7 a.m. Crystal Palace Opening?

kaymil

Dis Veteran
I originally made an 8:05 ressie for Crystal Palace on December 20th, but was planning on canceling it knowing that the park hours will probably be extended from a 9 am opening to an 8 am opening that day since that's what has happened in the past. Today, I was just playing around with our reservations and noticed that Crystal Palace now has operating hours starting at 7 am instead of 8 am on December 20th, and I was able to get a 7:15 reservation. Anyone know what this is about? Does Crystal Palace usually open an hour earlier when park hours are extended to 8 am? I'm super confused, because everything I've read has said that the pre-opening breakfast reservations are worthless at Christmas time because of extended hours, but if MK ends up opening at 8 instead of 9, a 7:15 reservation is still pre-opening. Confusion. Pure confusion. :confused3

Ok good, I'm glad it's not just me missing something. I checked CRT and it opens at 8 on that day too. So Crystal Palace is the odd one out...

That is interesting I've never heard of that either. Maybe they got a lot of complaints bc people count on those pre park ADR entries so they don't lose park time. So maybe they decided to extend Crystal Palace hours for that hour before park opening. I would call the dining line just to confirm thats the case though and not a computer glitch.

When we went at Christmas time one year, we had a 7:00am ADR at 'Ohana. I realize you are asking about Crystal Palace (our favourite by the way :thumbsup2) but maybe they've started them even earlier as it's holiday time and super busy? That's the only thing I can think of, since the earliest we've ever gotten at CP is 8:00am. I *think* I remember the park actually opening at 7:00am between Christmas and New Years.
But, then I would expect to see CRT also open at 7:00. Confusing for sure :confused3

Just called and spoke with a CM. She checked the restaurant calendar and verified that from December 20th-December 31st CP will open for breakfast at 7 am. Now fingers crossed there's no morning EMH the day I got our 7:15 reservation!

When we went at Christmas time one year, we had a 7:00am ADR at 'Ohana. I realize you are asking about Crystal Palace (our favourite by the way :thumbsup2) but maybe they've started them even earlier as it's holiday time and super busy? That's the only thing I can think of, since the earliest we've ever gotten at CP is 8:00am. I *think* I remember the park actually opening at 7:00am between Christmas and New Years.
But, then I would expect to see CRT also open at 7:00. Confusing
The calendar from last year had 8 am hours all around Christmas time, with some 7 am EMH. I'm hoping that's what it will be this year, and that the morning EMH's aren't the day we got the early ressie!

The calendar from last year had 8 am hours all around Christmas time, with some 7 am EMH. I'm hoping that's what it will be this year, and that the morning EMH's aren't the day we got the early ressie!
Hope the times work out for you. Disney is fabulous at Christmas!!! We have an 8:00am ADR at Crystal Palace in about 3 weeks - so excited that the park hours stayed (so far) at 9:00am. Have a wonderful trip.

Hope the times work out for you. Disney is fabulous at Christmas!!! We have an 8:00am ADR at Crystal Palace in about 3 weeks - so excited that the park hours stayed (so far) at 9:00am. Have a wonderful trip.

So exciting! Early park entry is absolutely my favorite thing to do! It's the only thing I'm a little bummed about with the Christmas season, though, as I don't think it will end up working out with EMH's. Oh well!

Have a blast!!!

Ok, I was kind of wondering if they maybe changed the park and restaurant hours during that time since that's a pretty busy time period. You will love Disney at that time! We went in December 2013 (the 2nd week of December) and left on the 22nd - you could see the crowds getting heavier by the end of our stay so it's good that they are extending hours.

The 7 am early EMH is usually that whole week of Christmas, so just be prepared.
Yes, my DD was a college intern and said that they opened MK at 7 am all Christmas week. I believe looking back at the park hours from last year confirms that as well.

Does anyone know from experience how busy it really is at 7 am every day? So, if we have an 7:00 reservation, is it still totally crazy even at that time? I have a 7:00 am CP reservation and am just hoping for slightly smaller crowds. Have given up any hope of pre-park ADRs during the time that I am there since MK will be most likely open everyday at 8 am during December from what I understand. Hoping that not as many people will drag themselves up at that hour. I might not eve be able to drag my crew up because we are from the West coast so it will be horrifically early to our bodies as it is but I am hoping to try!

Does anyone know from experience how busy it really is at 7 am every day? So, if we have an 7:00 reservation, is it still totally crazy even at that time? I have a 7:00 am CP reservation and am just hoping for slightly smaller crowds. Have given up any hope of pre-park ADRs during the time that I am there since MK will be most likely open everyday at 8 am during December from what I understand. Hoping that not as many people will drag themselves up at that hour. I might not eve be able to drag my crew up because we are from the West coast so it will be horrifically early to our bodies as it is but I am hoping to try!

We were at MK two years ago on December 27th. I still can't believe we braved the parks, but we were driving through Florida to meet family and it was the only day that we could go. DH, DD 6, DS 4, and I had a GREAT time! I dragged them out of bed to make 7am park opening and it was the best decision we made. There was a good crowd gathered for the show at park opening, but once we got into the parks it felt empty! We went straight to Fantasyland and walked onto tons of rides with zero wait. I'd say the crowds were pretty light for the first hour or two. Rope drop is definitely worth it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter