7 Day Wait List Question?

lisareniff

DIS Veteran
I have never done a waitlist that deactivated at 7 days before the reservation, but now the kids are gone we are traveling alone and things are more flexible.

I have 3 nights reserved at 2 different locations (Jan 3 - CCV 1bedroom, Jan 4 & 5 - BCV 1bedroom). This is going into race weekend in January.

I would like to try to waitlist (I know it's late) CCV for the other nights in a 1 bedroom and would like to use the 7 day waitlist instead of the 31day.

Will they cancel a previous reservation and NOT put those points in holding but transfer the points to the new reservation?

This will not happen in this case but if the reservation is less points will those points go into holding if after the 30 days?

Could I use 2 waitlists? One for the 4th and one for the 4 & 5th? I only want to move once. Will they cancel the other waitlist if one comes through? Will dining reservations be canceled if the wait list comes through and that night is canceled?

It won’t cancel or impact dining reservations. Any waitlist that fills less than 31 days out that is less points than what you have booked will indeed result in holding points.

You can waitlist the 4th and then also the 4th and the 5th. For the one that is both nights, you can do that online easily and ask it to replace the BCV reservation you have.

For the one that is just the night of the 4th, you have to call MS because they need to put a note on it to only replace the 4th and not both nights.

If you have extra points, you could just set up the waitlist for the 4th and not have it replace…if it fills, then you adjust the BCV one on your own. It’s usually what I do when I can.

It won’t cancel or impact dining reservations. Any waitlist that fills less than 31 days out that is less points than what you have booked will indeed result in holding points.

You can waitlist the 4th and then also the 4th and the 5th. For the one that is both nights, you can do that online easily and ask it to replace the BCV reservation you have.

For the one that is just the night of the 4th, you have to call MS because they need to put a note on it to only replace the 4th and not both nights.

If you have extra points, you could just set up the waitlist for the 4th and not have it replace…if it fills, then you adjust the BCV one on your own. It’s usually what I do when I can.
Thanks Sandi! I appreciate the info. You have made it very clear.

I do have a question regarding you last comment. Is that only if the waitlist comes through before 31 days? Or else you have holding points right? I think I'm a little late setting this up but we do have the 3 nights secured so I'm happy. Just trying to make things better without messing it all up!

Thanks Sandi! I appreciate the info. You have made it very clear.

I do have a question regarding you last comment. Is that only if the waitlist comes through before 31 days? Or else you have holding points right? I think I'm a little late setting this up but we do have the 3 nights secured so I'm happy. Just trying to make things better without messing it all up!

Yes, you only end up with holding if you adjust something less than 31 days. When I do the waitlist without having it replace since it’s not going to replace the whole thing…I do monitor it and if it still hasn’t filled around 35 days out…I always chat with MS to make sure, I cancel it.

I would also stalk the website because you just never know!

Yes, you only end up with holding if you adjust something less than 31 days. When I do the waitlist without having it replace since it’s not going to replace the whole thing…I do monitor it and if it still hasn’t filled around 35 days out…I always chat with MS to make sure, I cancel it.

I would also stalk the website because you just never know!
Thanks! Stalking as we speak!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter