7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

I'll be waving Gina :wave2:
I live about 5 miles from Dulles:goodvibes
Quoting myself because I finally realized that I'm not going to be home tomorrow night to wave to Gina :blush:

We are not getting in until about 8:00pm London time on Friday. We wanted to do it Saturday, but probably even longer lines.
Try early on Saturday for the London Eye like Celestine suggested:thumbsup2

Went into London yesterday to see some stuff and did the Eye/Cruise/Porters thing. For those of you doing it - nobody had any clue where Porters was and when we called Porters to get directions the gal working there gave us vastly incorrect directions that ended up with us on the wrong side of the river so here you go:

Turn left as you get off the eye/cruise. Go to the train bridge (first bridge you come to) and go up and walk accross it (yes there is a pedestrian part of it). Go through the train station and then (I apologize for this part) turn right and go 1 block, turn left and go 1 block, turn right and go 1 block, turn left and go 1 block, turn right and you should be on the street with Porters (Henrietta) and it should be a couple of buildings down. At a minimum this will hopefully get you in the correct area at least. About a 10-15 minute walk is all.

Today we went out to see the Cantebury Cathedral and Dover castle. We got lost in the city center of Cantebury and I somehow ended up driving - yes DRIVING through the pedestrian mall there. Kept running into dead ends where they had the big bars so that a car couldn't get from the street into it. Finally found a way back out but that was....fun :scared1:

Back to London tomorrow for the changing of the guard and other stuff. Safe travels everyone and if you find yourself driving through a pedestrian mall you can safely smile knowing you are not alone! :)

Oh that sounds like something I would do:rolleyes1

Thanks so much for the directions to Porters:hug:
Copying them right now:thumbsup2

So relieved and excited ...
My rechargeable batteries for my cochlear mplant came today:banana:
These batteries are moisture resistant so I don't have to worry if it rains:cool1:

So looking forward to hearing you all:goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Completely packed ! We leave out of Dulles tomorrow evening !

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the "Greet" ! Also, wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful tips and for making the last 12+ months pass a little faster ! :surfweb: :cool1:

Now, let's go have fun !!!:dance3:

Yes, safe travels to all. Can't wait to meet everyone and put faces with names. We just printed our boarding passes. :banana:

Thats what we have the flexi fast track for Thursday! We leave bright & early tomorrow morning!:cool1: Of course they are predicting heavy rain untill 6AM!:headache:

Scrumpy here we come ! :drinking1::thumbsup2:rotfl2:

Safe travels, Robert. :wizard:

Yep all done, now finding out what I left in the other house!:headache:

No time oh well if I really want it we will go to Harrods!:laughing::thumbsup2

I'm realizing what I should have brought up from FL. :headache: I think I'll go to Kohl's rather than wait until Harrod's to pick up a couple of things. I have the time to do that.

Have a safe and quiet flight. :dance3: :grouphug: :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Quoting myself because I finally realized that I'm not going to be home tomorrow night to wave to Gina :blush:
Wave as you are passing thru the most expensive section of I-95, the DE/MD line. We are 5 minutes from the toll plaza.

I was not asked for passport copies at all.

Not saying don't bring em, just don't spend a lot making them if you're paying for copies.

Thanks for this. I'm still going to copy them on my printer so it's no problem.

Well we are mostly packed. Alana's clothes are in the dryer. We have most of what we want either packed or at least sorted. What we decide we need we will have to buy in London. The shuttle picks us up around 3:30 and Caro gets home around 2:30. We have our boarding passes printed and are all checked in for the flight. See some of you Friday at the Eye and Porters.:banana::banana::dance3:

aloha,
Well we are leaving for the airport in 2 1/2 hrs. DW is still packing. She keeps changing her mind. She's like this every trip. I'm use to it.
Hope everyone has a safe trip. We'll see you around London or at the port. Thank you for all the wonderful info everyone has contributed especially Andrew,Celestine and all the people who live in or around London. You guys have been a great help.
Celestine thank you very much for all you have done with the transportation from London/port and back. You are a God sent. Also thank your husband too. You guys are a great team.:thumbsup2:worship::worship::worship:

much mahalos,
hawaiian mickey & hawaiian minnie:thumbsup2

Anyone else leaving today too excited to sleep? I hope by getting up earlier than usual I can actually fall asleep on the plane tonight.

I have to do my work payroll today and I'm done with anything I'll need completed for work before I leave!

We are 100% packed! Of course all of our bags are very close to 51 pounds, the BA limit. Our DS9 wasn't bringing a carry on and now we have one for him that is the max size to carry on for any souvenirs we buy. We'll also have a lot of empty space from things we use during the trip.

We purchased Big Bus tickets last night for Thursday. I think it was a total of 52 Pounds for the 4 of us. It was a lot cheaper than the Hop On/Hop Off bus according to my DH who was doing the comparison.

Today we've got to drop off the dog at her kennel, finish work and then sit around and wait for our flight to roll around!

Safe travels to everyone!

I got up a little earlier, too, hoping I can sleep on the plane.

Well, after all the planning and anticipation, it is finally here. I wish for everyone that this trip is everything you hoped for and more.:love:

A ditto THANK YOU to Andrew, Celestine and Paul. You folks have been so helpful and have gone above and beyond. We can't wait to see your beautiful home. :yay:

Happy trails to all!

Yes, a definite thank you to everyone that has contributed great helpful hints and tips over the last 2 years for all of us.

I would like to saying to you all HAVE A FABULOUS TIMES on your Baltic Cruise...:thumbsup2

No luck in lottery:sad2: however I will see you on 30 July and remember meet Promenade for 3 pm on first day... for b2b you are more welcome to come along...

Andrew - remember hide in the cupboard...:rotfl::rotfl:

Scottishwee35

8 MORE HOURS AND WORK AND THE SHUTTLE COMES IN 10 HOURS!!!!!
I can't believe after almost 2 years of planning and being together, that it's finally here!

Leaving the house ina couple hours to drive to NY.
Flying to the UK tomorrow night.

Karen, if you are still around, I'm bringing that leather flower bag-thanks to my Dory memory I'm thinking you were the one that wanted it?

If not my stateroom host will be getting it, after I sufficiently embarrass my family with it:rotfl:

Haven't had time to review to see if others have noted (internet connection on board is horrible. DON'T BUY lots of minutes).

Anyway... we thought we were missing the horrible heat wave in the US when we started this cruise but warning to all. Baltics is hotter than it's been in years (and bigger warning --it's not built for this weather).

Germany was almost 100 degrees. 'Private first class train' from ship to Berlin was NOT air conditioned. (admittedly, under normal weather you'd never need it to be so not mad at the Mouse for that). But be Warned.... European museums are NOT airconditioned. Prepare for HOT WEATHER. LOTS OF SWEATING.. not the trip we expected (why did we bring these polar fleeces... :rotfl:).

St Petersburg worse for our. Our bus (first day) wasn't air conditioned (i'm speaking to the Mouse about that one as we were the only ones. I think the driver was not honest w/ Disney).

And just finished Helsinki... Gratefully only in the 80's but still hot hot hot.

Mind you, we are still having the cultural experience of a life time but i'd have preferred the cooler, even rainy weather. This is too much heat and it's forecasted to last through your cruise.

So add more shorts and less jackets.

will post more later today

Anyone else leaving today too excited to sleep? I hope by getting up earlier than usual I can actually fall asleep on the plane tonight.

I haven't slept well all week....and we don't leave until Friday night! :confused3 This, however, is not usual for me.

I finished all of my misc. chores today. Setting the travel notice on my credit cards, adding the international data package for my iphone, picking up a prescription and shoelaces for DH, printing out the check-in docs, etc. Made copies over the weekend.

Now I just have to put the things (piled Everywhere) in bags.

Leaving the house ina couple hours to drive to NY.
Flying to the UK tomorrow night.

Karen, if you are still around, I'm bringing that leather flower bag-thanks to my Dory memory I'm thinking you were the one that wanted it?

If not my stateroom host will be getting it, after I sufficiently embarrass my family with it:rotfl:
:cool1::banana::cool1::banana::yay::yay::yay:

Safe trip to all that are off and running!
Went to San Diego yesterday to visit a friend that had her baby that wasn't due till the end of August. Ended up staying all day I even got to touch him in the incubator.
Still have a couple of errands to run and yesterday I broke my ring helping to pick up a big box out of a shopping cart. Thank God the diamond fell straight down on the ground and didn't bounce away. Need to see if I can get it fixed before we go.
I hope everyone early has a great time in London!!:cool1:

Hope all those travelling today have smooth trips. Please log on in the UK if you can - it will be terribly lonely on here otherwise!:rotfl:

See you all Sunday, or failing that Monday at the DIS meet

Celestine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter