7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

You are not alone! The pirate gear, heels and formal attire are all coming with us. Don't get many chances to wear them otherwise and they make those evenings special on the cruise. Also, I want the pictures!

Maryann, you know we love to dress up! I never care if someone else on the cruise doesn't want to, but getting dressed for dinner most nights and especially formal and semi-formal nights, is really part of the cruise experience for me. :goodvibes

Agreed, Julie. BTW, no cruise docs here yet. :confused3

No cruise documents here either.

Might open up the purse strings on this cruise a bit. My November 2014 double dip got moved to three weeks earlier and we can't make it. So might cancel the whole Disneyworld/Cruise 11 day thing.

Just went the mail box and our cruise docs have arrived!!!:cool1:

Now it's time to get serious about adding to my cruise wardrobe :love:.

Can't believe after over a year of looking forward to this experience that it's actually just around the corner!!

See y'all in a few weeks.

Tic Toc Tic Toc Lookin in the mailbox Hoping for Cruise Docs Tic Toc TicToc No Cruise Docs What a Pox!

Just went the mail box and our cruise docs have arrived!!!:cool1:

Now it's time to get serious about adding to my cruise wardrobe :love:.

Can't believe after over a year of looking forward to this experience that it's actually just around the corner!!

See y'all in a few weeks.

Just checked our mailbox...and our cruise documents have arrived too!!! Sooooooo excited...I feel like a kid at Christmas time! :goodvibes

So exciting we're all getting the cruise docs now!! Those of you who haven't received them yet, I'm sure will by the end of this week, or for sure early next week!

It's all SO real now! I just looked at my countdown on my phone and we leave in 26 days!! We booked this cruise Jan 2012!! And, now it's almost here. :thumbsup2 Wow... I have so much to do between now and then. Once school ends for the kids (June 19), and the school craziness ends, then I will fully focus on packing, etc! Time will fly by between now and when we leave, I am sure.

I can't wait to just get on the plane... that is when my brain FULLY switches to vacation-mode! :cool1:

Got our cruise docs....but not our precruise ABD docs yet:( My cruise docs do mention the ABD but state in big letters that DCL reserves the right to cancel this cruise for any reason at any time. Scary! Why would they put that there? What if it's the last day? Refunding my ABD isn't going to help me find a hotel....I don't think refunding my ABD in full would make up for cancelling my tour at the last minute. It makes me not want to book with them again because I'm going to fuss about it until the last minute. if they even said that in the event that they cancelled the ABD they would fully refund and then help find us accommodation, I would feel better. Surely they already have the rooms booked so they could just transfer over the rooms to us.

Ah well, I'm sure it will be fine, but it's just one of those things that worries me. I wonder if I should keep my "just in case" hotel a little longer.

Got our cruise docs....but not our precruise ABD docs yet:( My cruise docs do mention the ABD but state in big letters that DCL reserves the right to cancel this cruise for any reason at any time. Scary! Why would they put that there? What if it's the last day? Refunding my ABD isn't going to help me find a hotel....I don't think refunding my ABD in full would make up for cancelling my tour at the last minute. It makes me not want to book with them again because I'm going to fuss about it until the last minute. if they even said that in the event that they cancelled the ABD they would fully refund and then help find us accommodation, I would feel better. Surely they already have the rooms booked so they could just transfer over the rooms to us.

Ah well, I'm sure it will be fine, but it's just one of those things that worries me. I wonder if I should keep my "just in case" hotel a little longer.

I wouldn't worry at all about it. I think they have to say this for liability purposes only. Anything "could" happen that "could" cause them to cancel, but the chances of them cancelling our cruise at this point is probably about as likely as my car getting hit by an asteroid. ;) It would have to be something really serious (like something that puts the ship out of commission), and knowing the excellent track record DCL has, I am not anticipating anything happening to the Disney Magic that would put her out of commission.

But, they have to say that kind of lingo because if the unlikely/unexpected did happen, then they won't get 2,000 law suits because they had to cancel.

It's kind of like those medicine/drug commercials on TV where they talk about how much this drug will help you, but then they list about 100 side effects you "could" experience (but really, the side effects are unlikely, like 1 in 875,000) so that way if you choose to take the medication, and you suddenly have constipation, or trouble sleeping, or knee pain, or hives, or sudden cravings, or.... you won't sue the company for $1,000,000 because you are constipated or you couldn't sleep one night. :rotfl:.

That said, this is also why Disney says they reserve the right to change ports last minute, or cancel ports last minute, and the list goes on. It's so you can't sue them because they changed a port last minute, or cancelled a port and made it a sea day (for a valid reason), etc. Maybe this is more of an American thing, too... Americans will sue over anything. LOL! Not sure if it's the same way in Canada.

But, the chances of any of this happening is SO SO slim at this point.

I have, however, experienced Disney cancelling one of our cruises, BUT it was a cruise that was a year away still, and they announced the cruise was cancelled because the ship had just been chartered out. Other than us being disappointed, we weren't out anything... we hadn't even bought plane tickets yet. But, that wouldn't happen to our cruise THIS close to the sailing date.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. :) BUT, this is a good reminder to get trip insurance (especially for a cruise like this that is a higher cost all together). In the VERY VERY VERY unlikely event that they did cancel, I know my trip insurance would cover any lost costs, extra costs, etc as a result. So, that is another reason I don't worry about it.

I am sure your ABD docs will come soon. I have never done ABD, so I don't know how it works, but it could be more like WDW where they send out docs a little closer to the date. When we do WDW + a cruise, we always get thoe WDW docs after we get cruise docs.

Still no docs here! My parents who live only 10 minutes away & booked after us got theirs on Saturday :(

Ugh...I'm nervous about the cruise cancelation thing too. Especially after the recent Carnival & Royal Caribbean problems....ok Carnival doesn't surprise me too much LOL. But RCCL taking their ship out for several weeks and canceling last minutes due to that fire was an eye opener. (It was RCCL, right??? I know it was one of the "better" lines). I just kept thinking of all those poor people who had their vacations planned for so long & having them thrown into disarray like that.

Anyone else obsessively checking the trip reports for any tidbits from the first med cruise yet?? :)

Anyone else obsessively checking the trip reports for any tidbits from the first med cruise yet?? :)

Nope, but good idea...I will be now!!

No docs here either. Starting to panic about all that I have left to do before this trip. I really need to figure easy-to-pack pirate costumes. I can't wait to be on the plane!

Got our cruise docs....but not our precruise ABD docs .

ABD typically sends theirs out 1 mo prior.

We're heading out on our SE Asia ABD. Flying to Saigon tonight. With the time change, we get there 2 days later. Ugh.

Haven't gotten our cruise docs either. I'm sure they're on the way.

Still no docs here! My parents who live only 10 minutes away & booked after us got theirs on Saturday :(

Ugh...I'm nervous about the cruise cancelation thing too. Especially after the recent Carnival & Royal Caribbean problems....ok Carnival doesn't surprise me too much LOL. But RCCL taking their ship out for several weeks and canceling last minutes due to that fire was an eye opener. (It was RCCL, right??? I know it was one of the "better" lines). I just kept thinking of all those poor people who had their vacations planned for so long & having them thrown into disarray like that.

Well, if it helps, my parents live about 15 minutes from us, and they haven't received their cruise docs yet, but we got our cruise docs on Saturday, but my parents booked about 4 months after we booked, and they have the same cabin category (they are only 2 doors away from us), AND we have the same last name initial (my married last name and maiden is the same initial :) )..... SOOO, it sure looks like Disney is just sending them out randomly. I say 'randomly' because they can't be sending them out based on location, cabin category, by last name (in alphabet), but up until I read your post, I was starting to think that maybe they were sending them out based on when you booked.... but now seeing that you booked before your parents, but they got their docs already, and you haven't gotten yours now throws out the theory that they send them out based off of when you booked. So, unless I'm not thinking of something, I think this pretty much leaves it at DCL sends the docs out just completely randomly.

Everyone will get them!!

As for the ship fire thing... yes, of course anything can happen, but even though RCCL is a great cruise line (from what I hear... never been on an RCCL ship), Disney only has 4 ships, as opposed to RCCL that has lots of ships (not sure how many??). With Disney only having 4 ships, I would think they would be able to pay even closer attention to maintenance, etc, or at least choose the best of the best for the crews on the ships because they don't need that many crew members for just 4 ships as opposed to a cruise line that has 15+ ships.... But, yes, it is true.... even if you have the absolute best of the best maintaining or running the ship, sure, anything unexpected (maintenance-wise) can still happen, but I guess I try not to worry about things that most likely won't happen, or that I just plain have no control over. :)

I am sure everything will be totally fine!! Again, just a reminder to get trip insurance. :) BUT, I really am sure everything will be fine, and there is no need to worry! :thumbsup2

Oh, I love the idea of reading trip reports from the 1st Med cruise!! :thumbsup2 I am totally going to look at them... :) I can't wait to hear how people's experiences were.

We got our cruise docs yesterday too! And I made our port transfer reservations yesterday. Starting to get busy with the details now.

DH & DS are headed to Colombia next week for the South American part of DS's summer world tour...:rotfl2:. So they are focused on that. I will have to get DS packed this weekend but then it will be all out planning for the cruise for me.

I can't wait to start seeing some of the Navigators from the June cruise...hopefully that will help my OCD do a little more planning. I am working on my packing spreadsheet and plan to do any shopping I still need to do while the boys are gone.

We had a FAB time at WDW for Star Wars Weekend. DS LOVED IT! He's already asking about next year. :) And we made good use of the 24 hours at MK. We went from 3-6am and rode his favorites, Goofy Rollercoaster (16 consecutive times), Buzz Lightyear, Astro Orbiter and Speedway. Then we got to see the closing ceremony.

DUH! It has just dawned on me that i will need foreign currency (euros & lira, is all, I think).
Anyone know best method for exchange rate? Rates at banks appear steep.
Will my ATM card work?

Perhaps I shouldn't be let out without adult supervision!
So looking forward to this...

ABD typically sends theirs out 1 mo prior.

We're heading out on our SE Asia ABD. Flying to Saigon tonight. With the time change, we get there 2 days later. Ugh.

Haven't gotten our cruise docs either. I'm sure they're on the way.

Oooohhh! This looks appealing to me. Have not really had a huge desire to go to the Far East but DH & DS both want to go. So I am thinking ABD might be a good compromise. We haven't done any ABD yet...so I am also curious about that.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Nope, but good idea...I will be now!!

No docs here either. Starting to panic about all that I have left to do before this trip. I really need to figure easy-to-pack pirate costumes. I can't wait to be on the plane!

I actually looked for one last night but could not find one. Is there a link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter