7/25/13: Planning A Magical Mediterranean Cruise!

I'm on this adventure too! As for holiday reading, I just read Dan Brown's Inferno which is mostly set in Florence and Venice and looking forward to recognising the landmarks from the books!

That's what I love about reading books and watching movies that take place in the countries you're visiting, plus they make me really excited for this trip :goodvibes

We are on this trip too. I also started a trip report although it is already on the Trip Reports board because I wasn't even really aware there was such a thing as a pre trip reports board! Here's a link to my report - it will be fun to compare and relive our experiences when all it's all over!

Mel
x

I've just checked the weather for our ports up until Venice, it looks like it'll be sunny and comfortable everywhere except for Villefranche :( It's supposed to rain there mid day, don't know for how long though.

Just checked the weather network again and the chance of rain on the French Riviera day jumped from 40% last night to now 70%! Hopefully it'll change back as it gets closer to our trip.

Hi everyone! It's now only 3 days until we leave!! I can't believe I'm actually saying that..it feels like we've been planning and dreaming about this trip forever and now it's so close that it doesn't even feel real! It probably won't sink in for me until we get to the airport.. that's when I get butterflies every time and the real "I'm on vacation" feeling starts.

Haven't started packing yet but my suitcase is ready for when I do! I'll probably wait until Monday night to pack because I still need to fit in a little last minute shopping before our trip. We've booked an airport transfer to Pearson for Tuesday morning but haven't decided if we'll take the shuttle or taxi to our hotel in Barcelona. I also need to look into booking tickets for the Sagrada Familia because I want to avoid standing in that line up as much as possible! :thumbsup2

I know I posted about the weather in Villefranche before and for those of you on our cruise, you'll be happy to hear that they're no longer calling for rain and it looks like it'll be a beautiful day! Fingers crossed that it doesn't change!!

I'll keep you guys updated on everything :goodvibes

Just updating here -- we're at the Toronto airport! Our connecting flight to New York got delayed until 3, which would've meant we'd miss our flight from New York to Barcelona, so we had to switch terminals and we're now on standby to get onto a direct Air Canada flight to Barcelona. Sadly we later found out that it's overbooked, so we have to hope that 4 people don't show up to get on this one, or we have to wait until 10 tonight and take a flight to Madrid, which means we wouldn't get to Barcelona until 3ish.

We really want to get onto the direct flight, if not we'll be waiting here for a really long time and we'll miss out on half of our day in Barcelona. Hoping for the best.

We're in Barcelona!! It's gorgeous here--we got the direct flight and landed in at 7:30. The view from the plane was breathtaking. Today we explored the area around our hotel and tomorrow we're boarding the DISNEY MAGIC!! :lovestruc

I'd better get some sleep now, but I am so excited to get on the ship. For everyone else that's going on our cruise have a great trip.

Hi everyone, it's been a few weeks since we got off the ship and we had a great time. I do plan on writing a Trip Report but I don't know when it'll be since I've been busy with work and getting things done since we've gotten back. But I assure you it'll happen eventually! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter