6th Annual Christmas Thread

i think it's safe to say that i'm over the moon in love with the fact that we are visiting disney at christmas. this will be our very first disney trip ever - and likely the last. well, we'll SEE about that! haha.

we've been talking about disney for years and finally decided to bite the bullet this year. my husband was granted vacation from november 30-december 17. we are heading to orlando and staying in a seaworld hotel from dec 3-8, and then hopping over to pop century where we are staying from dec 8-13.

a few months ago, we asked the kids...if we went to florida would you like to do disney or would you like to do seaworld? they both said, SEAWORLD! DOLPHINS!! so i went ahead and booked that. then i said to my husband...i've always wanted to see disney at christmas. i'd kick myself in the rear so bad if i came back home having skipped disney when i was RIGHT THERE!

so we are doing a day at discovery cove, a day or two at seaworld, a beach day, if weather permits, a shopping day, and disney days.

the 'problem' with this trip at christmas is the sheer magnitude of price. it is an incredibly expensive trip and while i don't mind spending the money on a once in a lifetime experience at all, it will definitely cut into our 'santa' gift money so i'm going to make the most of our florida days and tell the kids santa played a hand in it :)

i have booked a few little extra special experiences at disney that are early christmas gifts, essentially. one is a trip to bibbidi bobbidi boutique (man, that is a hard one to type!), haircuts at harmony barber shop, tomorrowland dessert party, and a holiday sleigh ride at fort wilderness. aside from that, we are keeping our trip relatively simple and not doing much shopping. i'm giving the kids each a bit of spending money to choose their own gifts.

one of my daughters celebrates her birthday the week we are in orlando, so it's a double whammy for her - christmas and birthday in the happiest place on earth. my girls are 8 and (to be) 10.

as for under the tree gifts, i'm thinking of doing up family photos in albums for each of the girls from our vacation as a special gift from mom and dad. i'd really like to get them each a cheap camera for the trip and call it a christmas gift..but i'd be too worried that they'd either a) lose the cameras or b) break them, at their ages.

two things i'm excited for the absolute most:

christmas decorations at the grand floridian
osbourne lights

my kids are going to go bananas when they see both.

Have a great trip! We love Disney at Christmas. We went one year the first week of December. The gingerbread house at the grand floridian is awesome!

Can I join??? :wave2:

Around here I'm known as the Christmas lady cause I love to go all out... bt I I can't believe how much some of you have done already! (and I say that cause I'm impressed, not in the judgemental way most people say it).

Last year we put up the tree early and decorated it in oranges and golds for Fall/Thanksgiving. I don't have the energy this year, but I'm already getting my plans in order for the holidays. Looking forward to getting some good inspiration from you ladies :thumbsup2

Can I join??? :wave2:

Around here I'm known as the Christmas lady cause I love to go all out... bt I I can't believe how much some of you have done already! (and I say that cause I'm impressed, not in the judgemental way most people say it).

Last year we put up the tree early and decorated it in oranges and golds for Fall/Thanksgiving. I don't have the energy this year, but I'm already getting my plans in order for the holidays. Looking forward to getting some good inspiration from you ladies :thumbsup2

Of course you can join!! :welcome: We love Christmas lovers!!
My dd has one of the Gotz dolls from Pottery Barn. She is the blonde doll and soooo pretty!! She has decided for Christmas she would like a couple of things to go with her and the Brunette doll also. And just a head's up…they have free shipping on dolls till Dec 2.

I went to the mall this morning (I generally avoid the mall). Found two necklaces for my MIL. I also had a great yankee candle coupon that was in the paper. So I bought four small tumblers and I'll give one of those to the first grade teacher with a starbucks gift card.

I just went to Target to check out 90% off Halloween sale and ended up getting DS12 pair of Shawn White Pants, Shirt, and Fedora using Target Carthweel and Mobile coupon it only cost me $25 for all three. I also picked up DD 2014 Doggie Calendar and DH deck of camping cards from dollar spot. I am slowly making progress.

Good Afternoon Ladies!! Well, my daughter has been saving and saving for a new camera~she sold one of her American Girl dolls today and we got the camera…I have one happy little Chickadee here!! And it was on sale and she left with $20!! Way to go for shopping the sales sister!!:thumbsup2

:santa:7WEEKS TIL CHRISTMAS!!!!
56 DAYS!!:santa:

Good Afternoon Ladies!! Well, my daughter has been saving and saving for a new camera~she sold one of her American Girl dolls today and we got the camera…I have one happy little Chickadee here!! And it was on sale and she left with $20!! Way to go for shopping the sales sister!!:thumbsup2

:santa:7WEEKS TIL CHRISTMAS!!!!
56 DAYS!!:santa:

7 weeks is not enough time, especially with our trip coming up (and yours too!)! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

7 weeks is not enough time, especially with our trip coming up (and yours too!)! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I KNOW!!!! :faint: What are we gonna do?!!!:faint: Well, we are mommy/wife …we will get it all done in time! We always do! I have to admit…I still haven't bought Christmas!!! But, if y'all remember we were debating on NYC for Christmas…well, the kids would rather go in the spring. I think we are going to spend the week AFTER Christmas in Dallas. Not sure, but that is more affordable and what is probably going to work out the best. So…dd has picked out some new stuff to go with her GOTZ doll, ds14 of course wants more LEGOs…DS17,,turning 18 the first part of Dec still has NO clue what he wants!!! I will get my nephew LEGOs, and maybe a GC to the movies or a restaurant for him and his mom…my mom and my hubby…no clue yet. My moms birthday is the day before TDay this year..already have part of her bday….so.. I will probably time my Pottery Barn order to come in when we are gone so my mom can hide it for me….. LEGOs can be purchased on the sly!! I saw some super cute wrapping paper at the Hallmark store Monday, so I will probably go back and get it. I feel better having a plan!!!
Me and my dd are working on packing stuff for Disney this week….. If I am shipping anything, I have to do it Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I will probably put up my tree and indoor decor next week… Have to see how the days run together! LOL!!

I just bought a gift for DH's grandma- she is so hard to buy for! She's allergic to a lot of things (any fabric that isn't 100% cotton, anything with a scent, etc) and she is kind of a crazy hoarder of ceramic collectibles, so there's no room in her house for "stuff". But she does have a great garden, so I picked up a Stepping Stone Kit at Walmart (similar to this, but mine was $10 and makes 4 stones http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001G...qid=1383773814&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70). I will have the kids each put their handprint and name on one and decorate it however they want. I hope they turn out ok!

I just bought a gift for DH's grandma- she is so hard to buy for! She's allergic to a lot of things (any fabric that isn't 100% cotton, anything with a scent, etc) and she is kind of a crazy hoarder of ceramic collectibles, so there's no room in her house for "stuff". But she does have a great garden, so I picked up a Stepping Stone Kit at Walmart (similar to this, but mine was $10 and makes 4 stones http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001G...qid=1383773814&sr=8-12&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70). I will have the kids each put their handprint and name on one and decorate it however they want. I hope they turn out ok!

I just met someone with allergies like this. We are going to visit her soon and there is a lot to think about to make sure her allergies dont act up.

Finally started shopping and now I am getting excited! I picked up a dvd and some speakers for DD14 yesterday and today DD16 showed me the exact pair of earbuds she wants. They were the last pair and they were on sale so I pretended I had to go to the bathroom and sent her off to finish shopping while I ran off to get them. Luckily they were easy to hide. Then later I ran to the store for some last minute things for a trip we are taking next week. While I was out I picked up a tower style Superman puzzle for DD14s stocking. Ive got a few things in my Amazon cart Im going to order tomorrow so I feel like Im starting to move forward. Im having a hard time with DH. I bought him a rifle as a combination anniversary/early Christmas gift this year so Im not looking for anything big but I do want some stuff for him under the tree. Yesterday he mentioned wanting a portable radio to take to the range so I will probably pick up that and a gc for Bass Pro to buy ammo. Today we saw a KC Chiefs garden knome that he liked so I may get that. The only other things I can think of are the Game of Thrones books and soft throw for his recliner.

My DD has a birthday party on Saturday and DS's are going to in laws to help my FIL with some things to earn extra money, so I am planning to get some more shopping done. :goodvibes

:wave: Hi everyone! Didn't read thru all the posts yet in here but would like to join in. I REALLY love Christmas & Thanksgiving.. Black Friday too, love my traditions!

I learned last year to not buy many presents before Black Friday b/c it always ends up being priced a little cheaper on BF... this of course is NOT counting the very good sale prices on seasonal things after they are on clearance, toys in August, etc.. but I just don't enjoy shopping much throughout the year-- I much prefer a nice big shopping trip on BF. (er, now thanksgiving too).

My husband is working between 90 and 110 hours a week for the next few weeks so I don't think I will have the chance to go out shopping like I want to. I found some cool stuff on Amazon but I really want to get out to some stores. I will try and post a list of what I have so far for my 4 girls. I go crazy at Christmas and they all get more than they need. It's my favorite time of year and they don't get fun things except at their birthdays and of course Christmas.

I picked up some duck tape at AC Moore today for 3 for 10.00. I placed an order at the Disney store yesterday and got a few things. I bought 42 Little People figurines off of ebay for 42 bucks. My 2 year old is going to be soooo happy!

Hope you all get some bargains this weekend. I can't wait for Black Friday but I will have to go alone. My sis won't go with me and I still haven't made any friends here in North Carolina.

My dses ipods came yesterday so I feel like a weight has been lifted, I have in my possession all of my kids big gifts :cool1: I thought I was done with my dd but she mentioned that when she gets her iphone she wouln't be able to use her current clock/radio dock with it so I found one at BJs for a not so bad price. I am seriously not allowed to get her anything else!

I've finally decided that I am getting dh a Carhartt jacket and I'm going to try to find an event that happens after Christmas and get tickets for it. Last year I gave him tix to see Jim Gaffigan and he was really excited about those.

I'm thinking about getting my little nephews personalized blankets from the Disney store and I'll get them each a book too. Anyone have those blankets, are the really thin?

Still clueless on everyone else.

Ordered PS Vita for DS and electric razor for DH. Getting near the end. Mainly gift cards left. All of the big stuff bought.

My husband is working between 90 and 110 hours a week for the next few weeks so I don't think I will have the chance to go out shopping like I want to. I found some cool stuff on Amazon but I really want to get out to some stores. I will try and post a list of what I have so far for my 4 girls. I go crazy at Christmas and they all get more than they need. It's my favorite time of year and they don't get fun things except at their birthdays and of course Christmas.

I picked up some duck tape at AC Moore today for 3 for 10.00. I placed an order at the Disney store yesterday and got a few things. I bought 42 Little People figurines off of ebay for 42 bucks. My 2 year old is going to be soooo happy!

Hope you all get some bargains this weekend. I can't wait for Black Friday but I will have to go alone. My sis won't go with me and I still haven't made any friends here in North Carolina.

I live in western NC in Lenoir.

I'm slowly making progress. My in laws are difficult to shop for so I'm stuck there.

It's amazing how quickly all the $$ adds up! I use a budget spreadsheet and I feel like I've only bought a few things (but in reality I'm 65% done!).

I'm slowly making progress. My in laws are difficult to shop for so I'm stuck there.

It's amazing how quickly all the $$ adds up! I use a budget spreadsheet and I feel like I've only bought a few things (but in reality I'm 65% done!).

Good for you!!:thumbsup2 Yes…the money does trickle out quickly!!

I feel like I haven't gotten anything done, but I've gotten a lot of bits and pieces. A book I preordered for DS9 came, and a pair of over the ear headphones I got a good deal on. I've gotten most of my stocking stuffers except for candy now and that I will just pick up when I grocery shop. I cut way back on stocking stuffers this year, though, in the past their stockings were overflowing and it was ridiculous.

If anyone needs stocking stuffer ideas, here's what I got:

DD17: fun socks
Fingernail polish kit with three graduated colors
Splat ball thing (looks like an egg, you throw it and it looks like it breaks)
Candy
4-pack of frappuccino under her stocking

DS16: I heart my pen** hand sanitizer
Splat ball
Hot Wheel car (tradition)
Candy
Stewart's root beer

DS14: batman earbuds
Splat ball
Hot Wheels car (tradition)
Candy
Stewart's root beer

DS12: Crazy Cubes
Splat Ball
Hot Wheels car
Candy
YooHoo

DS9: Stuffed Perry the Playpus
Splat ball
Hot Wheels car
Candy
Stewart's root beer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter