7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

We're leaving for airport in three hours. The children have been fabulous helping with the packing. I'm so proud! Back to making sure we have toothpaste, deodorant, etc. Never hurts to double check!!
Safe travels everyone!
Beth

Despite the weather reports, today was dry but very windy. Spent a wonderful day at Windsor & Eton with our friends who are still going despite only arriving from San Fransisco at 0700!!! Off to our local curry house in an hour & then early night ready for a full day in London tomorrow

Celestine

4.5 more hours of work :hourglass

Babystep to 5 o'clock..... then it's off to final packing. Heard from my parents (scrapycruisers). They made it to London!

Yesterday we tried to see the changing of the guard but a car caught on fire and exploded right in front of the castle causing a bomb scare so it was all cancelled. Going to try again tomorrow. We did get to do the open bus tour during one of the few times it was not raining so that was nice. Found the Disney store on Oxford Street - right across from the Bond Street stop on the central line (at least I think it was Bond). The toy museum was interesting but probalby not worth the time if you are very limited. British Museum was huge but got to see the Rosetta Stone and the mummies :thumbsup2

Spent today at Hever Castle and Leeds Castle. DW is enjoying the castles much more than London itself - but she is glad we are seeing it. DD bounces back and forth between being enthralled and bored. We are all enjoying England but we are definitely looking forward to getting on the ship in a couple of days. The White Cliffs in Dover were really cool and we are looking forward to seeing them again. Tomorrow is London for Changing of the guard, Kenssington and Buckingham palaces and the Tower of London for the Key Ceremony and then Saturday is Stonehenge and Bath.

See you all on the ship!

Yesterday we tried to see the changing of the guard but a car caught on fire and exploded right in front of the castle causing a bomb scare so it was all cancelled. Going to try again tomorrow. We did get to do the open bus tour during one of the few times it was not raining so that was nice. Found the Disney store on Oxford Street - right across from the Bond Street stop on the central line (at least I think it was Bond). The toy museum was interesting but probalby not worth the time if you are very limited. British Museum was huge but got to see the Rosetta Stone and the mummies :thumbsup2

Spent today at Hever Castle and Leeds Castle. DW is enjoying the castles much more than London itself - but she is glad we are seeing it. DD bounces back and forth between being enthralled and bored. We are all enjoying England but we are definitely looking forward to getting on the ship in a couple of days. The White Cliffs in Dover were really cool and we are looking forward to seeing them again. Tomorrow is London for Changing of the guard, Kenssington and Buckingham palaces and the Tower of London for the Key Ceremony and then Saturday is Stonehenge and Bath.

See you all on the ship!

Yes, Disney store is opposite Bond Street tube. Your itinery is leaving me feeling tired! Glad you're having a great time & packing lots in - hope the ceremony tomorrow is worth the difficulty in trying to get tickets for you all!!!

Celestine

Posting because the hotel waved the 20 pound a day internet charge because theycould not give us connecting rooms:headache:

Arrived Wednesday evening no problems, went to Buckingham Palace today saw the changing of the guard, then did the London Eye, & Madame Tusseads! We went out for Indian food for dinner & ordered too much because the server kept pushing & saying individual serving's!:mad:

Not Mad about the extra food Mad about the extra $$$$$$!

Anyway tomorro is London Tower & then river cruise & Saturday is shopping!

Hope all your travel's go well & we will see you on the Magic if I can still stand after Paul & Celestine get through trying to scrumpy me!;)

See you Sunday Paul & Celestine.!

Just had a severe thunder storm to go with our 107 degree day. Thunder storm come few and far between in southern CA. Quite a strange day. Just stayed home with the ac all day.
It sure is quiet here. I feel like I'm talking to myself!:rolleyes1

Just sayin. The best thing I did on the Baltic was purchase a fan in a gift shop in St. Petersburg. You know, the kind you flip open and fan yourself with. Everyone in the Hermitage later was jealous of the fan. Best 140 rubles I ever spent.

Waving from London

off to breakfast - been seeing lots - very windy at Tower of London and walking across the London Bridge

See everyone on Sunday

Just got out letter about the early departure from Stockholm today, two days before the cruise starts. So glad we read about it here earlier. Almost done packing here, ready for the drive up to Calais and the ferry tomorrow. See everyone else who is driving on the road.

We leave for the airport in 1.5 hrs. Finishing last minute details. Loading up the iPad with movies. DS (Gavin) has his stuffed Captain Mickey in hand. Everyone's ready to go!

Wow it has been pretty slow on the boards caught up in 2 minutes,

DW & kids did not want to get up early so they slept in & we missed the free breakfast!:headache:

So we went across the street to starbaucks for coffee for us & the convenience store for Choclate/Strawberry/ milk & OJ with croisants for the kids!

Then took the 1+ hour bus ride to the tower of London than cruised back to to the London Eye where we caught the bus back to Kensington but the bus driver suggested we wait to the next stop to get off as better restaurant choices for dinner, he also commented on the fact I was not wearing shorts (something about very unamerican:lmao:) on the way back to the hotel we walked down the side of Kensington park where the exclusive residents are including the back of Kensington palace, very posh & nice.

Tommorow we head to Potabello Rd for the flea markets & maybe Harrods!

Oh well getting the right change ready for Celestine have to use a coin as no paper pounds!;)

Wow it has been pretty slow on the boards caught up in 2 minutes,

DW & kids did not want to get up early so they slept in & we missed the free breakfast!:headache:

So we went across the street to starbaucks for coffee for us & the convenience store for Choclate/Strawberry/ milk & OJ with croisants for the kids!

Then took the 1+ hour bus ride to the tower of London than cruised back to to the London Eye where we caught the bus back to Kensington but the bus driver suggested we wait to the next stop to get off as better restaurant choices for dinner, he also commented on the fact I was not wearing shorts (something about very unamerican:lmao:) on the way back to the hotel we walked down the side of Kensington park where the exclusive residents are including the back of Kensington palace, very posh & nice.

Tommorow we head to Potabello Rd for the flea markets & maybe Harrods!

Oh well getting the right change ready for Celestine have to use a coin as no paper pounds!;)

Glad to hear from you Robert! I hope you continue to give updates on your trip as it does get so quiet once everyone is their! Definite must see is Harrods! Try the high tea, the clotted cream with scones is to die for. We did the 4th floor restaurant but I think you can get that in the many others, just depends on what you want to pay. The lower level is a must see also!

We did the Tower of London and Ceremony of the Keys today/tonight. It was extremely interesting and those of you doing it tomorrow night will enjoy it. Be sure to get to the Tower separate from the Key Ceremony though as the Crown Jewels are also worth seeing. There is a pretty good pub at the top of the hill that serves fish and chips, burgers and pizza. The fish and chips and pizza were both extremely good.

Earlier in the day we went to Westminster and I stood on top of Darwin! I know - kind of morbid but I was looking at the tomb of Newton and didn't realize where I was until my wife pointed it out. That place is huge and took a long time to see. We also went to St. Paul's - but we only made it to the halfway point of the dome. Ran out of time :(

Off to Stonehenge/Bath tomorrow and it will be a late night so this will be my last trip update. See you all on the ship and safe travels!

We did the Tower of London and Ceremony of the Keys today/tonight. It was extremely interesting and those of you doing it tomorrow night will enjoy it. Be sure to get to the Tower separate from the Key Ceremony though as the Crown Jewels are also worth seeing. There is a pretty good pub at the top of the hill that serves fish and chips, burgers and pizza. The fish and chips and pizza were both extremely good.

Earlier in the day we went to Westminster and I stood on top of Darwin! I know - kind of morbid but I was looking at the tomb of Newton and didn't realize where I was until my wife pointed it out. That place is huge and took a long time to see. We also went to St. Paul's - but we only made it to the halfway point of the dome. Ran out of time :(

Off to Stonehenge/Bath tomorrow and it will be a late night so this will be my last trip update. See you all on the ship and safe travels!

We were at the Tower of London today too and ate at the same place! We've had a busy 2 days of sightseeing and are really enjoying ourselves. We went on the whole route of the Hop on/Hop Off bus twice and saw the Changing of the Guard too.

We can't wait to be on the ship on Sunday!

I think I am all packed, ready to head out tomorrow morning. It's so quiet here. Glad those of you in London are having a good time. I just remembered something i forgot to pack...................:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter