• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7/13/13 ~~ Eastern Mediterranean Mouseketeers!

DH paid off the cruise yesterday so we are committed! Still holding out on airline tickets. We are hoping to purchase tickets then upgrade so I know we won't get the cheapest tickets...but still need to do that and also book our hotel for the return back to Barcelona.

Also need to check and see if our friends are going to be in Athens when we are there. I have been not so subtly hinting that I expect a locals tour. :) And so far behind in our planning on other port activities. Need to get back on that one.

But in the meantime we are headed to WDW next week. DH has to go for work so DS and I are tagging along. We have seasonal annual passes so only paying airfare and food!! Plus a day at Legoland.

JimmyJackJunior said:
I am in. According to Disney just booked the last two suites on the boat.

Me(Sean), 46 Wife (Crystal) 35, Daughter (Daytona) 11, Son (Geoffrey) 8 and Mother (Shelagh) 72 in suites 2098 and 2558.

Must be your neighbors! Room 2586!!!!

Welcome! The sign up for the fish extender is located on the first page in post #4. Please let me know if you have any questions or trouble filling ou the page.

Eileen

Thank you for doing this Eileen - I added our info to the sign up and of course will update once we have our cabin number.

DH paid off the cruise yesterday so we are committed!
I logged in to double-check the date of the final payment for us and it was March 15, 2013. Then of course, I looked at the amount... Whoa! :scared:

Now to check the bank account! :crazy2:

Anyone booked a DCL hotel in Barcelona after the cruise? We are a family of 5 and flightwise, looks like we need an extra day.

How much is it and does anyone know if rooms are still available?

What is the transfer cost to the airport?

Thanks in advance!

Anyone booked a DCL hotel in Barcelona after the cruise? We are a family of 5 and flightwise, looks like we need an extra day.

How much is it and does anyone know if rooms are still available?

What is the transfer cost to the airport?

Thanks in advance!

I'm staying at Le Meridien the night before the cruise and the night we get back. It's about $500 US a night and the cost by taxi is about $30US.

Is anyone a DVC member? Are there any hotels available that you can book with points and are fairly convenient to the port?

Yikes, my TA just told me the DCL has cancelled the ABD pre cruise to one of our reservations! Don't know why. A few days ago my TA called them and they said the tour was sold out, now they are telling her that it might be cancelled. But why only one reservation? And why wasn't I told?

If they accidentally cancelled one, now the tour is full. I'm pretty choked as I was really looking forward to this.

Apparently I have to wait until Monday.

Yikes, my TA just told me the DCL has cancelled the ABD pre cruise to one of our reservations! Don't know why. A few days ago my TA called them and they said the tour was sold out, now they are telling her that it might be cancelled. But why only one reservation? And why wasn't I told?

If they accidentally cancelled one, now the tour is full. I'm pretty choked as I was really looking forward to this.

Apparently I have to wait until Monday.

Have you found out anything yet? I am hoping it was a mis-communication. Let us know when you find out.

I hope it doesn't mess up any of your plans.

I found this out on Friday, but no one from the ABD leg of DCL was in until Monday. Turns out Monday is a holiday and I have to wait until tomorrow. Not sure why they didn't know it was a holiday on Friday.

This upsets me greatly. I was just about to book my flights on Friday, and held off. I also took today off work to sort out everything, and now it was a waste of time as I don't know what is going on.

I haven't done much research on Barcelona and I haven't booked a hotel because that is why I was paying a premium on this tour. So I didn't HAVE to. I booked this the minute it came out last April. Well, now its end of January and I have nothing booked and I don't know what I want to do. We were going to go to Paris first, 3 nights at DLP and then going into Paris for another week, then fly down to Barcelona for the tour. Yikes!

Not sure what I should do today. I have the day off and tomorrow I'm super busy at work and I don't have access to the computer at home because the kids use it all night for homework.

Sigh.

and have booked their hotel? I booked one night at the Hilton with DCL and added the transfers too, but I was thinking it might be nice if a bunch of us were staying at the same hotel. We could get together for a meal or a drink or just a coffee and talk about our great cruise.

If anyone is interested in sharing where they are staying...

I'll start. We are a family of 5, 3 boys who will be 17, 14 and just turned 12 on July 24! We have booked the HIlton with DCL but are willing to change. Our price is $443 for all of us, and then $300 for transfers to hotel and then to airport. I haven't done any research yet (all my time has been on the Paris portion and I haven't even paid attention to what anyone has been saying). I'm open to changing hotels or if anyone has a better suggestion for transfers that would be great too!

Let me know!

and have booked their hotel? I booked one night at the Hilton with DCL and added the transfers too, but I was thinking it might be nice if a bunch of us were staying at the same hotel. We could get together for a meal or a drink or just a coffee and talk about our great cruise.

If anyone is interested in sharing where they are staying...

I'll start. We are a family of 5, 3 boys who will be 17, 14 and just turned 12 on July 24! We have booked the HIlton with DCL but are willing to change. Our price is $443 for all of us, and then $300 for transfers to hotel and then to airport. I haven't done any research yet (all my time has been on the Paris portion and I haven't even paid attention to what anyone has been saying). I'm open to changing hotels or if anyone has a better suggestion for transfers that would be great too!

Let me know!

That's really horrible about you plans pre-cruise - I hope tomorrow you get some answers.

We are staying an extra day after the cruise - Air Canada cancelled the Thursday flight to Toronto so we have to wait until Friday now. We decided to stay in an apartment hotel on the subway line but out of town. With smaller children we like the amenities in an apartment with the service of a hotel. We found an aparthotel that had good Tripadvisor comments and at such a great price it is hard not to pass it up ($100 a night for 2 bedroom sleeping up to 6 people).

We are using the same company we used in 2011 in Barcelona for our transfers (Autos Vilar) I think their rates are a little cheaper - for example for the 10 of us it is costing about 100 Euros for our transfer from the Port to the Airport. And their service was impeccable - we used them on three occasions last time round and we have them reserved for all our transfers this time. I can send you Juan's email if you are interested in a quote.

I also have a 12 year old boy on the trip - hopefully our two will meet up and become friends at the Edge. We are travelling with a 18 mos old, 4 year old, 12 year old & 15 year old....so I'll have a child in each of the different clubs. Last time round my son was slower making friends because we never went to the open house -- this time I will make sure that they go the first night to get to meet everyone.

I just booked our flights and we are traveling with Air Canada as well on the 11:55 am flight:) We live in Victoria but are going through Vancouver.

Do you mind telling me the name of the hotel you are staying at? I booked the Hilton but it will be $443 for the 5 of us for two rooms. I like the price you are mentioning.

Its been such a stressful day today...deciding what we are going to do, looking for flights, booking hotels....ugh!

We are leaving June 29 arriving June 30 and going to DLP for 3 nights at the Explorer's hotel. Then we are moving to central paris at an adagio hotel (an aparthotel) for a week. We fly to Barcelona on July 10 (haven't bboked that yet) for our ABD (I hope) and then one night postcruise in Barcelona before we head home.

My mom who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 1.5 years ago and has been in remission for a year, is starting chemo tomorrow as her cancer has come back. I'm just praying that she will be okay. I'm going on faith that we will be able to go on this trip.

What are everyone else's post-cruise and pre-cruise plans?

Do you mind telling me the name of the hotel you are staying at? I booked the Hilton but it will be $443 for the 5 of us for two rooms. I like the price you are mentioning.

We are staying at the Aura Park Aparthotel in L'Hospitalet de Llobregat.

I am sending good wishes your way for you mum. I hope everything works out and she goes into remission again shortly.

hi , I booked the Novotel for a post cruise night and it was $138.00 including breaksast for 4 of us!

Hello fellow Canuck! Which Novotel did you book at? We need 2 rooms, but that is still half the price that DCL is asking, so I'm going to look into it.

How are you going to get there? Have you organized transfers yet?

Hello fellow Canuck! Which Novotel did you book at? We need 2 rooms, but that is still half the price that DCL is asking, so I'm going to look into it.

How are you going to get there? Have you organized transfers yet?

Hey there,

I booked Sant Joan Despi. It is close to the airport but that is waht I was looking for. It has good reviews on Tripadvisor, I am really not that worried, considering we are only spending one night there. Haven' got transfer yet, not sure where to look for that! I guess I have more research to do :) The rate I got was 103:13 EUR wich came to $138 including breakfast. It is a prepaid rate!

Hi there, everyone -

I have been lurking on the June Greece sailing thread and someone there found out the dining rotations and the formal/pirate, etc nights. I am assuming that ours will be the same, although of course it may not.

However, if it is, the rotations are just: APL, PLA, LAP, repeated over and over.

Formal night is the night after Rome (first sea day).

Pirate night is Mykonos.

Semi-formal is the night after Pirate night.

pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter