7/25/2013 Med. Mickey's 12 Night Italian Job - with Nice, Valletta and Dubrov !

Did anyone else see this:

This tour is not available for the Disney Magic 12 Night Venice cruises as the Vatican Museums are not available to private groups.

So I checked the Vatican Museum hours-last Sunday of the month is free-it's going to be very, very crowded.........

Opening Hours

Open Monday to Saturday: the Ticket Office is open from 9 am to 4 pm. The Museums close at 6 pm. N.B. exit from rooms half an hour before closing time

Closed
Sunday (except the last Sunday of every month, free entrance from 9 am to 12.30 pm

Hi Everyone!
Well I am back on the boards after a very long break, sorry I haven't had time to read everything that I missed but we did the cruise in 2011 along with the Stewarts and our DD's became firm friends and are looking forward to seeing each other again. We are myself, DH, DS 15, DD 13, DD 10. If it isn't too late we would love to join the FE programme and have we got a meet planned yet?

Good to see you back. Plenty to catch up with on here and never enough time:confused3
E is really looking forward to catching up with L and G again.

MeeskaMooska13 said:
Since we are talking about excursions, I have a question and would love anyone's feedback. Every DCL excursion states that when touring churches, shorts/skirts should cover the knees. It's been several years since I've been to Europe and I remember having to wear pants or skirts (or dresses) in the churches BUT I don't remember them having to cover the knees. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!

My mum travels in Europe a lot and she tells me this is true. Also apparently shoulders should be covered she says. Have to say it puts me right off going in. (what a good catholic girl I am!!!)

Since we are talking about excursions, I have a question and would love anyone's feedback. Every DCL excursion states that when touring churches, shorts/skirts should cover the knees. It's been several years since I've been to Europe and I remember having to wear pants or skirts (or dresses) in the churches BUT I don't remember them having to cover the knees. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!

Hi again. Last time we cruised, I took some 3/4 length trousers (pants). When we visited St John's Co-Cathedral in Valetta I was handed a scarf to cover my shoulders which I handed back when we left. I had the 3/4 trousers on that day so knees were covered. I also have a couple of pairs of "zip off" trousers which can be shorts or 3/4 length. When we took the train to Rome, though, I travelled in shorts and t shirt and didn't get into the Vatican. It would be easy to carry 1 or 2 lightweight scarves or sarongs in a day bag if planned properly.
I hope that helps,
Fiona. :tigger: :earsgirl:

Hi again. Last time we cruised, I took some 3/4 length trousers (pants). When we visited St John's Co-Cathedral in Valetta I was handed a scarf to cover my shoulders which I handed back when we left. I had the 3/4 trousers on that day so knees were covered. I also have a couple of pairs of "zip off" trousers which can be shorts or 3/4 length. When we took the train to Rome, though, I travelled in shorts and t shirt and didn't get into the Vatican. It would be easy to carry 1 or 2 lightweight scarves or sarongs in a day bag if planned properly.
I hope that helps,
Fiona. :tigger: :earsgirl:
Thanks Fiona!

Thanks for the tips! My DD13 and DD11 are balking at the 3/4 length pants so the sarong idea is a great one!

Kim

Just found this on the dis site. I always take a over the door shoe organizer for the bathroom when I travel. Any ideas on what I can use now? What exactly do they mean by magnetic strips? Thanks. Kelly.

4/19/13: The following letter is from Disney Cruise Line and will be placed in guests' staterooms in the next couple of weeks:

Dear Guests,

We are glad that you have joined us aboard the Disney (Choose Ship)!

As you may be aware, it is important to us to keep our facilities looking their best for all our guests. As part of our commitment to this area of focus, we ask that you do not affix anything to your stateroom door utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on our stateroom doors; therefore we ask that you limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

Your attention to this matter will greatly assist us in keeping our shipboard environment looking ship-shape. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Guest Services, Deck 3 Mid-ship.

If interested, magnetic door decorations are available for purchase in our merchandise area. For your convenience, magnetic strips are also available at Guest Services.

We appreciate your cooperation and hope you have an enjoyable sailing.

Sincerely,

Kelly,
I think you might find some ideas in that thread from WebmasterPete. I would paste it here if I knew how. :confused3

A bit of discussion of this on the FB page, but in essence there is a hook n the back of the bathroom door you could use, or try wrapping the hook bit in bubble wrap so there can be no damage, or maybe those super strong suction hooks would work too. If you have a room with a ladder as you potentially have bunk beds you could use that too, unless of course you need to use it to get into bed!

I think the magnets can be purchased on places like Amazon

Celestine

Just received this email from DCL:

"We noticed you had pre-reserved a Port Adventure in Dubrovnik, Croatia and wanted to let you know that recently we learned the ship will arrive in port earlier than planned that day. As such, some Port Adventure meeting and tour times have been adjusted to allow for a better flow and experience ashore."

I checked online and our Port Adventure has been moved one hour and 40 minutes earlier.

Thanks for the ideas about how to modify my organizer. My husband thinks I should just bring less stuff! Your ideas are better. Kelly.

Yay, got the two shore excursions we wanted. Couldn't get Palo brunch as no availability on any days for the 4 of us. Still some availability for the first 2 sea days for 2 people, but none left on last sea day. Happy booking :)

Yay, got the two shore excursions we wanted. Couldn't get Palo brunch as no availability on any days for the 4 of us. Still some availability for the first 2 sea days for 2 people, but none left on last sea day. Happy booking :)

Now that is funny as there were non left on the first sea day for 2 people when i booked at 06.45 this morning but plenty left on the last sea day :confused3 although it wouldnt let me book as it said it clashed with another activity and as i dont have any other activity on that day i am slightly confused :sad2:

Now that is funny as there were non left on the first sea day for 2 people when i booked at 06.45 this morning but plenty left on the last sea day :confused3 although it wouldnt let me book as it said it clashed with another activity and as i dont have any other activity on that day i am slightly confused :sad2:

I booked at 12:01 last night and it wouldn't let me book a second Palo reservation as I had conflict. I don't have anything else booked so I was confused as well. Perhaps they only let you book 1 Palo reservation until everyone has a chance to book in? Kelly.

I booked at 12:01 last night and it wouldn't let me book a second Palo reservation as I had conflict. I don't have anything else booked so I was confused as well. Perhaps they only let you book 1 Palo reservation until everyone has a chance to book in? Kelly.

I think it is only 1 Palo brunch and 1 Palo dinner. If you were trying to book 2 lots of brunch you wouldn't be able to

Celestine

They do hold some tables back to book when you get on board. I suggest you book 2 tables of 2 then when you get onboard you can request to switch it to a table of 4. We have done this in the past.

DH checked wit the frequent travellers at his work who reported no issues using wifi in Italy. He'll check with the pointy headed tech guy on Monday, but otherwise is looking good!

Celestine

Congratulations Kristy_Lou. I was up 9 minutes after you and got an excursion in every port. We spent the last two weeks reviewing, voting, and choosing first, second, and third choices at every port. We may switch some, but I doubt it. Just another expense for the Disney Card.

Not doing DIY excursions this cruise. Yeah, hoping for another in the future. This one, I want as few headaches as possible.

I hope everyone got what they wanted.

DW woke up this morning and I told her I rolled out of bed at 12:10 and already booked. She gave me that look of you are soooo weird - AND how did you get out of bed like that, then go back to sleep. Hey, where Disney is concerned, I can accomplish some unusual things!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter