7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

I have been a serial lurker on here for a while & only just started posting!! Is it too late to join the meet??:woohoo:

I have been a serial lurker on here for a while & only just started posting!! Is it too late to join the meet??:woohoo:
Not at all! Welcome aboard! Join us on Monday at 3:00 in either Diversions or the Atrium!

On our way to LAX in 2 hours, 10 hour flight and we'll touch down in London.
3 bags, only 33 pounds each, and each have a carry on. I feel like I am forgetting something hearing the weight of others.
Gonna be so much fun... Hawaiian Mickey were on our way...
Kay
:yay::yay::yay:

Hope all those travelling today have smooth trips. Please log on in the UK if you can - it will be terribly lonely on here otherwise!:rotfl:

See you all Sunday, or failing that Monday at the DIS meet

Celestine

We will update from the airport as Seatac has free wifi. See you and the family soon .

Haven't had time to review to see if others have noted (internet connection on board is horrible. DON'T BUY lots of minutes).

Anyway... we thought we were missing the horrible heat wave in the US when we started this cruise but warning to all. Baltics is hotter than it's been in years (and bigger warning --it's not built for this weather).

Germany was almost 100 degrees. 'Private first class train' from ship to Berlin was NOT air conditioned. (admittedly, under normal weather you'd never need it to be so not mad at the Mouse for that). But be Warned.... European museums are NOT airconditioned. Prepare for HOT WEATHER. LOTS OF SWEATING.. not the trip we expected (why did we bring these polar fleeces... :rotfl:).

St Petersburg worse for our. Our bus (first day) wasn't air conditioned (i'm speaking to the Mouse about that one as we were the only ones. I think the driver was not honest w/ Disney).

And just finished Helsinki... Gratefully only in the 80's but still hot hot hot.

Mind you, we are still having the cultural experience of a life time but i'd have preferred the cooler, even rainy weather. This is too much heat and it's forecasted to last through your cruise.

So add more shorts and less jackets.

will post more later today

The Weather Channel 10 day forecasts have the temps in the 70's in STP and Berlin. Where did you see that they will stay in the 90's?

We leave for the airport in just over an hour! I'm 99% done with payroll and when I'm done then we are out of here! Safe travels to everyone and see ya on Sunday!

Bags are almost all packed, just a couple more things to throw in them. Now to finish getting the paperwork printed and sorted.

A big THANKS to Everyone that has made this planning so much fun. :thumbsup2

We got in to London mid-day today. Weather was 20 degrees C and looked a bit rainy, but cleared up nicely as we napped this afternoon. Went on the London Eye tonight. We got in as the last flight at 9:30pm. We were literally the last car that got on. The city was beautiful in twilight, and stunning as it got dark. Then we had a lovely stroll along the River Thames. It was refreshingly cool. We needed light jackets. We are staying in a rented apartment right along the river, a 5 min walk from the County Hall Marriot where we are meeting the bus on Sat. See you all then!

We're sitting at the gate! We leave in about an hour! Next stop London! I still can't believe it!

Only 727 more post for another pirate run! Who's with me?:lmao::lmao::rotfl2:
I have a lot of time on my hands for the next 3 days!;)

Welcome!

Methinks there are quite a few Ballyhoo'ers flying over the Atlantic right now. Back to packing. 42 hrs to go. The countdown is on. :surfweb:

Hello? Anyone in here?

Echo!................ Echo!...........

This thread is quickly turning into a ghost town. :)

aloha,
We arrived this morning really early. Had to circle for 40 minutes because the airport was closed. Flight was suppose to be 7hrs and 25min but it ended up to be 6hrs and 15min..
It's cloudy this morning,raining off and on and very windy.
We are staying at the Park Plaza County Hall and across from us is the Park Plaza Westminister Bridge. Going to see if we can drop off our bags there Sunday and have them take them to Dover for us.
Doing the Eye in an hour or so and then off on the river cruise.

aloha,
hawaiian mickey

Hello? Anyone in here?

Echo!................ Echo!...........

This thread is quickly turning into a ghost town. :)

You're not kidding, it is really quiet in here.

We're all packed except for last minute toiletry items. Everything (including my 9 pairs of shoes, minus the sneakers that I'm wearing on the plane) fits into 3 checked bags and two carry-ons with some room to spare. I packed an extra duffle bag to use as my carry-on on the way home and we'll have 4 checked bags (with no extra luggage fees). I still need to weigh them, but I think they'll be fine.

Of course, we don't leave until tomorrow after work.....though, I am leaving work early. The plan for tonight is to clean the house up a bit, maybe do some laundry so I have clean work clothes when I get back, & grab a couple items for the cats.

I'm so ready to be out of here and jealous of everyone who's already left or there. :rolleyes: Safe travels to everyone!!

Just finishing up at work in the next couple of hours. We leave for the airport at 4:30PM today. Wouldn't you know it...they are predicting thunderstorms with chance of hail for this afternoon/early evening. :confused3 Well, at least we have a non-stop flight and don't need to worry about connections.

Thanks for those posting from London already about the weather, directions to Porters, etc. Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow at London Eye/ Porters.

Will be interesting to see if that one predictor of hot weather is correct or not :confused: I think we'll be comfortable with what we have packed. I'm hoping our large checked piece of luggage is not overweight. Can't find my luggage scale, can you believe it:laughing:

See you all real soon. Safe travels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter