• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 Dwarfs Mine Train Broken & had a Fast Pass

Jana810

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know or had any experience where they had a Fast Pass for the Mine Train & it was broken during the Fast Pass period? The CM did offer us a variety of choices to change it to during that hour, but the kids weren't interested in riding any of the choices or the line times were short so we didn't change the FP in hopes that the Mine Train would start working. We plan to go back on our last day so was hoping to take advantage of the unused FP from yesterday. Should we talk to a CM or Guest services to plead our case? The kids really wanted to ride the Mine train which we have never done.

when something goes down during the FP period... you can go back any time that day after the ride is back up... they will honor the FP. I don't know about after that day...

FPs are generally not accepted on any other day then which they were issued for. You could stop by Guest Relations to explain and ask I suppose, no harm in that.

I had a FP for 7DMT once and it was down for weather during our hour. We were told at the attraction entrance by a CM that it would be honored for anytime later that day.

So it never came back up that day but the slots are gone on your additional park days?

Yes, I'd go ask nicely in Guest Relations to see if there's something they can do. I really miss the clean slate every day.

They usually issue you an "any time" FP+ for a list of attractions. They send you an email about this, and you can also view it in your MDE account. This happen automatically. It sounds like the CM wasn't very well-informed.

Happened to me last year too. Our fast pass was late in the day. We were misinformed by a nice CM and didn't see the email until it was to late. We were tired and didnt feel like taking the time to talk to guest relations, so we just ate the mistake and went back to the hotel. It was our first day of the trip and had FP for it other days. Lesson learned for us. I agree you should talk to guest relations. I'm sure they can come up with some sort of solution.

We received this email:

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from 1:55 PM to 2:55 PM on 02/03/2015 needs to be changed because the experience is temporarily unavailable.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 02/03/2015, starting at 1:55 PMthrough anytime during normal Theme Park operating hours (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+selection cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences*
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
The Barnstormer
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Haunted Mansion®
Splash Mountain®
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Happened to me in January at AK for EE. The ride was down for the hour we had the FP for. a CM told me that I could come back anytime that day and they would honor that FP.

We received this email:

We're sorry, your previously confirmed FastPass+ selection for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train from 1:55 PM to 2:55 PM on 02/03/2015 needs to be changed because the experience is temporarily unavailable.

As a replacement, you may now visit any one of the following FastPass+ experiences on 02/03/2015, starting at 1:55 PMthrough anytime during normal Theme Park operating hours (Valid Theme Park admission is required and your FastPass+selection cannot be redeemed during Extra Magic Hours):

Experiences*
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®
The Barnstormer
Pirates of the Caribbean®
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin®
Haunted Mansion®
Splash Mountain®
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Your choices are pick a different attraction or hope SDMT comes back up before you leave the park for the day if you want to keep the FP+ to use on SDMT.

When we were there last June this happened to us twice with the SDMT. We received the email about the other attractions available and had FP+s for some of them. Luckily we were warned by a kiosk cast member that if we go to use our other FP+s to make sure that the attracton cast member pulls the correct one off of your MB. We encountered a couple of irate guests at SDMT later that day that had ridden SP while SDMT was down and were told that they had used the anytime FP+ for SM. When we rode Buzz Lightyear I told the FP+ cast member to be sure to use the Buzz FP+ and not the anytime one. He was able to, no problem. Both times the SDMT went down during our MK days and we got the anytime FP+, we were able to ride SDMT later in the day. I don't know how the anytime FP+ affects getting more FP+ at a kiosk.

That's awesome that they automatically send those emails for the anytime FP+. I didn't think it'd be that easy.

That stinks.

You could try to talk to Guest Services. I wouldn't count on it though, but you might be pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for all the replies! Our problem was that we had a late FP @ 1030pm & the CM told us it was unlikely that the Mine Train would be working before the park closed but we could keep tabs in it by watching the wait times on MDE & if the star changed to a number that meant it was running again. Space Mountain was not a choice & nobody in our group had ridden Mine Train yet so we did not want to "waste" the FP on another ride in hopes that Mine Train would be working before the park closed but alas it was not.

Last Oct it broke down during our FP window-we got the email for the anytime FP and were able to use later on that day when it came back up-we were worried b/c we had not been able to get a fast pass for any other day of our trip. So we made more than 1 FP for SDMT for our next trip (3 yr old is too short to ride any of the other mountains and LOVED SDMT)
OP can't hurt to stop at Guest services-worst case scenario they say no but you won't know if you don't try

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter