7/18/10 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo Part 6

Ummm, before anyone takes the time to write him out an itinerary...it's my DH trying to be funny:rolleyes1

I have asked him to post before and this is him getting back at me for all the times I've annoyed him with Dis Board stories:rolleyes:

His post is exactly what I imagine my husband's first post to the DIS boards might be! :)

Bridget

Wild storms here last night

6-story Jesus statue in Ohio struck by lightning
© 2010 The Associated Press
June 15, 2010, 7:50AM
GLENN HARTONG AP
FILE -- A Nov. 17, 2004 file photo shows traffic on I-75 just north of the Monroe, Ohio, going by a six story high statue of Jesus under construction at the Solid Rock Church Nov. 17, 2004. The 62-foot-tall statue made of plastic foam and fiberglass over a steel frame was stuck by lightning and destroyed Monday June 14, 2010. (AP Photo/The Enquirer, Glenn Hartong/file) -- Mandatory Credit --

OHMONjesus04.jpg

Share Del.icio.usDiggTwitterYahoo! BuzzFacebookStumbleUponEmail Close [X]MONROE, Ohio — A six-story-tall statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along a highway was struck by lightning in a thunderstorm Monday night and burned to the ground, police said.

The "King of Kings" statue, one of southwest Ohio's most familiar landmarks, had stood since 2004 at the evangelical Solid Rock Church along Interstate 75 in Monroe, just north of Cincinnati.

The lightning strike set the statue ablaze around 11:15 p.m., Monroe police dispatchers said.

The sculpture, 62 feet tall and 40 feet wide at the base, showed Jesus from the torso up and was nicknamed Touchdown Jesus because of the way the arms were raised, similar to a referee signaling a touchdown. It was made of plastic foam and fiberglass over a steel frame, which is all that remained early Tuesday.

The fire spread from the statue to an adjacent amphitheater but was confined to the attic area, and no one was injured, police Chief Mark Neu said. The fire department would release a monetary damage estimate Tuesday, he said.

Travelers on Interstate 75 often were startled to come upon the huge statue by the roadside, but many said America needs more symbols like it. So many people stopped at the church campus that church officials had to build a walkway to accommodate them.

The 4,000-member, nondenominational church was founded by former horse trader Lawrence Bishop and his wife. Bishop said in 2004 he was trying to help people, not impress them, with the statue. He said his wife proposed the Jesus figure as a beacon of hope and salvation and they spent about $250,000 to finance it.

Well Hello. Believe it or not, I have been "on" these boards for almost 8 years now, but this is my very first post. I have lived through the learning process, through the years of planning for the EB repo (arghhhh! pirate:) and now throught the year and a half of planning for the ballyhoo. I promised the Mrs that I'd contribute this time, so here goes:

I need help planning. Please, can I have 7 of you plan a few things for me to do in each port. I per port, if you please. I'm in no hurry for the results, take your time. Tomorrow is fine, but please make it early. Time difference and all that.

Nothing all that involved. Just tour itineraries and lunch ressies.

:littleangel:

How's that honey? Too pushy? Too embarassing. Too much? Too little? Tutu? :woohoo:

Happy Flag Day everybody!! And watch out for that volcano, it's gonna blow!!!!! :scared1::scared1:

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Sorry hon. :littleangel:

Ummm, before anyone takes the time to write him out an itinerary...it's my DH trying to be funny:rolleyes1

I have asked him to post before and this is him getting back at me for all the times I've annoyed him with Dis Board stories:rolleyes:

I can help him out all he wants, he just needs to send his DW to FL to get all the info in person. :banana: :confused3 :dance3: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Hot day at Epcot, but spent part of it in Rose & Crown (I know, big surprise there). The crowds were very light, when we drove in there were rows and rows of empty parking spaces.

DD drove us from Epcot to dinner and then we did a bit of grocery shopping before coming home. She did rather well for driving along a construction route part of the time :scared1: , but she needs to remember to keep her speed up when going around a slight curve. :headache:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ps. Paul, did you ask about the Ice Bar at work?????? Hate to be a pain.:headache:

Sorry, I forgot to post my response/findings over the weekend. general consensus seems to be a good experience. A lady in my office has been and she said that you get about 30 mins in the ice-bar side and you then obviously eat in the other side. She said that the food looked good, but a little pricey (this is London) and wear suitable footwear as her feet were freezing due to the soles of her shoes being too thin:scared1:

Hope this helps in some way, five people responded to my question and no one had a bad experience.

Paul:thumbsup2

Yes it seems we don't really have any tickets? Just a notebook or Spiral Thing?:sad2:

I know, inside it does say somewhere these are your tickets and take them.

I believe one set of docs and a passport on each coach will be enough (mine on our coach) however we might as well plan, for there being a 'Jobs worth' on the gate at the port. The quicker we get through, the quicker we get on and we don't want to have to walk from the gate:scared1:do we.

I called my contact at he coach company we are using this morning, he said that there were no problems reported from the drivers that went to Dover on Saturday.

There were reports however of a Disney Magic stalker being spotted taking dodgy pictures of the ship. I thought he was a concierge class traveller... he eats at the Golden Arches and drives himself, although he will claim it was only for the free WiFi:laughing:

Paul:thumbsup2

Well wonder who that was, -I would have thought, I would have seen him, I was there, looking at the Magic Port and Starboard, also in McDonalds purley for Fee WiiFi as well, so I would have expected I would have seen him.

Maybe its whilst I *disappeared of the radar* for a time on Saturday.;)

Well Hello. Believe it or not, I have been "on" these boards for almost 8 years now, but this is my very first post. I have lived through the learning process, through the years of planning for the EB repo (arghhhh! pirate:) and now through the year and a half of planning for the ballyhoo. I promised the Mrs that I'd contribute this time, so here goes:

I need help planning. Please, can I have 7 of you plan a few things for me to do in each port. I per port, if you please. I'm in no hurry for the results, take your time. Tomorrow is fine, but please make it early. Time difference and all that.

Nothing all that involved. Just tour itineraries and lunch ressies.

:littleangel:

How's that honey? Too pushy? Too embarrassing. Too much? Too little? Tutu? :woohoo:

Happy Flag Day everybody!! And watch out for that volcano, it's gonna blow!!!!! :scared1::scared1:

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

Sorry hon. :littleangel:

Welcome welcome.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:

Well wonder who that was, -I would have thought, I would have seen him, I was there, looking at the Magic Port and Starboard, also in McDonalds purley for Fee WiiFi as well, so I would have expected I would have seen him.

Maybe its whilst I *disappeared of the radar* for a time on Saturday.;):

If Paul had said the person was seen carrying a high powered rifle with a scope I would have thought it might have been Barb (known for flying off at the drop of a hat) after you!:scared1: but since Paul did not mention anyone with a Sniper rifle I knew not to worry! ::yes:: ;):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

If Paul had said the person was seen carrying a high powered rifle with a scope I would have thought it might have been Barb (known for flying off at the drop of a hat) after you!:scared1: but since Paul did not mention anyone with a Sniper rifle I knew not to worry! ::yes:: ;):lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

Well hopefully I am not a *marked* man that requires someone with a high powered rifle following me, -but I will restrict my answer to that.

Anyway, if DCL security saw me stalking the ship,and refered it, a few DCL people would say, ohhhh thats Andrew Derek of the UK, they would recognise me, offer me a drink, and a tour, meet Mickey, and then offer me an extra Palo Brunch.

But then tell me to shut up about some of my posts.:goodvibes

Just caught up with the past weeks worth of posts. Sorry not posting much but my dad is in the hospital with a brain tumor. Biopsy is tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we will have more information then. We are still working out final details for the trip on the assumption that this will all be resolved by then so hopefully we will still be cruising with you all as planned.

Just caught up with the past weeks worth of posts. Sorry not posting much but my dad is in the hospital with a brain tumor. Biopsy is tomorrow afternoon so hopefully we will have more information then. We are still working out final details for the trip on the assumption that this will all be resolved by then so hopefully we will still be cruising with you all as planned.

Let me wish him and you all of the best...

Let me wish him and you all of the best...

Yes :thumbsup2

Well hopefully I am not a *marked* man that requires someone with a high powered rifle following me, -but I will restrict my answer to that.

Anyway, if DCL security saw me stalking the ship,and refered it, a few DCL people would say, ohhhh thats Andrew Derek of the UK, they would recognise me, offer me a drink, and a tour, meet Mickey, and then offer me an extra Palo Brunch.

But then tell me to shut up about some of my posts.:goodvibes

Speeking of meeting mickey I just saw a video of the premier of The Wonderful World of Color @ DL & Mickey was chatting it up!:rotfl:

Speaking of meeting mickey I just saw a video of the premier of The Wonderful World of Color @ DL & Mickey was chatting it up!:rotfl:

:thumbsup2

Wasn't there a Premier of TOY STORY 3 as well with Briney, Buzz, Woody, and a three eyed Alien, looking up the wrong way in a very un Disney way.

Did not see that one do you have a link?:confused:

It was in our papers today, one was *The Metro* a free London newspaper, to pardon a pun they were taking the Mickey of where the three eyed alien was at the bottom of the photo and the direction its eyes were on looking at Britney.

Sure you will have it somewhere there.

Stop press

The singer, 29, found the three-eyed alien was a particular fan.

Britney.jpg

Britney Spears gets a buzz from Toy Story 3 premiere

Britney Spears hangs out with Woody and Buzz Lightyear on the red carpet at the world premiere of Toy Story 3 in Hollywood.

It was in our papers today, one was *The Metro* a free London newspaper, to pardon a pun they were taking the Mickey of where the three eyed alien was at the bottom of the photo and the direction its eyes were on looking at Britney.

Sure you will have it somewhere there.

Only in Britain!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter