during Thanksgiving week than it is the first week of December. Points required go down on Dec 1 so this seems to be a very popular time to go. The points required to stay the Wed - Fri of Thanksgiving week are very high (32 points for a studio for that Fri :(). You may have a chance at 7 months.

Good luck and I hope you get what you want.

Thanks for the response. I was hoping Thanksgiving week would be easier than the first of Dec. We are trying for OKW which should be easier to reserve. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We are planning to stay somewhere else that Fri after Thanksgiving when the points go so high.

We are on the 2 bed (dedicated) waitlist for thanksgiving and first week of dec. too.We have been on the list since 1 week past the 11 mnth window for our home resort VWL.This has been a little discouraging for us as its our first time going home,and as we called one week past the 11 mnth window!

VWL has the least amount of rooms and it is the best decorated for Christmas of all the DVC resorts (and WDW resorts). I got my reservations for the VWL studio by calling each day alot of trouble yes - but when you want to go at a very popular time it is the only choice. Very popular time for DVC members not the public (1st 2 weeks of December).

are you on the wait list for the entire time - or is a day by day wait list?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter