7 Dwarfs Mine Train is disappointing

I'm disappointed because i've seen the technology in use at attractions like Mystic Manor. Something utilizing that tech would be family friendly and blow a boring kiddie coaster (that little kids cant ride anyway due to height requirements) out of the water.

I'm surprised at how contentious this ride has been! It seems like it comes down to expectations. Disney, to me, never really was particularly big on thrill rides. It kinda stinks in that sense, but I think what they lack in thrills they make up for in detail and ingenuity. The detail and artistry in the ride, even just in the queue, is amazing and really something to drink in. Same goes for the rest of the ride. I think it's still fun, and the ride was as smooth as butter. Was it worth a 60+ minute wait? Maybe not, but certainly worth a go or two if you get the FP.

Also, this is way better than the Hippogriff ride as Universal.

It was supposed to be an awesome dark ride with awesome animatronics with an exciting, if not too fast, roller coaster. It was supposed to be like Peter Pan had a kid with Pirates of the Caribbean while riding Thunder Mountain. It was none of those things. Sure the Dwarfs are kinda cool, but they last like 15 seconds. The roller coaster is lame, there is no real "dark ride" immersion at all. The dwarf scene in the mine is all there is, then you're outside on a kiddie coaster. This was supposed to be The Big One. We waited 3 years for this. Once the hype dies down you're going to see this as a walk on, kinda like Under The Sea has been once that hype died down.
At least you got on it lol Even during the halloween party the line was 45 minutes so we chose to skip after hearing Many reviews like yours. Disappointing actually!

I think the ride serves a purpose, providing small thrills to little ones and an overall enjoyable (though short) ride for others. My whole family enjoys this one, including a non coaster person. Is that not what this ride was supposed to do, especially in FL.I love thrilling coasters but still enjoy the 7DMT experience.

Off topic but just watched a ride through of Mystic Manor. Um......wow. I don't see any rides with that type of technology in the WDW or DLR resorts.Perhaps in the new Avatar Land? Looks like it would be a good fit.

"Thrill" or not there's really no excuse for it being so short.
I would have enjoyed it, but the length is really ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure the excuse is the amount of space they had to work with and the fact that it wasn't originally in the plans for NFL.

7DMT is in Fantasyland, so it's not going to be some super crazy rollercoaster. Yes, its quick, but personally i thought it was cute and enjoyable. Where did you sit? We were right at the back and found it thrilling for a kids ride. I wouldn't stand in line for it, but wouldn't hesitate to ride it with a FP again. Sorry you found it dissapointing.

Old news. We loved it, much cooler than Snow White's scary adventure. Super intro coaster for the little ones, and the not so adventurous. 1st ride great, loved it more each time, awesome in back.

OPs review has me so excited for ^^^^ this reason. I have two children with spectrum/sensory issues. So this is going to be perfect for them!

We had fastpasses the day after opening and had built the moment up for the past few months, guessing would it be open while we over for our holidays. We were tweeting each other countdowns of when we were going digging :) I agree that if you are purely thrill seeking this may be on the let down side. We loved it though. We were immersed in the story and yes it may have been nicer for a longer experience but it will be on our to do list at all of our future visits. Gorgeous detailing, great memories.
It did seem a little temperamental, it must have been down 5 times that day as we had to reschedule our fastpass twice, is it running more consistently now?

I'm pretty sure the excuse is the amount of space they had to work with and the fact that it wasn't originally in the plans for NFL.

I'm fairly sure Disney can do pretty much whatever they want. If they wanted more space they could have found it. If they wanted to reconfigure the ride to make it longer they could have.

I think that it looks cute. However, I don't think it's worth the hype of booking it so many months before your vacation or waiting more than a 1/2 hour in line. But this is my personal opinion and is not shared by most I am sure.

30 minutes is my absolute line limit, so if the wait is longer I'm doing something else. Haven't had a chance to ride 7DMT but I was HOPING for something similar to Big Thunder but with dwarves. Sounds like that isn't the case though. We'll still give it a shot our next trip, assuming we can get FP+ (or hit it at rope drop).

Old news. We loved it, much cooler than Snow White's scary adventure. Super intro coaster for the little ones, and the not so adventurous. 1st ride great, loved it more each time, awesome in back.

This is what I'm thinking it will be, but haven't tried it yet. I can't do much in the way of thrill rides so I like that it's a milder one I can do with the kids. And it still looks way better than the old Snow White ride. A few friends have been there and have really loved this ride so it sounds like they did something right.

Out of curiosity, I just checked the Wait time. Tuesday afternoon at 2:50pm EST on a level "3" day per EasyWDW:

90 minutes Standby / 90 minutes Actual.

An hour and a half. Apparently, a substantial number of park guests didn't get the memo. :)

I'm fairly sure Disney can do pretty much whatever they want. If they wanted more space they could have found it. If they wanted to reconfigure the ride to make it longer they could have.

Maybe they should have bull-dozed the Castle.;)

Did people really think Disney would put a thrill ride smack in Fantasyland? Seriously???

Maybe they should have bull-dozed the Castle.;)

Did people really think Disney would put a thrill ride smack in Fantasyland? Seriously???

People can be "wowed" by things other than a thrill ride. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that they should have put the world's next most extreme coaster ride smack in Fantasyland.

It's not bad. It's worth about a 15 minute wait, but not much more. I prefer it over barnstormer, but prefer BTMRR over 7DMT. If both Under the Sea and 7DMT had no wait, I'd rather go on 7DMT. Just to give my perspective.

People can be "wowed" by things other than a thrill ride. I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting that they should have put the world's next most extreme coaster ride smack in Fantasyland.

That is kind of what it sounds like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter