7 Mile Beach excursion in Grand Cayman

jcandtjsmom

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if you had to pay for the excursion to 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman or can we just go there on our own? What does the excursion include? Also, how do we get there and how far from the ship is it?

You can do either/or. DCL does offer a beach break, but it is a little bit more money then getting off the ship and finding someone (cab driver) to take you to a good beach.

I have done both on my two cruises to the Grand Cayman. On my first cruise on RCI, we bought the beach break excursion. It was at our leisure and included a beach chair and a drink. We were restricted to a specific beach and hotel.

On our 2nd cruise (DCL) we chose to go at it alone. When we got off the ship we found a guy holding up a sign and asking, "who wants to go to the beach?" We went to him, he told us the price..which I can't remember but it was cheaper than the excursion. We had our choice of going to the Courtyard Marriott Beach or the Beach Club Colony. I told him that I was at the Beach Club before so lets try the Courtyard.

It was a nice beach. He told us highlights of the island and showed us hurricane damage as he drove us to the beach, then came back for us at a negotiated time.

If you have any other questions, I would be more than happy to answer them.

Thank you for the reply! The excursion costs $36 per adult and $26 per child. I thought that was very expensive just to have them drive you to the beach for 4 1/2 hrs! Even if lunch was included, that is still a lot of $. We also want to do some snorkeling. Can we rent equipment at the beach? Or, is it better to go on an excursion to snorkel?

Both the Courtyard Marriott and the Beach Club Colony had water sports rentals. These included snorkeling, jet skis, banana boat rides, scuba, parasailing. You can find more information directly from the company that operates the water sports. Here is the link.

http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_index.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter