7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

Welcome, Danielle !:flower3: Don't remember seeing you on the boards.

Fun to see what folks are doing in port ! :cool1:

We are flying out of Dulles next Wed. :thumbsup2

Thanks. I've been around, I just tend to be quiet.......IRL too.

Lucky you. Although, now thunderstorms are predicted for pretty much all next week. Friday is up to 60% chance. :eek: (Wed is around 40%)

:wave2: Good Morning All :wave2:

So their's a whole lotta shakin goin on the Left Coast & you cant wait to head to Merry Old & the Stress of packin & gettin ready for your trip is gettin you down? Try Some Disney Magic in a Bottle (151) for some pre cruise relief!:drinking1: :faint::thumbsup2
(Does not work on Disney Villans or Lawyers!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:
:lmao::rotfl2::thumbsup2

Who's Going On A DCL TOUR ??

I thought it would be fun to post the DCL tours that we're doing to see who all is going with us !

Scrapycruiser ( Gina& Bruce ) : OSLO HIGHLIGHTS
TIVOLI GARDENS & HARBOR TOUR
CULTURAL SPLENDOR OF BERLIN

Where are you going ??

We are doing the Molli Steam Engine in Germany
Skansen Museum and Swedish Fairytales in Sweden
Estonian architecture and art for families in Tallin

I thought it would be fun to post the DCL tours that we're doing to see who all is going with us !

Where are you going ??

Kevin and Kate

Copenhagen - Tivoli and Harbor Tour
Warnemunde - Berlin Cultural Highlights
St. Petersburg - Ball at Catherine's Palace

We're also seeing St. Petersburg with Anastasia and doing the rest on our own.

Where are you going ??

St P's day 1 - walking tour for all 4 of us
St P's day 2 - Hermitage & Peterhof for me & Paul only

All other ports - DIY

Celestine

Where are you going ??

Tivoli Gardens & Harbour Tour
Stockholm & Vasa
St. Petersburg day 1&2: Private tour Anastacia
All the rest: DIY

These are the ones we're doing:

Berlin: "Berlin On Your Own" (basically just the train service)
Tallinn: "Old Town and Lahemaa National Park"

Not a lot, we prefer mostly to go on our own.

Forgot to mention (though it's not Disney), in St. Petersburg we're doing a 2-day private tour with SPB including an evening folk show. So, it's not really DIY.

Also in Berlin we're doing the Sandemann's free walking tour.

Where are you going ??

We are doing the following booked through DCL:

Lion King Show in London on Saturday

Oslo:Hadeland Glass Works and Viking Ships
Copenhagen: Tivoli Gardens and Harbour Tour
Berlin: Sights and Sounds of Berlin
St. Petersburg Day 1: Peterhof Parks and Fountains/Evening Canal Boat Tour
St. Petersburg Day 2: Catherine's Palace and Hermitage Museum/A Night of Russian Ballet
Tallin: Old Town, Fishing and Mini Zoo
Stockholm: Stockholm, Vasa and Royal Armory

We are going to book the castle tour on debarkation day once we board

We also have booked:
Palo Brunch on Monday July 19 (Day 2)
Palo Tea on Friday the 23rd (Day 6)
Palo Dinner on Wednesday the 28th(Day11)

Where are you going ??

Oslo: "Hadeland Glass Works and Viking Ships"
Copenhagen: "Tivoli Gardens and Harbour Tour"
Warnemunde: "Berlin Past and Present"
St. Petersburg day 1: "St Petersburg Shopping Experience"; "Evening Canal Boat Tour"
St. Petersburg day 2: "City Highlights and Hermitage"
Tallinn and Stockholm: DIY (HoHo bus)

:wave2: Good Morning All :wave2:

Try Some Disney Magic in a Bottle (151) for some pre cruise relief!:drinking1: :faint::thumbsup2
(Does not work on Disney Villans or Lawyers!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

Works for me! Great antidote for packing stress, too. After all, there are W&D on the ship. Just stuff the clothes in any ole way.
Packing the electronics, though. That's a problem. I bought a nook so that I wouldn't have to bring a suitcase full of books!

:confused3

Okay gang, enough of you have convinced me to hang "something" outside on my FE. Our cabin number is #6089. If you have extra gifts and care to include us fine, if not don't worry about it. Not sure what my FE will look like but be prepared to laugh in case its just a big old SOCK! :lmao::rotfl:

OK, you're on my list! :banana:

Sailed on the June 12 voyage. Maybe helpful information for those are just leaving:

Oslo: Hop on Hop off is excellent. They DO accept USD. Buses run timely for weekdays.

Copenhagen: Hop on Hop off excellent. They DO accept USD. Visited Amalienburg Palace "under construction." If you have to choose b/w Am. Palace and the Rosenburg, go to Rosenburg if you want to see a furnished Palace vs one in the remodeling stages.

Weather was nice, but we FROZE the entire cruise. Pirate Deck party was quick picture taking of the buffets/desserts and then eating the loot in our cabin while watching the World Cup. Long Johns would have been wonderful.

On land, the weather was pleasant but a hoodie was needed. Pack the sunscreen even if the weather is cloudy. We got sunburned.

Isle of Man, Liverpool, and London had a wonderful awaited heat wave. Glad I had capris and short sleeved shirts.

Happy and Safe travels to all of you!!!! Wish we were still there. The jet lag reminds me we still are.

Heidi

Where are you going ??

We are doing Viking Heritage, Tivoli Gardens, & Harbor Tour, Barb's private drinking tour of Wunermunde!:thumbsup2 :drinking1: , Anastasia for StP, Tallin Old City Walking Tour, & Stockholm, Vasa and Royal Armory!:faint:

Works for me! Great antidote for packing stress, too. After all, there are W&D on the ship. Just stuff the clothes in any ole way.
Packing the electronics, though. That's a problem. I bought a nook so that I wouldn't have to bring a suitcase full of books!

Always Always carry on your electronics! ::yes::

Warning long catch up post.

Andrew, this is so helpful. I really appreciate the time you have taken to educate us on how to do this properly. All of your UK advice has been helpful, actually, and it is so nice of you to take the time.

Thank you for those kind words, greatly appreciated.

All the more reason to do private tours if possible.

We're also hitting the Hermitage before it opens with Anastasia, but do I need to specifically ask to see the Treasure Room? Sounds special....uh, what is it?

Hopefully we have early entry as well

Couldn't re quote all of your post here, but Thanks, I am glad its resolved and have assurance /guarantee will be good.

Thanks Andrew and Celestine, I think I was close to guessing the prices of food right...here's hoping we don't run out of food money before we get on the boat! I will definitely check out the coupons.

Only 1 more day to pack and be ready to board our plane...I am starting to get nervous and thinking I should start worrying less about magnets and more about essentials. :rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Safe travels, many posts on jet lagg, from an old hand at transatlantic flights, 1/ Set watch to UK time after check in, 2/ Eat and light drink to UK time, 3/ If you can eat light at airport and drop airline meal, or eat on airline early, try to slow down ad relax sleep asap. In UK try to work to UK time and ie if arrive at breakfast, eat breakfast, try not to booze or take tablets.

aloha,
Boy just had an short earthquake just a few minutes ago. It was a 5.9 magnitude. Nice shake but everyone is doing well.,\.
Man can't wait to go on this cruise.
aloha,
Hawaiian mickey
Just had an earthquake. :scared1::scared1: The epicenter was about 45 min to an hour away from us. Can't wait to get out of CA for a couple of weeks!

Hopefully a small one, take care.

We agree. Andrew, you have been so helpful and such a fount of knowledge. Looking forward to meeting you.
Thank you and I look forward to meeting you and everyone on the cruise.

:confused3

Andrew,
I have to echo all the others sentiments. Your insight and advice and helpful maps etc have been invaluable to me and all of us. Your love for Disney definitely shines thru :wizard: Looking forward to meeting you and your family. I hope things work out for the best with regards to Anastasia tours and the payment situation.
Okay gang, enough of you have convinced me to hang "something" outside on my FE. Our cabin number is #6089. If you have extra gifts and care to include us fine, if not don't worry about it. Not sure what my FE will look like but be prepared to laugh in case its just a big old SOCK! :lmao::rotfl:
I would be more inclined to find out what the weather forecasts are for the Baltic ports. I have started putting our clothes out in anticipation of packing next week, but I'm nervous that I'm taking too many sleeveless tops for myself and short sleeve shirts for DH. We're hoping to get by with just a lightweight jacket but thinking we might want to throw in a sweatshirt too:confused3
UGH! Big bugs and me don't get along at all :headache::lmao:
Boy that is a lot of ships in port at one time. Expect crowds and long lines! :rolleyes1

GOOD MORNING!
Okay, off to work now that I've caught up on the latest news. Looking forward to meeting and seeing everybody in a weeks time. We leave one week from tonight. :cheer2:

Firstly, thank you for those kind comments it is really greatly appreciate, my aim has always, bee to 'tell you as it is'', try to help, and show passion for my City and UK, I hope and trust it will give you all ''added value'' to enjoy your time here, and you will come back. 2012, will be a great time to visit.

As per weather, the issues are to all of us who knows, currently warm and sunny here, but UK, and Baltic can change quickly so prepare for everything, we have had a long sunny spell, and so has Northern Europe, that will be fantastic, we will pack our bags on Saturday afternoon 17th, after looking at the weeks forecast. Leaving it very late. Hope we can use the pools and go not have rain.

This is the list of cruisers that have PM'd me with their cabin number for the postcard exchange:

Madisonznana
Caropooh
Marla Hellwig
MrsG
smilis
Caven553
Samanthasmom1
KathyInCitrus
BluegrassBelles - will need 2 postcards since there are 2 households represented in the cabin
drleblanc
jilljill
Gadd Family - not on DIS but traveling with jilljill
CousinOrville
RJAYL
Vactime

I'll get out the list of cabins to those that have responded. If you still wish to join in and haven't PM'd me, please do so today or tomorrow.

I would like to be included, please, and have ordered a special print of 2 x 100Postcards. So outside this list can share with anyone on this thread.

Where are you going ??

Not final yet, but most likely:
Copenhagen -- Charming Copenhagen Walk and Cruise
Germany -- Signature Tour with guide and driver
St. Petersburg -- Walking Tour of St. Petersburg, Evening Canal Boat Tour
St. Petersburg -- Catherine's Palace and Hermitage Museum
Tallin -- Best of Tallin with Concert and Lunch
Stockholm -- City Hall, Royal Place and Old Town

We are a group of five adults (two are my kids)

These are the ones we're doing:

Berlin: "Berlin On Your Own" (basically just the train service)
Tallinn: "Old Town and Lahemaa National Park"

Not a lot, we prefer mostly to go on our own.

We are doing the Molli Steam Engine in Germany
Skansen Museum and Swedish Fairytales in Sweden
Estonian architecture and art for families in Tallin

Kevin and Kate

Copenhagen - Tivoli and Harbor Tour
Warnemunde - Berlin Cultural Highlights
St. Petersburg - Ball at Catherine's Palace

We're also seeing St. Petersburg with Anastasia and doing the rest on our own.

St P's day 1 - walking tour for all 4 of us
St P's day 2 - Hermitage & Peterhof for me & Paul only

All other ports - DIY

Celestine

Tivoli Gardens & Harbour Tour
Stockholm & Vasa
St. Petersburg day 1&2: Private tour Anastacia
All the rest: DIY

We are doing the following booked through DCL:

Lion King Show in London on Saturday

Oslo:Hadeland Glass Works and Viking Ships
Copenhagen: Tivoli Gardens and Harbour Tour
Berlin: Sights and Sounds of Berlin
St. Petersburg Day 1: Peterhof Parks and Fountains/Evening Canal Boat Tour
St. Petersburg Day 2: Catherine's Palace and Hermitage Museum/A Night of Russian Ballet
Tallin: Old Town, Fishing and Mini Zoo
Stockholm: Stockholm, Vasa and Royal Armory

We are going to book the castle tour on debarkation day once we board

We also have booked:
Palo Brunch on Monday July 19 (Day 2)
Palo Tea on Friday the 23rd (Day 6)
Palo Dinner on Wednesday the 28th(Day11)

Oslo: "Hadeland Glass Works and Viking Ships"
Copenhagen: "Tivoli Gardens and Harbour Tour"
Warnemunde: "Berlin Past and Present"
St. Petersburg day 1: "St Petersburg Shopping Experience"; "Evening Canal Boat Tour"
St. Petersburg day 2: "City Highlights and Hermitage"
Tallinn and Stockholm: DIY (HoHo bus)

All above look very nice, we are on:-

Shore Excursions

Copenhagen
Charming Copenhagen - Walk and Cruise

Oslo
Hadeland Glass Works and Viking Ships

Stockholm
Historical Stockholm and Sigtuna

St Petersburg
Private tours two days.

Tallinn

Best of Tallinn with Concert and Lunch

Warnemunde

DCL Berlin Private tour, by train.

Pictures like I promised.
:thumbsup2

Sailed on the June 12 voyage. Maybe helpful information for those are just leaving:

Oslo: Hop on Hop off is excellent. They DO accept USD. Buses run timely for weekdays.

Copenhagen: Hop on Hop off excellent. They DO accept USD. Visited Amalienburg Palace "under construction." If you have to choose b/w Am. Palace and the Rosenburg, go to Rosenburg if you want to see a furnished Palace vs one in the remodeling stages.

Weather was nice, but we FROZE the entire cruise. Pirate Deck party was quick picture taking of the buffets/desserts and then eating the loot in our cabin while watching the World Cup. Long Johns would have been wonderful.

On land, the weather was pleasant but a hoodie was needed. Pack the sunscreen even if the weather is cloudy. We got sunburned.

Isle of Man, Liverpool, and London had a wonderful awaited heat wave. Glad I had capris and short sleeved shirts.

Happy and Safe travels to all of you!!!! Wish we were still there. The jet lag reminds me we still are.

Heidi

Thank you Heidi. :love:

Where are you going ??

DCL tours:
Copenhagen: Castles of North Zeeland
Warnemunde: Molli Steam train
Stockholm: Stockholm and Sigtuna Lunch tour

The rest we're doing on our own or with private tour guides.

Great Idea to share! :grouphug:

Sheesh - on top of everything else my daughter comes down with strep today and we leave tomorrow. Hopefully the anti-biotics work quickly!

Got our postcards for the exchange and I just want to put a disclaimer. We live in Lincoln, NE so I was forced to get postcards with the Huskers on them but my daughter and I are in no way Husker fans! (for those of you futball fans this is the equivalent for me of buying stuff from your most hated World Cup rival)

Look forward to meeting you all! (assuming my daughter gets well enough to fly quickly...)

Sheesh - on top of everything else my daughter comes down with strep today and we leave tomorrow. Hopefully the anti-biotics work quickly!

Got our postcards for the exchange and I just want to put a disclaimer. We live in Lincoln, NE so I was forced to get postcards with the Huskers on them but my daughter and I are in no way Husker fans! (for those of you futball fans this is the equivalent for me of buying stuff from your most hated World Cup rival)

Look forward to meeting you all! (assuming my daughter gets well enough to fly quickly...)

Speedy, recovery for DD, and safe trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter