• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6th trip to DLP

Tubbsy

Earning My Ears
Morning All!
Long time lurker and reader here!
But with 4 weeks to go the excitement is growing and I may BURST! :hourglass:yay:
So theres me, Tubbsy. Long suffering DH (poor, poor man!) DD who is 18 and getting ready for uni .. (Will this be her last family visit to DLP? Me thinks NOT!)
And DS 10, who is as excited as me! (His support teacher knows how long we have til we go!!! :rotfl2: )
DD and DS both have HF aspergers, but love the rides and characters. Yes, August is busy but we have our strategies ...
Our DS will get a disabilty pass (A queing incident from a few years ago-I had bruises when queing for Peter Pan when he tried to climb up me as we went into the narrow tunnel part and the screams? Wouldnt want to shatter anyones ear drums this holiday! )
BUT! The kids need to learn life skills, so ...
We make the most of EMH. We eat lunch and dinner early so when others are eating, we are riding. We make the most of queues that have things to watch and talk about (So many times on Star Tours and no arrival at Endor! Not on! ;) )
And We have a hotel with a pool when it gets too much.

So! The plan is. Overnight from Portsmoth to Caen then drive to DLP.
And to NPB Admirals Floor.
One WHOLE week :)
We booked in January and did premier meal vouchers.
So we are eating at
Cafe Mickey
Blue Lagoon
Inventions
Walts (Love Walts! My personal favourite!)
Steakhouse in the village
And Inventions again :)

We are also planning one day in Paris. (My aspie daughter has it all planned! :) )

(this time in four weeks ... I will be ...) :rotfl2:

So now you know pretty much all the info (I am 5ft 10 and look like a supermodel .... :rotfl2: .... Ok, Ok, 5ft 8 and resemble a beach ball!) ... I want to ask a question ...
DS and DD both celebrated their birthdays in DLP last time we went. Now DS's birthday is September, so is a month too early and cheeky a purchase of cake for celebration in Cafe Mickey? DS loves the attention (Unusual in an aspie) What to do? ...

definitely not too early in August for a birthday cake celebration in September - I did it in March one year, for my DD and niece, and their actual birthdays were in April and May :goodvibes.

definitely not too early in August for a birthday cake celebration in September - I did it in March one year, for my DD and niece, and their actual birthdays were in April and May :goodvibes.

We also did an early "disney birthday"for my ds in may - got him a giant birthday badge to wear and everything - he got loads of attention! We also did the cake in Cafe MIckey and he LOVED it!

Have a super fab trip:goodvibes:goodvibes
Amanda

I think it would be fine to buy the cake early. :goodvibes They certainly never check if it really is a birthday. It sounds like you are going to have a fab trip. :goodvibes

Sounds like some lovely plans :thumbsup2 And I agree, not too early for birthday celebrations :goodvibes

Great plans :thumbsup2 we stayed at the NPB last summer and loved it there, we were there in that heatwave of 40C and the pool was a godsend. Walt's is my favourite restaurant too. :)

And I'm with the others in that it's fine to celebrate a birthday early or late - I bet more than half the people with cakes aren't there on their actual day but are just celebrating it earlier or later.

Thanks all! :)
Will order the cake. Getting even ore excited! If that is at all possible!

:)
Thanks guys. Me thinks a cake in Inventions is in order rather than Cafe Mickey! ;)

Just my opinion but personally I wouldn't - Inventions is so expensive and if you have a cake there you probably won't be able to do justice to all those scrumptious desserts! I'd have it in Cafe Mickey as your dessert.

OOH! Ware Bears! You have a very good point-a bit of a waste of the premium meal voucher .... Hmmmm! You have me thinking ... which is dangerous! We were thinking Inventions only because there are so many birthday cakes in Cafe Mickey ...

Since we booked in January, we have been throwing change into a money box and I have been putting a note each week out of my pay packet in there too ...
DD and DS counted it up this afternoon ... £350 spending money! And then I received a cheque for doing some market research! We've never had spendies like this before!

So! The plan is. Overnight from Portsmoth to Caen then drive to DLP[/QUOTE]

DO YOU LIVE IN PORTSMOUTH? JUST BECAUSE THAT IS TOTALLY WHERE I LIVE :D!? Just being curious here haha

Lol! Not far from Portsmouth :D Its fab to be able to sail overnight and then just have a couple of hours drive to the magic isnt it?

I love living here for that reason - train next door, Dover and Folkestone in arms reach....3hr drive and bang! Spoilt for travel options :) fabbo!!

I have just a real silly moment!
Just imagine talking to an estate agent about your requirements for buying a house...
"It must have easy access for me to get to France."
"For work?"
"No! Disney you fool!"
:rotfl2:

I have another question. Its been three years since we stayed in NPB admirals floor and I cant remember if they have kettles! Just trying to save on packing space! (Or make room for my Disney treasures... Just dont tell DH! )

Thanks Elaine :)
We have options round Portsmouth too you know. We can catch the ferry, drive three hours to Dover or swim for it! ....

We've also got a large garden if anyone wants to pitch lol!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter