7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner?? We don't have time for dinner. We have places to go, people to see!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Our boat trip is from 6:30 to 7:30 and back at the ship at 8:00. The girls are going to be hungry.............

Dinner in port? YOu must be crazy woman, that's what bringing snacks is all about.

My DH is like that he can go for hours without eating and then eat a huge meal at the end of the day. Me, I get headaches and grumpy if I go too many hours without food:rolleyes1
St P. is the only port I was thinking of eating dinner in as we arrive kinda late on the first day.
I grew up with my parents really pushing us kids to try new food:confused3
They loved to try new restaurants-it's just what I grew up with I guess.

My DH and DS will eat almost anything:scared:
My DD and I are a bit more picky:rolleyes1

Definately not the reason for the beach meet there. I didn't know this but it certainly doesn't surprise me especially after hearing the 'sights' people saw while on tours in Berlin. Let's just say.....the men don't wear much if anything while 'hanging' out at the parks in Berlin. :scared: Yup, that's the sights you might be seeing in Berlin.
At least the one park we drove by in StP the old people were wearing a little something. Not the sight we all wanted to see there either. :scared1: :scared:

I never gave it any thought since we didn't walk very far on the beach. But if it was posted on the signs we couldn't read them anyways.

When I found the blog I was thrilled to see such a nice layout of pics and recaps. My DH and I were saying "we have to get a better camera".
The part about the nude beach barely registered as I figured "well that's Europe".

So those who have been there what are the things you think will shock or surprise us "yankees";)

Can I throw this quote out from the trip report Laurie shared with us?

Warnemunde "This little town had a very nice beach....also a nude beach!"

About that little meet on the beach.......bring LOTS of suntan lotion!:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2::cool1::lmao::rotfl2:

Now I know why you all do not want to go to Berlin.......

whilst on the subject, :goodvibes

■Bierschinken—a large slicing sausage with chunks of ham and pistachios
■Bierwurst—coarse-textured slicing sausage flavored with juniper berries and cardamom
■Blutwurst—blood sausage, which comes in many varieties; it is eaten sliced and cold or fried like black pudding
■Bockwurst—smoked and scalded, usually made from finely ground veal; spiced with chives and parsley; resembles a large frankfurter; gently heat in liquid before eating; traditionally served with Bock beer, especially in the spring
■Bratwurst—a pale, smoked sausage made of finely minced veal, pork, ginger, nutmeg and other spices; usually comes raw and must be cooked, but precooked bratwurst is also available (reheat before serving)
■Braunschweiger—a spreadable smoked liver sausage enriched with eggs and milk; the most well known of the liverwurst sausages
■Cervelat—similar to Italian salami, a slicing sausage of pork and beef, spices and often mustard or garlic; Thuringer is a common variety of German cervelat
■Frankfurter—the genuine German variety (not the same as an American frankfurter) contains finely chopped lean pork with a bit of salted bacon fat, and is smoked; reheat in simmering liquid
■Knockwurst; knackwurst—a short, plump smoked sausage needing poaching or grilling; contains finely minced lean pork, beef, spices and, notably, garlic; often served with sauerkraut
■Wienerwurst—believed to be the origin of American frankfurter; beef and pork flavored with coriander and garlic
■Weisswurst—German for "white sausage" and is very pale and delicately flavored; made of veal, sometimes beef and pork, cream and eggs; a specialty of Munich and traditionally served at Oktoberfest with rye bread, sweet mustard and of course, beer.

Now I know why you all do not want to go to Berlin.......

whilst on the subject, :goodvibes

■Bierwurst—coarse-textured slicing sausage flavored with juniper berries and cardamom
■Blutwurst—blood sausage, which comes in many varieties; it is eaten sliced and cold or fried like black pudding
■Bockwurst—smoked and scalded, usually made from finely ground veal; spiced with chives and parsley; resembles a large frankfurter; gently heat in liquid before eating; traditionally served with Bock beer, especially in the spring
■Bratwurst—a pale, smoked sausage made of finely minced veal, pork, ginger, nutmeg and other spices; usually comes raw and must be cooked, but precooked bratwurst is also available (reheat before serving)
■Braunschweiger—a spreadable smoked liver sausage enriched with eggs and milk; the most well known of the liverwurst sausages
■Cervelat—similar to Italian salami, a slicing sausage of pork and beef, spices and often mustard or garlic; Thuringer is a common variety of German cervelat
■Frankfurter—the genuine German variety (not the same as an American frankfurter) contains finely chopped lean pork with a bit of salted bacon fat, and is smoked; reheat in simmering liquid
■Knockwurst; knackwurst—a short, plump smoked sausage needing poaching or grilling; contains finely minced lean pork, beef, spices and, notably, garlic; often served with sauerkraut
■Wienerwurst—believed to be the origin of American frankfurter; beef and pork flavored with coriander and garlic
■Weisswurst—German for "white sausage" and is very pale and delicately flavored; made of veal, sometimes beef and pork, cream and eggs; a specialty of Munich and traditionally served at Oktoberfest with rye bread, sweet mustard and of course, beer.

All Hale Roz The Sausage King!:worship::worship::worship:

Or is it weaner envy?:scared1::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

Lets see if this works.

DCL private signature tour prices, Baltic all ports.

Oslo

Private Car HD English Speaking Driver 4 Hours 1 - 4 pax $699
Private Car FD English Speaking Driver 8 Hours 1 - 4 pax $1,299
Private Car HD Driver & English Speaking Guide 4 Hours 1 - 3 pax $1,299
Private Car FD Driver & English Speaking Guide 8 Hours 1 - 3 pax $2,299

Private Van/Mini-Bus HD English Speaking Driver 4 Hours 1 - 12 pax $1,099
Private Van/Mini-Bus FD English Speaking Driver 8 Hours 1 - 12 pax $1,999
Private Van/Mini-Bus HD Driver & English Speaking Guide 4 Hours 1 - 11 pax $1,699
Private Van/Mini-Bus FD Driver & English Speaking Guide 8 Hours 1 - 11 pax $2,999

Wheelchair Vehicles HD English Speaking Driver 4 Hours Maximum of 2 Wheelchairs and 11 Guests (driver only) and 2 Wheelchairs and 10 Guests (driver and guide) $1,099

Wheelchair Vehicles FD English Speaking Driver 8 Hours Maximum of 2 Wheelchairs and 11 Guests (driver only) and 2 Wheelchairs and 10 Guests (driver and guide) $2,199

Wheelchair Vehicles HD Driver & English Speaking Guide 4 Hours Maximum of 2 Wheelchairs and 11 Guests (driver only) and 2 Wheelchairs and 10 Guests (driver and guide) $1,699

Wheelchair Vehicles FD Driver & English Speaking Guide 8 Hours Maximum of 2 Wheelchairs and 11 Guests (driver only) and 2 Wheelchairs and 10 Guests (driver and guide) $3,199

Copenhagen

Private Car HD Driver only 4.00 1 - 3 pax $999
Private Car FD Driver only 8.00 1 - 3 pax $1,899
Private Car HD Driver & Guide 4.00 1 - 2 pax $1,499
Private Car FD Driver & Guide 8.00 1 - 2 pax $2,999
Private Van HD Driver only 4.00 1 - 7 pax $1,099
Private Van FD Driver only 8.00 1 - 7 pax $2,199
Private Van HD Driver & Guide 4.00 1 - 6 pax $1,599
Private Van FD Driver & Guide 8.00 1 - 6 pax $3,199

Warnemude (Train to Berlin + Car in Berlin only)

Berlin Private Vehicles with Premium Train service FD (7 hrs in Berlin) - Driver Only
Sedan 1-3 Pax Signature Adventure
Rate includes the additional services onboard the train
Reserved train compartment and upgraded train service (food and beverage) 12.5-13 1 pax $1,449

2 pax $1,599

3 pax $1,749

Berlin Private Vehicles with Premium Train service FD (7 hrs in Berlin) - Driver Only

Mini Van 1-6 Pax Signature Adventure

Reserved train compartment and upgraded train service (food and beverage) 12.5-13 1 pax $1,749

2 pax $1,899
3 pax $2,049
4 pax $2,199
5 pax $2,349
6 pax $2,499

Mini Bus 1-16 pax Signature Adventure
Reserved train compartment and upgraded train service (food and beverage) 12.5-13 1 pax $2,849
2 pax $2,999
3 pax $3,149
4 pax $3,299
5 pax $3,449
6 pax $3,599
7 pax $3,749
8 pax $3,899
9 pax $4,049
10 pax $4,199
11 pax $4,349
12 pax $4,499
13 pax $4,649
14 pax $4,799
15 pax $4,949
16 pax $5,099

Warnemude ( Car all the way)

Private Car HD Driver/Guide 4.00 1 - 3 pax $950
Private Car FD Driver/Guide 8.00 1 - 3 pax $1,399
Private Van HD Driver/Guide 4.00 1 - 6 pax $1,099
Private Van FD Driver/Guide 8.00 1 - 6 pax $1,499
Private Mini Bus HD Driver & Guide 4.00 1 - 16 pax $1,699
Private Mini Bus FD Driver & Guide 8.00 1 - 16 pax $2,099

Wheelchair Van - Driver only - HD (not guaranteed English Speaking Driver) 4.00 Max 2 Guests w/ wheelchairs + 2 additional Guests $799

Wheelchair Van - Driver only - FD (not guaranteed English Speaking Driver) 8.00 Max 2 Guests w/ wheelchairs + 2 additional Guests $1,599

Wheelchair Van - Driver and Guide - HD 4.00 Max 2 Guests w/ wheelchairs + 2 additional Guests $1,050

Wheelchair Van - Driver and Guide - FD 8.00 Max 2 Guests w/
wheelchairs + 2 additional Guests $1,850

St Petersburg

Private Car with English Speaking Guide
Half day rates include one Museum entrance EXCLUDING Hermitage and Peterhof.
Guests must have a driver and Guide. The driver only option is not available. 4 Hrs Includes Private Driver & English Speaking Guide

1 - 3 guests $495.00
Full day rates include one Museum entrance EXCLUDING Hermitage and Peterhof.
Guests must have a driver and Guide. The driver only option is not available. 8 Hrs Includes Private Driver & English Speaking Guide

1 - 3 guests $799.00
Private Mini-Van with English Speaking Guide
Guests must have a driver and Guide. The driver only option is not available. 4 Hrs Includes Private Driver & English Speaking Guide

1 - 9 guests $1,099.00
Full day rates include one Museum entrance EXCLUDING Hermitage and Peterhof.
Guests must have a driver and Guide. The driver only option is not available. 8 Hrs Includes Private Driver & English Speaking Guide

1 - 9 guests $1,799.00
Private Mini-Bus with English Speaking Guide

1 - 16 guests $1,299.00
Private Mini-Bus with English Speaking Guide

1 - 16 guests $2,199.00

Stockholm

Private Car HD Driver only 4.00 1 - 3 pax $899
Private Car FD Driver only 8.00 1 - 3 pax $1,799
Private Car HD Driver & Guide 4.00 1 - 2 pax $1,499
Private Car FD Driver & Guide 8.00 1 - 2 pax $2,999
Private Van HD Driver only 4.00 1 - 7 pax $999
Private Van FD Driver only 8.00 1 - 7 pax $1,999
Private Van HD Driver & Guide 4.00 1 - 6 pax $1,599
Private Van FD Driver & Guide 8.00 1 - 6 pax $3,199

Wheelchair Vehicles w/Driver- HD 4.00 Max 2 Guests with wheelchairs + 4 additional Guests $1,099

Wheelchair Vehicles w/Driver - FD 8.00 Max 2 Guests with wheelchairs + 4 additional Guests $2,199

Wheelchair Vehicles w/Driver & Guide - HD 4.00 Max 2 Guests with wheelchairs + 4 additional Guests $1,699

Wheelchair Vehicles w/Driver - FD 8.00 Max 2 Guests with wheelchairs + 4 additional Guests $3,299

This is great:thumbsup2
Now when my dd wants a hot dog we know which ones to order:laughing:

OK, who is going to do planning of excursions for Andrew, the girls and I? I know Laurie is helping me out with St Petersburg :hug:, but what about all the other ports? You guys are all so orginized!

Caro I bought the Rick Steves Scandinavia guide yesterday that Karen was posting about. It has a nice overview of many of the ports we are visiting. I found it at Barnes and Noble right next to the old version so make sure you get the one published in Jan 2010 (edition 12 I think).

I wound up taking a highlighter to the page edges of the sections that applied to our ports to make it easier to find what I needed. Basically came to the conclusion that hop on hop off buses were a really good idea and saved a lot of money over the DCL excursions:goodvibes

Someone on one of the Baltic threads advised the Oslo card as being the most practical of the port cards available (that kind of depends on what you want to see). It will get you into many of the main museums and tourist spots for a single price-so how much you save is very much up to how much you use it.

Sorry if I am just repeating stuff you already know...but there really isn't anything that I have found must be reserved in advance for the other ports:confused3

I think St P and Berlin on the ones that if you are doing private tours need to be planned in advance. The other ports you can wait on to plan- I think...unless I'm missing something...anyone else with specific plans for the Scandinavian ports?:confused3

Caro I bought the Rick Steves Scandinavia guide yesterday that Karen was posting about. It has a nice overview of many of the ports we are visiting. I found it at Barnes and Noble right next to the old version so make sure you get the one published in Jan 2010 (edition 12 I think).

I wound up taking a highlighter to the page edges of the sections that applied to our ports to make it easier to find what I needed. Basically came to the conclusion that hop on hop off buses were a really good idea and saved a lot of money over the DCL excursions:goodvibes

Someone on one of the Baltic threads advised the Oslo card as being the most practical of the port cards available (that kind of depends on what you want to see). It will get you into many of the main museums and tourist spots for a single price-so how much you save is very much up to how much you use it.

Sorry if I am just repeating stuff you already know...but there really isn't anything that I have found must be reserved in advance for the other ports:confused3

I think St P and Berlin on the ones that if you are doing private tours need to be planned in advance. The other ports you can wait on to plan- I think...unless I'm missing something...anyone else with specific plans for the Scandinavian ports?:confused3

I haven't been able to figure out if the Oslo pass covers the Hop On bus. I played with some of the entrance fees of places we may be interested in and I think the pass is a good idea. It also saves from having to have local money to get into sites.

Our boat ride doesn't say anything about it being private. Maybe we can request to go on the same boat since it's for the same time.

Dinner in port? YOu must be crazy woman, that's what bringing snacks is all about.

Bring snacks and they will be fine.
If we are on the same boat tour the kids can all whine together about being hungry. Plus we can threaten them if they whine too much about it we'll throw them into the river and it's not pretty water. :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

I am meeting with the in-laws on the 15th to work some plans. I had sent the original itinerary to them and my sil thought it looked good. I just added the boat trip last time I contacted Anastasia. So let me make sure they want to do the boat too and that would be fine with me to share a boat.

OK, who is going to do planning of excursions for Andrew, the girls and I? I know Laurie is helping me out with St Petersburg :hug:, but what about all the other ports? You guys are all so orginized!

YOu can always join us for the Viking tour in Stockholm!

Celestine

I haven't been able to figure out if the Oslo pass covers the Hop On bus. I played with some of the entrance fees of places we may be interested in and I think the pass is a good idea. It also saves from having to have local money to get into sites.

:thumbsup2

The less we have to worry about the local money the better:thumbsup2

What viking tour? What video?:confused3

gotta find it then I'll post it

Celestine found the website of the company that is doing the DCL tours in Stockholm, the website had a video

I just laugh everytime I think of DH's response when he was watching it over my shoulder

"COOL"

:rotfl:

Just out of curiosity...

how many folks are lurking out there:rolleyes1

I've been lurking around here for a while. You've all provided VERY valuable information during this planning stage.

I've been able to secure a booking with TJ Travel in St. Petersburg, and have found a good amount of info. about the HOHO buses and city cards for the rest of the ports. I think we are just going to wander around Warnemunde instead of heading over to Berlin.

Now that our St. Petersburg planning is done, the only other major thing we need to plan is our two days in London and getting to Dover (already e-mailed Celestine about the bus).

Bridget

I've been lurking around here for a while. You've all provided VERY valuable information during this planning stage.

I've been able to secure a booking with TJ Travel in St. Petersburg, and have found a good amount of info. about the HOHO buses and city cards for the rest of the ports. I think we are just going to wander around Warnemunde instead of heading over to Berlin.

Now that our St. Petersburg planning is done, the only other major thing we need to plan is our two days in London and getting to Dover (already e-mailed Celestine about the bus).

Bridget

Now you need to share all your plans and ideas with us to help the rest of us out. :flower3:
Don't be a stranger, we won't bite.....too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter