7 AM Extra Magic Hours? We're in!...NEW 12/27 p. 31

I agree, the Epcot area is just perfect. I'm probably staying at the Boardwalk Inn next year and I'm very VERY excited about that!! So now, my pictures are getting you excited and your pictures are getting me excited! :rotfl:

I don't think it's sad that you've seen all the HSM movies. I was pretty obsessed with them for a while to be honest. Haven't seen Camp Rock 2 though. But when we were walking past we heard them do some Cheetah Girls songs!

I totally get teary eyed when Mickey comes out at the end too! It's the best part! But I agree, on my first three trips I saw Fantastmic (only twice was that by choice) and by the fourth one I was just like, okay yall have fun. :rotfl:

I love One Man's Dream, and was so excited to see the Fantasyland plans/model. We actually saw it before we went to MK, so it was kinda cool to compare the plans to the construction site. That is kinda weird that CM's can see where their friends may be working, but then your sister may be able to get an idea of what she will be doing.

Catching up from August!

I would love to meet Dug and Russell, but when we were there, the lines were really long. I think it'd be even better if Carl was there too!

I think that DVC cap is so nice! Of course, we don't have DVC, haha, but it's a cute thing to have a free cap with Mickey on it!

I'm not a fan of Duffy, but I love all his costumes! I have a Build-a-Bear and I have some Disney Duffy costumes because they're better quality than the BAB ones. So much fun to chance his outfits every once in a while. It's hilarious that I can be so into it at 28.

That's such a small world that even in Disney, you can randomly bump into people from home! I mean, what are the chances that even in WDW both of you would be in that same spot at the same time?

I like how you two still went to the park early in the morning for EMH although your tour started later. I wouldn't expect any less! I'm SO SO SO excited to take advantage of the EMH in December! I have to keep thinking about you guys and how much you always get done!

Thanks for sharing all the info about the Keys to the Kingdom tour! I really want to do it to see the Utilidors, but it probably won't happen any time soon because of the extra cost. I really like all the tidbits you shared about the backstage stuff and the rides. Some of the stuff I knew because of those Imagineering Field Guide books and Hidden Magic, but I didn't know all the stuff about Jungle Cruise or Splash! Anyway, part of me also wants to wait for a bigger group to do a private tour with Lou Mongello! Haha.

YAY FOR EMMA!!!

How could people leave at that part of Fantasmic?!? I absolutely love the ending when Mickey appears at the top of the mountain and conducts the fireworks. Even when I watch the video I have of it, I get the chills and cover my mouth because I get so excited. I love hearing everybody's cheers as they get so excited about Mickey, especially when it comes from the adult males!

That is a bizarre time to leave Fantasmic! Why wait all that time and not watch it all? :confused3 We had fun with the pre-show entertainment this trip too and you just never know what's going to work or not. We had a singing contest where you had to finish the line when the music stopped and for our side, a young boy was picked to represent us. We thought we had it in the bag when "Hakuna Matata" started up but when the music stopped... you could hear crickets chirping. Poor kid!

Love your graffitied 'was here' picture... that really is a beautiful area.

Kids are adorable! The underage Jedi and the dancing munchkin were just too cute.

What a great day!

Boardwalk is beautiful! Would love to stay there one day...

We love Fantasmic too, can't wait to take the kids there on our upcoming trip they have never been.

The Boardwalk was amazing. I would definitely recommend staying there if you can. I know I would love to go there again some day. So glad I got to check it off my list!

I bet your kids will love it! That will be so much fun to see their reactions.

You had a prime spot at the Boardwalk! :thumbsup2 We need to stay there. The only two non DVC resorts we have not stayed in are BW and GF.

You mentioned a pre show for Fantasmic. What do they do? I don't think I've ever been there early. I agree with you...the big shows we usually do every other trip. It's not necessary to do them every single time if you go often. I do plan to do it all this time though. I am making a planning book for Disney clients and I want to include every single thing. I've done it over the years, but really it's easier to just do it again than to search for all that stuff.

I'm excited about Fantasyland too. I can't wait to see it, AND Test Track.

Wow, and I thought I was doing well making it to all the DVC resorts! I would love to stay at all the resorts but I doubt that will ever happen now that we're in DVC. Anyway, the Boardwalk is so great. I'm sure you guys would love it.

I totally agree that it's not necessary to go every single trip when you go as often as we do. There are so many other things to do-it's nice to try something different for a change.

As for the preshow, they talked to a few people in the crowd, sang songs, stuff like that. It was fun. :)

Wow your room at the BWI was in such a perfect spot! I need to stay there!

Great day at DHS! :cool1: I would love to watch the little kids doing the Jedi training someday, but it's never going on when we're there! :confused3

I like Fantasmic, but I don't need to see it on every trip either. But I do need to see Illuminations 5 billion times. And Wishes at least once. :rotfl:

Oh no only one Disney day left! :eek:

haha, I love how everyone is saying they need to stay at the Boardwalk. And my response is always yes you do! I have loved all of the DVC resorts, but the Boardwalk is now one of my favorites.

Hmm, really? They have a bunch of shows every day. Hopefully some day you can catch it.

Yes, it is very sad that I'm on our last day! :(

I agree, the Epcot area is just perfect. I'm probably staying at the Boardwalk Inn next year and I'm very VERY excited about that!! So now, my pictures are getting you excited and your pictures are getting me excited! :rotfl:

I don't think it's sad that you've seen all the HSM movies. I was pretty obsessed with them for a while to be honest. Haven't seen Camp Rock 2 though. But when we were walking past we heard them do some Cheetah Girls songs!

I totally get teary eyed when Mickey comes out at the end too! It's the best part! But I agree, on my first three trips I saw Fantastmic (only twice was that by choice) and by the fourth one I was just like, okay yall have fun. :rotfl:

Oooh yay for the Boardwalk! You will love it!

haha, I like HSM more than I like Camp Rock. But I still had to watch it when it came on TV.

It is such a great ending...so magical. :goodvibes The other thing that's kind of annoying is that you have to get there so early. Though actually this time we didn't get there as early and we were still able to get a seat. But I don't want to sit on those benches for an hour!

I love One Man's Dream, and was so excited to see the Fantasyland plans/model. We actually saw it before we went to MK, so it was kinda cool to compare the plans to the construction site. That is kinda weird that CM's can see where their friends may be working, but then your sister may be able to get an idea of what she will be doing.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that all works with the website but we'll see if Emma wants to find out beforehand or if she wants to be surprised when she gets there.

Catching up from August!

I would love to meet Dug and Russell, but when we were there, the lines were really long. I think it'd be even better if Carl was there too!

That would have been cool if Carl was there. I know Claire met him and Dug on one trip but I think they might've been gone already by the time I next got there. Or else I just didn't feel like waiting. I can't remember.

I think that DVC cap is so nice! Of course, we don't have DVC, haha, but it's a cute thing to have a free cap with Mickey on it!

Some people might disagree but DVC does treat its members pretty well. Gotta love free stuff.

I'm not a fan of Duffy, but I love all his costumes! I have a Build-a-Bear and I have some Disney Duffy costumes because they're better quality than the BAB ones. So much fun to chance his outfits every once in a while. It's hilarious that I can be so into it at 28.

haha, I don't think it's weird. The costumes are really cute! And Emma is obsessed with Duffy (actually she and all of her roommates were).

That's such a small world that even in Disney, you can randomly bump into people from home! I mean, what are the chances that even in WDW both of you would be in that same spot at the same time?

I know, it was so strange!

I like how you two still went to the park early in the morning for EMH although your tour started later. I wouldn't expect any less! I'm SO SO SO excited to take advantage of the EMH in December! I have to keep thinking about you guys and how much you always get done!

Yes, and especially during that time when it gets so crowded you have to get to the parks early if you want to get anything accomplished. We would always go for rope drop, stay until about noon, then go back to our resort when the masses are just arriving! Some people say they'll never go during the holiday season but if you are willing to get up early you can get a lot done. We never had a problem doing all we wanted to do. AHHH I am so jealous you get to go in December!

Thanks for sharing all the info about the Keys to the Kingdom tour! I really want to do it to see the Utilidors, but it probably won't happen any time soon because of the extra cost. I really like all the tidbits you shared about the backstage stuff and the rides. Some of the stuff I knew because of those Imagineering Field Guide books and Hidden Magic, but I didn't know all the stuff about Jungle Cruise or Splash! Anyway, part of me also wants to wait for a bigger group to do a private tour with Lou Mongello! Haha.

You're welcome! The tour was such a highlight for us and I'm glad I was able to share some of the stuff we learned. :)

YAY FOR EMMA!!!

Yup! She is so excited to be going back.

How could people leave at that part of Fantasmic?!? I absolutely love the ending when Mickey appears at the top of the mountain and conducts the fireworks. Even when I watch the video I have of it, I get the chills and cover my mouth because I get so excited. I love hearing everybody's cheers as they get so excited about Mickey, especially when it comes from the adult males!

I know, it is so cute. I get chills too. One of the many reasons why I love Disney.

My comments are in pink! :)

That is a bizarre time to leave Fantasmic! Why wait all that time and not watch it all? :confused3 We had fun with the pre-show entertainment this trip too and you just never know what's going to work or not. We had a singing contest where you had to finish the line when the music stopped and for our side, a young boy was picked to represent us. We thought we had it in the bag when "Hakuna Matata" started up but when the music stopped... you could hear crickets chirping. Poor kid!

Love your graffitied 'was here' picture... that really is a beautiful area.

Kids are adorable! The underage Jedi and the dancing munchkin were just too cute.

I have no idea why you would leave then unless you were trying to beat the crowd out. That can be a pain. Aww, that's sad the kid didn't know Hakuna Matata!

haha, thanks. Yes it is such an awesome area. I love it.

I know! I love watching the kids. They crack me up sometimes.

Friday, April 13, 2012...Our final day

Well, I’ve finally made it to our last day in Disney World. I always hate writing about the last day because I think (no, I know) everyone would agree that last days are kind of a bummer. I always try to stay optimistic and think there’s still a full day of fun to be had (and I also always know I’ll be going back) but it still is a little depressing. Anyways, before we left for this trip, I had said something about wanting to go to Blizzard Beach at some point since it’s been a while since I was last there. Dad was up for it too, so we thought the last day would be a good time to go. However, we ended up scratching that plan and decided to go to Hollywood Studios again. After all, I wanted to get one more ride on Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n Roller Coaster!

When I woke up, I took one more picture of our fantastic view. Most of the pictures I had taken were zoomed in but here’s a more panoramic shot of what we were able to look at from our balcony all week. It was going to be hard saying good-bye to that view!

100_8665.jpg

After eating some breakfast, we walked over to DHS. We left a little later so by the time we got there they were just about ready to let people into the park.

100_8666.jpg

100_8667.jpg

100_8668.jpg

I honestly don’t remember but I guess we went to Toy Story Mania first (otherwise my pictures are out of order!).

100_8669.jpg

Then we backtracked to Sunset Boulevard to ride a couple of our favorites.

First up, Tower of Terror!
100_8670.jpg

When you go to Disney World as often as we do, you tend to end up with a lot of the same pictures. So every now and then I’ll try to get something a little different. I’ve been determined to get one at the top of the Tower of Terror, looking out over the park. So when we got onto the elevator, I had my camera in hand ready to attempt taking that picture. I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out. Isn’t it kind of cool how you can see backstage and also the letters in “HOLLYWOOD?”

100_8671.jpg

As usual we enjoyed Tower of Terror and RNRC. I still can’t believe how those two have come to become a couple of my favorites in Disney World after being so terrified of them at first.

As we walked back down Sunset, we stopped for a photopass picture. I also had the photographer take one with my camera.

100_8672.jpg

100_8673.jpg

From there we headed over to the Animation building because I also wanted to do the Animation Academy again. That’s another attraction that has quickly become a favorite of mine. It is kind of addicting!

While we were in the Animation building we also saw the show that we usually skip.

Then as we entered the main part of the building there was a poster for the upcoming Monsters University movie. It’ll be interesting to see what that’s like next year.

100_8674.jpg

Of course we stopped to see Sorcerer Mickey…there was nobody in line waiting for him!

100_8675.jpg

100_8677.jpg

I also took the character quiz and I ended up getting this result:

100_8678.jpg

As for the Animation Academy, we drew Stitch. That was a character I had already drawn, but atleast it was a different angle of him. I wasn’t too happy with how my drawing turned out. Our instructor was some girl who I seem to remember having before and she’s not as good as some of the others. She seems to spend a lot of time talking to everyone rather than explain how to draw the character. So somehow I end up missing lines here and there which doesn’t make for a good drawing. Oh well.

After spending some time in the Animation Academy we headed back outside. There really wasn’t much else we wanted to do at DHS. Though Dad did go to Guest Relations to check in for our flight the next day (we were flying Southwest again and he wanted to try to get good boarding position). So I hung out by the Sorcerer’s Hat and looked around at the pins. While I was waiting there some random guy came up to me and asked if I had a cell phone because he needed to call his wife or whoever he was with.

Here's a couple random pictures I took while I was waiting:
100_8679.jpg

100_8680.jpg

When Dad got back we got one last character picture with Minnie Mouse. I love their Hollywood outfits! So cute.

100_8682.jpg

Then it was time to say good-bye to DHS for this trip. But we still had a lot more to do…we had no plans for the day, so where would we decide to go next???

The last day is always so bittersweet but it looks like yours is off to a great start!

The PP guy got a really nice picture of you and your dad in front of the ToT :)

I agree the characters are so cute in their Hollywood outfits.

I'm thinking maybe you headed over to Epcot?

Aww, I hate the last day at Disney! But DHS is a good park to go to on the last day, we always seem to do that and Epcot! :thumbsup2

I love the Animation class, I don't really want to draw Stitch though! Nothing against Stitch, but I'd really love to draw a classic character, Mickey or Pluto or someone!

I love the characters in their little Hollywood outfits, too cute! :cheer2:

The right CM in Animation Academy makes all the difference. We had a guy who rushed through it and just didn't explain things very well, and I wasn't as confident in my drawing. It was disappointing since we were actually drawing Grumpy!

Sarah didn't mention that one of the reasons we decided not to go to Blizzard Beach is that the weather was a little on the cool side (forecast high in the mid to upper 70's with some clouds and a chance of showers). A great day for going to a park, but a little cool for my tastes for getting in and out of water. Especially in the morning when the temperature was still in the 60's.

So, we decided to start the day at DHS instead, thinking that we could still try Blizzard Beach later based on the weather. I still have an old ticket (from about 1999) that allows me a Blizzard Beach admission, but who knows if I'll ever use it. I'm getting a little old for too many climbs up and down stairs to do water slides and I can only spend so much time in the Lazy River. Still, I loved BB the couple of times we went there, and would like to do it again.

I should also mention that Sarah's PC (only 2-3 years old) suddenly died the other day with what was diagnosed as a failed motherboard. So, she may not be around the board as much for awhile until she gets a replacement PC.

Yes, as my dad said my computer decided to fail the other day. :(. So it's now going to take me even longer to finish this TR. It also means I won't be able to keep up with everyone else's reports. :(. Right now I'm typing this on my iPod, which isn't exactly easy. Hopefully I'll be able to find a new computer soon (and maybe I can use my dad's computer a couple times). So, I guess I'll see ya real soon!

Oh no, sorry about the computer!

On my last trip we did HS on the last day as well. I really wanted those two rides again :) it was a good ending to the trip. But you're right, even though you know you'll be back last days are tough.

I'm finally caught up again! :goodvibes

Congrats on getting BLT for April! Keep us posted on where Emma ends up, we will be back in February and I'll watch for her!

Have you ever been to the water parks? We did Typhoon Lagoon this last time and LOVED it. Gotta love that discounted PAP (which I assume you guys took advantage of too!) In Feb we will do Disney Quest, and hopefully Blizzard Beach if it's warm enough.

Curious to see where you ended your day...

(and yes that view from your balcony!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc)

Ugh on the computer! Hopefully you didnt have pictures lost?

We did the Animation Academy on our trip and drew Woody. Really enjoyed it but yes, the guy was a little rushed and our drawings kinda show some steps we each missed. :confused:

Such a great room view .... :cloud9:

Aww...the last day is hard. But, it looks like you picked a great way to end it so far. Love ToT!! Still hoping to make it on RNRC...hopefully next time!!:thumbsup2

Great pictures with Sorcerer Mickey! I'm excited to see where you head next!:goodvibes

Hi everyone! I thought I'd sneak onto Dad's computer to reply to your comments. I still don't have my own computer but I'm hoping to order one today. I just need to get it over with. Then once I finally get it I can update again and get caught up on everyone's reports!

And if I don't get on before Thursday, I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving (can't believe the holiday season is already here!)!!

Oh no, sorry about the computer!

On my last trip we did HS on the last day as well. I really wanted those two rides again :) it was a good ending to the trip. But you're right, even though you know you'll be back last days are tough.

Yeah, it sucks that my computer turned out to be a piece of junk. :( Hopefully I'll get a new one soon!

It's always fun ending a trip with a couple great rides like TOT and RNRC.

I'm finally caught up again! :goodvibes

Congrats on getting BLT for April! Keep us posted on where Emma ends up, we will be back in February and I'll watch for her!

Have you ever been to the water parks? We did Typhoon Lagoon this last time and LOVED it. Gotta love that discounted PAP (which I assume you guys took advantage of too!) In Feb we will do Disney Quest, and hopefully Blizzard Beach if it's warm enough.

Curious to see where you ended your day...

(and yes that view from your balcony!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc)

Hi Brook! :wave2:

Thank you! I am so excited for BLT. I just want April to hurry up and get here already, haha. I will be sure to post a couple updates about Emma. It's fun getting to live vicariously through her experiences. She'll be moving back in less than 2 months! :scared1:

Yes, we have done both of the water parks but it has been a long time since we last went. I actually preferred Blizzard Beach-I thought the slides at Typhoon Lagoon were kind of lame. But that was before they had the Crush 'n Gusher so I kind of want to go back sometime for that.

Hoping to get a new update done soon. We'll see!

Ugh on the computer! Hopefully you didnt have pictures lost?

We did the Animation Academy on our trip and drew Woody. Really enjoyed it but yes, the guy was a little rushed and our drawings kinda show some steps we each missed. :confused:

Such a great room view .... :cloud9:

No, my pictures should be OK. The guy at the shop told me the hard drive on my laptop should still be fine and once I get a new computer he said he could transfer all my music/pictures/documents. If it turns out that the hard drive is shot I have an external hard drive with everything backed up (this was not the first problem I had with that computer...ugh!). Plus I always have a hard time deleting my memory cards after a Disney trip so they're still on there too!

Yeah, that's how I felt about my Stitch! We also drew Woody on another trip and he was kind of hard.

I KNOW!!! I just loved looking out over the lake and watching people on the Boardwalk. Beautiful! :goodvibes

Aww...the last day is hard. But, it looks like you picked a great way to end it so far. Love ToT!! Still hoping to make it on RNRC...hopefully next time!!:thumbsup2

Great pictures with Sorcerer Mickey! I'm excited to see where you head next!:goodvibes

Aww, you didn't do RNRC?! You definitely need to! I was so afraid to try it but the more I did it the more I love it.

Thanks!

Yes, we have done both of the water parks but it has been a long time since we last went. I actually preferred Blizzard Beach-I thought the slides at Typhoon Lagoon were kind of lame. But that was before they had the Crush 'n Gusher so I kind of want to go back sometime for that.

Ha ha! Funny you say that - I'm a water slide weenie and I loved the slides at TL! Probably because they are wimpy and lame! :rotfl:

I catch up and your just about done!:eek:

We stopped by the Boardwalk area twice on our trip and I now see how amazing it all is! Really, until you go and see it you can't understand. We walked over from Epcot one day and I almost bought DVC right then and there.:rotfl2:

We loved riding the Friendship boats! We did on 2 separate days and just really enjoyed seeing the views.

I miss the unobstructed view of the Hat in DHS, now there is a huge stage in front blocking it from the brim on down.

The picture from ToT is neat, I tried that, got a halfway decent one, but I was so afraid of dropping my camera.:lmao:

I'm sorry your computer died, it's such a hassle.

I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter