7 month switch

granolacruncher11

Mouseketeer
Has anyone in the last couple of days tried to switch to AKV Jambo for the first 2 weeks in December? If so did you have any luck and with what room size/view?

TIA

Has anyone in the last couple of days tried to switch to AKV Jambo for the first 2 weeks in December? If so did you have any luck and with what room size/view?

TIA

I have AKV Jambo booked for Sept. and it took several calls to get it.

I have OKW booked for Dec 5-10. I booked it a couple months ago (it is my home resort) and I couldn't even get anything in the Hospitality House area then. It was already filled up. So, if OKW was already filling up for those dates, I think AKV is gonna be tough.
I wanted to call this week when my window opens to switch to BWV for those December dates, but I'm not holding my breath for anything to be available.

I've never gone in December before. I thought that early Dec. was supposed to be really slow. But I'm not seeing that!!

Good luck to getting something. Keep calling back if you can't get what you want. I think things get canceled and switched around all the time.

I'm coming up on my 7 month date this week and am going to try to switch to another resort. I'm currently booked at Kidani. I'm sure there will be some movement and you may get lucky. Early December is very busy for DVC resorts because it's the lowest points of the year.

So will you try calling everyday or will you waitlist? I need to switch two rooms and waitlisting sort of scares me, especially for the first 2 weeks of Dec..

I have 11/17- 12/3 booked and have had GREAT luck. Was able to get 2 savannah view Studios and a Value Studio. Also had a standard at 1 point but switched to the Value (after a 2 day waitlist). I couldn't believe how much availability was there.

I've never gone in December before. I thought that early Dec. was supposed to be really slow. But I'm not seeing that!!

slow in the parks does not equal slow for DVC. early dec is one of the busiest times to try to book DVC.

I have been trying to book for the first week in December (12/1-12/12) and there are no two bedrooms available anywhere except SSR and OKW.

I think BCV had one night open, BWV may have had a couple sporadic nights...same with AKL, nothing at BLT or VWL. Crazy!

Last year we got a 5 night VWL studio for early December via the waitlist. My feeling is there's lots of folks who book at 11 months, then their plans change and they cancel. My suggestion is waitlist what you want and see what happens.

this thread reminded me to go online and see if my waitlist had come through for the first week in dec for a value studio at AKV...and it had.

so what do i know? :)

a few years ago, i waitlisted for a value studio day-by-day and a few nights came through after 4 months and the rest never came through. but you never know until you try... (i did call the morning the 7 month window opened to get on the waitlist).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter