7 consecutive nights

fraysertruckie

Earning My Ears
So we're exploring a resale and I read that you can only book 7 consecutive nights. We usually stay 8 or 9 nights on our vacations to WDW. Am I misinterpreting this policy? If not, are there ways around it? Thanks...Ed

So we're exploring a resale and I read that you can only book 7 consecutive nights. We usually stay 8 or 9 nights on our vacations to WDW. Am I misinterpreting this policy? If not, are there ways around it? Thanks...Ed
That isn't true-when the 11 month window (or 7 month window for non home resort) opens you can only book 7 nights but after 2 days you could add on the 8th and 9th day (or 8th day after one day).

You need to look at the rule a little differently. You can book as many nights as you have points to use. However, your departure date from WDW can never be later than 11 months plus 7 days (for home resort) or 7 months plus 7 days (for another resort) from the date on which you contact Member Services to make a reservation.

It's to prevent a member with a high number of points to book for example a whole month at the 11 or 7 month window, then cancel the dates they don't want.

We've done this many times........at our 11 month window, we book the first 7 nights, then call MS the next morning to add a day at a time.

I just had this issue this morning and was coming to post for clearifacation on this very topic. So I was online this morning at the 7 month window trying to book 10 nights at a non-home resort. System said no can do. I called and the cm on the phone was very confusing to speak with. I was just going to post the question to clarify but see it already out there.
You need to look at the rule a little differently. You can book as many nights as you have points to use. However, your departure date from WDW can never be later than 11 months plus 7 days (for home resort) or 7 months plus 7 days (for another resort) from the date on which you contact Member Services to make a reservation.
I was so confused speaking with the cm on how she explained it. I was thinking after looking on line it kind of worked as stated above but still was not sure. She told me to call back everyday and just add a day. That is fine but I wanted to know if I was 3 days past the 7 month window could I have just booked the 10 days and she said no I would still have to keep calling. Thanks for the op question and all the feedback to this as it help just more then one person.

I just had this issue this morning and was coming to post for clearifacation on this very topic. So I was online this morning at the 7 month window trying to book 10 nights at a non-home resort. System said no can do. I called and the cm on the phone was very confusing to speak with. I was just going to post the question to clarify but see it already out there.
I was so confused speaking with the cm on how she explained it. I was thinking after looking on line it kind of worked as stated above but still was not sure. She told me to call back everyday and just add a day. That is fine but I wanted to know if I was 3 days past the 7 month window could I have just booked the 10 days and she said no I would still have to keep calling. Thanks for the op question and all the feedback to this as it help just more then one person.

Just to verify for you, if you were 3 days past you then could book the 10 nights. There is a 14 night limit online though so anything more than that and you'd need to call.

No, my 7 month window open today. I am booking a non-home resort for September 1 thru 11. That is ten nights and could not do more then 7 nights on line or over the phone. So I booked thru the 8th. Then need to call back each day for the following three to book each night to add onto my over all trip.

The confusion is around booking more then 7 nights.

No, my 7 month window open today. I am booking a non-home resort for September 1 thru 11. That is ten nights and could not do more then 7 nights on line or over the phone. So I booked thru the 8th. Then need to call back each day for the following three to book each night to add onto my over all trip.

The confusion is around booking more then 7 nights.

The 14 nights I refer to is a max restriction in a single booking online, assuming you are at least 7 days into your 11 month or seven month window. So, for example, you were 6 months out from a stay you wished to book and wanted to stay 16 nights you'd either be able to book 14 nights, then 2 nights and ask MS to combine the reservations or you could call in for MS to book the 16 nights. But you could only do a max of 14 in a single reservation online.

If you had cared to wait 3 more days before booking your stay you could have done all 10 days at once. I don't know what you are booking but if you aren't worried about availability you could also just wait 3 days before calling in and they could add the remaining days in one call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter