7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

You are most welcome. It was fun, even if Francois was not the best waiter to have for a large party. Unfortunately we also had him for dinner with a party of 8 and he wasn't much better.

That is really a suprise for Palo. You can chalk once up to just a bad day, but twice? We actually spoke with Francois' girlfriend in Sessions. We knew her from previous cruises so Tom felt he could tell her that Francois needs to be a little more attentive and personable. She said she appreciated the critique and would tell him. She says he is too shy, even with her. I think they are cross training so many of their good people for the Dream (Sasha was pulled from Palo starting with our cruise as he is training to be head server), that maybe people who aren't server caliber are being put in those positions.

You are most welcome. It was fun, even if Francois was not the best waiter to have for a large party. Unfortunately we also had him for dinner with a party of 8 and he wasn't much better.

Pietro was cetainly hovering in the room quite a bit I noticed!

It was great to meet a few of you fellow "dis"ers. Although I'm not an active poster, I felt like I knew all of you because I've followed along for the past year or so.

Thank you Paul & Celestine for arranging the transportation. It saved us a pocketful & that was appreciated since we almost fell over board when we got our stateroom portfolio!:scared1:

Our favorite port, although so short, was Sweden. We too loved the ice bar, but I enjoyed the trip through the archipelagos...what breath-taking scenery!
Oslo would be a close second... beautiful tall pines, quaint houses will grass on the rooftops. Friendly people. Berlin was the most interesting with all the history which I'm still trying to comprehend (brain overload).

Our servers Fernando from Chile & Ivelina from Bulgaria were awesome. Fitz the Head server was a kick!

Also, if anyone is interested in taking a short Disney cruise, there is a secret 2-day cruise out of Los Angeles... a cruise to Neverland (really, it's to no where). It's a weekend excursion and not too expensive for a winter getaway. When the boat comes through the panama canal and before it starts it's 7 day runs to Mexico, there is a 2 night cruise. It's a way to earn more cruises toward Gold status!

Alaska anyone?

~janie

Also, if anyone is interested in taking a short Disney cruise, there is a secret 2-day cruise out of Los Angeles... a cruise to Neverland (really, it's to no where). It's a weekend excursion and not too expensive for a winter getaway. When the boat comes through the panama canal and before it starts it's 7 day runs to Mexico, there is a 2 night cruise. It's a way to earn more cruises toward Gold status!

Alaska anyone?

~janie
More info on the 2 day out of LA... how does one book the "secret" cruise???

I'm very jealous of you all and hope you all had a great time on the Baltic Ballyhoo... We were REALLY sad we had to cancel and miss it.

You're quite welcome, we had fun doing it.

We did stay there. I didn't like that we had to pay 40% more because we weren't European citizens...I didn't think that was fair. We thought that it was qiute similar to Disney World (only smaller and longer lines than we are used to because of the time of year we often go to Disney World).

Wow, I had never heard that ! 40%, pffw, thats a lot !..We usually book with discount from our shareholders or yearpass (15% off) but sometimes it's just more interesting to book a promotion with a touroperator (last year, they gave 50% discount on select rooms, entrance incl, so we had a lot of daytickets we couldn't use because we had a yearpass):confused3

It was great to meet a few of you fellow "dis"ers. Although I'm not an active poster, I felt like I knew all of you because I've followed along for the past year or so.

Thank you Paul & Celestine for arranging the transportation. It saved us a pocketful & that was appreciated since we almost fell over board when we got our stateroom portfolio!:scared1:

Our favorite port, although so short, was Sweden. We too loved the ice bar, but I enjoyed the trip through the archipelagos...what breath-taking scenery!
Oslo would be a close second... beautiful tall pines, quaint houses will grass on the rooftops. Friendly people. Berlin was the most interesting with all the history which I'm still trying to comprehend (brain overload).

Our servers Fernando from Chile & Ivelina from Bulgaria were awesome. Fitz the Head server was a kick!

Alaska anyone?

~janie

More info on the 2 day out of LA... how does one book the "secret" cruise???

I'm very jealous of you all and hope you all had a great time on the Baltic Ballyhoo... We were REALLY sad we had to cancel and miss it.
The 2 day cruise is actually sold out.

We are home, walked into house with a busted pipe in the bathroom, oh the joy - water everywhere

Hi all we are back had a marathon travel day yesterday from Barcelona through Heathrow & back to Boston:headache:

Hated to leave the ship!

Nice meeting most of you!:thumbsup2

Met Scottishwee on the repo very nice lady & family!

Thank you Paul & Celestine for the transportation & the scrumpy!:thumbsup2
Hope to cruise with you again!:thumbsup2

Unfortunately only 2 bottles made it back as I drank the rest!:lovestruc

Welcome back Marla and Robert.

Pixie dust to you Marla. Hopefully the damage wasn't too bad.

Robert, impressive that you brought back ANY bottles. :lmao::lmao:

water water water everywhere and not a drop to drink

carpet is ruined throughout the house - will have to get it dried out some before it can even be removed -

and our phone line is wacked too -

can see spending lots of time on phone dealing with insurance company and etc

carpet is ruined throughout the house - will have to get it dried out some before it can even be removed -

Sending you some pixie dust to help.

Celestine

Hi all we are back had a marathon travel day yesterday from Barcelona through Heathrow & back to Boston:headache:

Hated to leave the ship!

Glad to hear you all made it home! That does sound like quite the trip home.

UGH! What a mess to come home too.

Robert you actually had Scrumpy leftover?!? I can't believe it. I guess the sea days were too cool for you to enjoy a cold drink. :rotfl2:

Marla sorry to hear of your water problems. Hope nothing else was ruined and you can get things back to order fairly quickly. :grouphug:

Robert you actually had Scrumpy leftover?!? I can't believe it. I guess the sea days were too cool for you to enjoy a cold drink. :rotfl2:

Ah yes on the first cruise, but the repo was nice & toasty!:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Marla hope you have it all under control now!

I was so rattled yesterday to say how nice it was to meet everyone and if we didn't meet up, sorry that we didn't

I know Kara had fun with everyone

Also, thank you for all of the nice FE gifts, it was fun to come back and find goodies. All of the snack items were great too, as we 'saved' them for our lovely train trip from Calai to Disneyland Paris (that is a story just within itself). Also thanks to Caropooh and family for the water, every time we drank a bottle we thought of you all

Got to post office for mail (and a couple of boxes that we mailed home also arrived already), and bank. Also have called the insurance company and have a claim number, so I can start calling people to have the carpets dried out so they can be removed and the plumber - oh the joy of home ownership

Marla,

Sorry to hear about your burst water pipes. Hope insurance covers it. Glad you both made it home safely.

Sandy

Hated to leave the ship!

Robert,

So glad to hear you enjoyed the repo. Scottish Wee and family are nice. We did some private excursions with them in 2007 on our Med cruise.

Enjoy that Scrumpy :thumbsup2

Sandy

Marla, good luck with your insurance company. Hope everything works out smoothly for you. We came home from vacation to a burst pipe on the back of our refrigerator one vacation. Not fun at all.

We booked this one too. At 20% off it's a tremendous deal.
I think the flights are going to be killer though.

Yes, the flight was almost the worst part of this trip for us. We are willing to pay premium for DCL - we came back and did look at other cruise lines as we often do (add on trips, not to replace DCL) but the poor kids programs always make us turn away. One even said kids under 18 could not go to the pool on their own! Are they nuts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter