7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by becpee, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Marlea98

Marlea98 DIS Veteran

We loved San Fran. I can strongly recommend Franchino Restaurant in Little Italy (347 Columbus Ave) for the best home-style Italian meals. They're only open for dinner, though.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dabecs

dabecs Returning to WDW 2014!

Love the next trip is already being planned!

I have heard great things about Chipotle from a few people now. I know there is one right near our accom in NY so it's on my list. Even the kids meals looked great there!

4. becpee

becpee I see sock puppets

We've been to Chipotle twice now, and I'm a fan :laughing: even better DS who is a fussy eater is a fan :thumbsup2 and it is so cheap, wholesome and filling.
    Tonight we're off to The Cheesecake Factory, not so wholesome but very filling ;)

5. Travel Mum

Travel Mum DIS Veteran

Oh Becpee, have just caught up on all this! Wow, you have a good case to argue with Delta as that Delta agent on the phone should have cancelled that MCO-LAX flight while you were on the phone with them and should NEVER have told you that no-showing the flight was okay. When res agents are on the phone to pax, they should technically make notes in the booking of everything they discussed with the pax so it would be very interesting to know what booking notes are in that booking of yours and whether Delta will be honest with you if, in fact, the res agent recorded the facts of the conversation correctly.

On the positive, so glad that you are enjoying Palm Springs. When we lived in L.A. when I was a child, my parents would sometimes take us there for long weekends which we all enjoyed.:thumbsup2

6. dabecs

My girls are not fussy but they are not very adventurous eaters so I'm glad to hear your son liked the food:)

7. becpee

We're on our way home :(
    Sitting in LAX using the free wifi, just had The Last Supper at IHOP, and all we did was sit there saying " I don't want to go"

We'll get home and the planning and saving begins again.

A plan for a 48inch mark on the wall, and when DS reaches it we book another Disney trip :laughing:

My tip of the day? Do not use hotel phones for long distance calls :headache:
    We both called our workplaces last week, DH was on the phone for 4 minute, me for 10 :confused3
    $100 later and that's after they refunded $47 for calls made that didn't even connect. They refunded those when I asked for itemized calls, that's my only compliant about the hotel though :rolleyes1

See you on the flip side, with pics :laughing: I'm going back to work on Thursday, that'll be fun...not

8. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

enjoy the last rays of holidays..its so depressing to be back..and with my next WDW sept 2015 I think I am going to die......

safe travels......looking forward to YOUR TR:wave2:

9. Caroline NZ

Caroline NZ DIS Veteran

Hope you have a safe trip home. And roll on the next holidays :thumbsup2

10. becpee

Just heard the funniest thing yet, Delta can't fly to San Diego tonight because their crew timed out, so they're chartering a bus.
    Delta is a circus...

11. battymum

battymum DIS Veteran

Enjoy your flight, Becpee - look forward to your tr!

12. WAMUMOF4

WAMUMOF4 DIS Veteran

Have a safe trip home, 48 inches i hope DS doesn't have to far to grow then :)

13. becpee

I think he's about 44-45inches now, so a little bit to go yet.

Is it sad that I'm sitting in the departure lounge pricing hotels in Palm Springs for next September??
    DH wants to do 10 nights...
    I might try and coincide our trip with my sister so we could take off to Vegas for a few days :p

14. Andona

Andona Destroyer of the Aussie Dollar

Hope the trip home goes smoothly! And there's nothing wrong at all with you thinking about the next trip!! :thumbsup2 I just call that being prepared :rotfl2:

We got home a week ago and haven't paid of the credit card bill yet...but I'm already considering options for next year....:scratchin

Andona

15. Marlea98

Marlea98 DIS Veteran

have a safe and stress-free trip home :goodvibes

16. 5ofus

5ofus DIS Veteran

Safe (and swift ) travels!

17. Travel Mum

Travel Mum DIS Veteran

Have a good trip back Bec and enjoy the first night back in your own bed - that part of going home is always nice :thumbsup2

18. dabecs

Can't even imagine how it would feel to get to an airport expecting to board a plane and being put on a bus! *eek*

Safe trip home!

19. Ms. Shuttergirl

Ms. Shuttergirl DIS Veteran

Safe trip home

20. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

Safe trip home Bec.

21. australiankaren

australiankaren I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DV

sitting here waiting for the complete TR....popcorn::