7:30 at Rose & Crown a good time for Illuminations???

Luv2Travel

Member since there were less than 5000 members!
Sorry - couldn't get the search function to work. :confused:

I made an ADR for Rose & Crown at 7:30. Is this a good time to go and still be able to request a table on the patio to watch Illuminations?

Yes, if you eat slow.

I always make the last possible reservation which is usually 8:30-8:45. There is a higher chance of getting your preffered table (aka view) and the fireworks often go off during your appetizers.

We also make the latest possible reservation to watch from Rose and Crown. Remember though, it's not guaranteed that you will get a patio or porch table. I would suggest getting one member of your party to go really early, like 45 min to an hour before your ressie. This is what we always do, and we've always gotten a good view. Have a great time!

Thanks so much for the replies, but now I'm confused. I thought I had read in the past that people booked a little earlier because the patio filled up early with people eating and waiting around for Illuminations. :confused3 I also thouht it was an early enough time to be able to wait around a little to get a patio table if available. Hmmmm, what to do? :scratchin

The last time we were there, the waiter told us he had to ask two different tables to leave because they arrived at 6:30 and wanted to stick around and watch Illuminations, but later ressies had to be seated so they had to leave. Not sure if that's true or not, but it does make sense that tables have to be seated. I don't know if that happened, but it's what he said. I would go for a later ressie, only because that's what we've done and gotten a patio or porch seat every time. Good luck! :wizard:

I had a 7:20 PS last May, got there at 7:10, requested an outside table, did not get seated until 8:00 but got front and center. I think the last PS that night was 8:00. I don't think too many with a later PS got an outside table because most everyone who was out there when we were seated were there until the fireworks. People next to us finished about 8:30 and stayed for the fireworks.

Glad to hear everyone's comments. We have a 7:30pm ressie for Rose and Crown for this summer one evening ... with slight hopes that we'll get a seat outside or near a window to see Illuminations. It's hard with three relatively young children to every get a spot where everyone can see and be happy!! :paw:

Don't count on it.

Last summer I made a reservation for 7:30 at the Rose and Crown in hopes that illuminations would be starting at around the time we finished our dinner and we would be able to view it from the patio.

It was pouring rain during the time that we were in the restaurant and the waitress rushed us unbelievably.

We ordered an appetizer, salad, dinner, and dessert and the waitress had all of the courses on the table at once in her attempt to rush us out of there. Whenever we ordered the same full meal at any of the other restaurants at WDW we would be dining in courses for over an hour. When I have only had about 3 bites of my salad and the main course is there I blame the waitstaff.

She was trying to get us out of there in less than an hour so she could turn the table and make another tip. What made it worse was that we kept ordering because we didn't want to go out into the rain. And she was rush, rush, rush. I felt very pressured to move on. It was horrible.

I tried 2 times to do the Illuminations thing and both times got an inside table. I don't like Rose & Crown enough to eat there for just the food so I won't try it again.

We ordered an appetizer, salad, dinner, and dessert and the waitress had all of the courses on the table at once in her attempt to rush us out of there.
I would have immediately asked to speak to the manager. That is not acceptable.

To the op, we had a great time...7:30 ADR, showed up at 7:15, very nicely requested outside table (we saw others who were very demanding--it backfired on them), seated outside by 7:45, having dessert during Illuminations. Our server was great, she helped us time it so we could be relaxing over coffee (or after dinner drinks!) for the show. I wouldn't try for any later, 1.5 hours for dinner is not unreasonable and you will easily be able to stay. Any later and the earlier crowd will still be there. Of course as others have said, there is no guarantee for outside!

Good luck! :earsboy:

We did the Candlelight Processional at Rose and Crown (our first time eating there) and had a tremendous experience, even tho Illuminations was shown at 9:30. The folks at the check-in podium were very clear. We had a two hour window to enjoy our meal and when we first arrived at 7:20 pm for our 7:40 ADR, they indicated we would be better off checking in another 10 minutes. We were seated on the porch and had the best server possible, Emma. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, mostly flank and fish, and Emma even suggested we move to a table with a better view of Illuminations while we ate our dessert. With the holiday Illuminations it was a wonderful, very worthwhile experience.

3MouseMom said:
we had a great time...7:30 ADR, showed up at 7:15, very nicely requested outside table (we saw others who were very demanding--it backfired on them)

Of course as others have said, there is no guarantee for outside!

Good luck! :earsboy:

I was nice-honest! It isn't guaranteed!

We had res at 7.30 and it was spot on. It was our wedding anniversary, and we'd told them when we made the res, and when we arrived - so maybe that had something to do with us getting an excellent patio table - seated at about 7.50.

Also had a bit of extra magic as one of the CMs asked if our 5 year old DD would like to start the fireworks. Illuminations starts with a single 'star' coming from behind the Rose and Crown, into the centre of the lake. They gave DD a magic wand which she pointed at the lake at exactly the right moment and it looked just as if she'd started it off. All the CMs also signed a menu for her - it was great

7:50 has worked well for us a few times. Also, on one occasion at the podium the host noticed that we had booked our ADR well in advance. Maybe I was just imagining it, but it was almost as if he thought "if it's THAT important to them I'll take care of them". :confused3

We have an 8:00 ADR at R&C on July 4th. Illuminations is scheduled for 10:00. I know this isn't going to work. I've called back twice since to see if they opened up any later times. Nope. What gives?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter