7/26/2014 - 12 Night Mediterranean Cruise - Fish Extender

fitzpat

Mouseketeer
Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the July 26, 2014 Disney Magic Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example. As families join, I'll keep a master list of our group on entry #2 below. That way, you can go back to that entry at anytime to see who all is in our group. The week after our cut-off has passed, I can make a spreadsheet of all the info., organized by deck for convenience and email it to those who are participating.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Also, you might bring a couple of zip ties to help attach your FE. Some people have commented, unfortunately, that theirs have walked away. BUT thats a lot less likely if its attached with a zip tie (just dont forget scissors or clippers to cut the zip tie when you're going home!)

All gifts should be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Saturday, July 26th and early evening on Tuesday, August 5th. That will give people time to still be able to pack their bags on Thursday (they usually have to be outside cabin doors by 10:30 that evening) before we leave the ship on Friday morning.

Our group will close Monday, May 26th (2 months prior to sail date). This allows people plenty of time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

I'm just getting us started and organized, so if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post!! Can't wait to see everyone!

Hi, we will be on this cruise and I will fill out our details a bit later, I just wanted to point out that we leave the ship on the Thursday morning not Friday so you might want to put the cutoff date for gifts a day earlier. Also thanks for getting this up and running so early. Joy.:thumbsup2

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list ;)

Have a great cruise!

Joy, welcome and thanks so much for pointing out the last delivery date issue -- clearly I hadn't thougt that one through so I really appreciated the help. SO GLAD your coming!!! I hate to admit it but I've already spent an obscene amount of time researching the ports and researching potential EF gifts. Jesssssss this is going to be a long year and a half.:hourglass

woohooo that's three families. I will start the excel sheet tomorrow and send it via PM to those who have signed up to see if you're happy.

So excited!! :bitelip:

woohooo that's three families. I will start the excel sheet tomorrow and send it via PM to those who have signed up to see if you're happy.

So excited!! :bitelip:

Are you going to post a link to your list here, so we can check it from time to time?
PMs fill up quickly (at least for me and I have to delete them again), so a list we have access to would be awesome.

Signing up :yay:
Me - Joy
DH - Dave
DD - Maya 15
From the UK, I will add our cabin number later, thanks.

We've booked this cruise and are very excited!! This will be our fourth Disney cruise -- we love participating in Fish Extender. Sign us up!!

-- DISboard username: sarahste
-- Cabin #: 1060
-- Family:
DW: Sarah S. (sarahste)
DH: Tom O.
DD: Shelby S. (15-girl)
DS: T.J. O. (10-boy)
-- Celebrating T.J.'s upcoming 11th birthday; Sarah and Tom's 12th anniversary; Shelby's success in high school
-- Any food allergies, etc.: no fish

Thanks! We are already thinking up our FE ideas. Loads of fun!!

See you in 15 months!!

-- Sarah :cool1:

If you'd like to join, please post the following information and be sure to subscribe to this thread to receive updates:

-- DISboard username-gatacmke
-- cabin # - 2134
-- Family Last Name -Forrest
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G) Laura(Mom), Jane(Nana), Kordell (B) 15, Jayden (B) 13
-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies Jayden- all dairy & coconut, Jane-coconut

this will be the second cruise for "nanny and grandad" and our first, cannot wait, we would love to join the fish extender group please

morgwyn-- DISboard username
will fill this in in next couple of days-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
lingley-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
Nicky, Christian, Morgan B(14) Bronwyn G( 12 ) -- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
will have a think and fill in!-- Favorite Disney character for each of the people in your cabin, if any (this helps if people make gifts specific to the people in the room)
nothing just our first cruise yipee!!!!-- Any special cruise celebrations
none-- Any food allergies, etc

we will get thinking of what our pressies can be!!!:cheer2:

Hi, can we join the FE group please :)

DISboard username - LindseyJane3101
-- Cabin - # 2075
-- Family Last Name - LILLIE
-- First names of those participating - (me) Lindsey; (DH) Nick; DD Emmy age 12; DD Phoebe age 6
-- Favorite Disney character - Lindsey - Donald Duck; Nick - Goofy; Emmy - Can't decide between Ariel or Jack Sparrow; Phoebe - White Rabbit (Alice in Wonderland). Adding FROZEN for both girls too :-)
-- Any special cruise celebrations - 1st ever cruise ::yes::
-- Any food allergies, etc - None

Soooo excited :yay::yay::yay:

Hi all! Falling in DC"Line" here for FE sign up.

--BellFamilyBelles
--I will update stateroom later. Just changed from assigned to GTY. QUESTION: if we upgrade on the ship, how would we let everyone know our new stateroom for FE?
--The Bell's
--DH/DW Dynamic Duo, James & Nedra
--Mickey, Minnie, Phineas and Ferb entire cast, Tinkerbell and Marvel's IronMan
--Celebrating Nedra's 30th Birthday July 18th, this cruise was one of the gifts
--No Allergies

I LOVE gift giving and hope you all enjoy your treats!!!

Hi all! Falling in DC"Line" here for FE sign up.

--BellFamilyBelles
--I will update stateroom later. Just changed from assigned to GTY. QUESTION: if we upgrade on the ship, how would we let everyone know our new stateroom for FE?
--The Bell's
--DH/DW Dynamic Duo, James & Nedra
--Mickey, Minnie, Phineas and Ferb entire cast, Tinkerbell and Marvel's IronMan
--Celebrating Nedra's 30th Birthday July 18th, this cruise was one of the gifts
--No Allergies

I LOVE gift giving and hope you all enjoy your treats!!!

I think that the ship will be sailing full looking at how much the price is going up so your GTY cabin should be assigned several weeks before we sail. But if you get a nice surprise on boarding and your room changes then I think you need to tell whoever it is that takes charge of the FE list. Leave a note at their cabin so that they can pass it on to everyone else or alternatively go around the rooms yourself giving the change details in a note. Most people won't start delivering gifts until the next morning so you will have time.

We had to change our sail date, sorry. Have fun!

Sorry to lose you! Hope you have a wonderful time on your new cruise. :thumbsup2

I just posted this over on the other thread ..........

FE list - the OP, Fitzpat, has not been here in 7 months, so until they return I am posting the link to the FE list I keep over on FB.

Fitzpat - I do NOT want to take over, but since I already have a list I will post the link to it, so that everyone can keep track. If you want to use my list as yours that is fine with me! :goodvibes

FE LIST

Please let me know if the link works for everyone and if all the information is correct!

Hi Everyone!

We just booked this cruise today!

This will be our first cruise ever! But we totally want to participate in the FE. If someone could help me a bit on the rules and possibly what items are a good idea to bring, this newbie would appreciate it!

Username- lilybsmommy
Cabin #- unsure yet, may be two
Family last name- Arnold
Lily (G) age 6 w/ favorite character- Aurora, but honestly, she LOVES any and every one! :)
No special instructions... :)

So excited!

Thank you!!

Hi Everyone!

We just booked this cruise today!

This will be our first cruise ever! But we totally want to participate in the FE. If someone could help me a bit on the rules and possibly what items are a good idea to bring, this newbie would appreciate it!

Username- lilybsmommy
Cabin #- unsure yet, may be two
Family last name- Arnold
Lily (G) age 6 w/ favorite character- Aurora, but honestly, she LOVES any and every one! :)
No special instructions... :)

So excited!

Thank you!!

Welcome!
Great that you chose to join the FE for our cruise.
Please let us know the first names of ALL guests in your stateroom. Some people (like us) like to personalize a few gifts, so first names are good to know. Once I have those I'll put you on the list.

There is a lot of information on the first page of the DCL forum in the FAQ section and you will find all the answers to your FE questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask here and I am sure someone will be around to answer your question. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter