6th Annual Christmas Thread

I'm jealous of those that wrap as they go! For some reason, that never works out for me. Either it's the kids or the cats or something (actually probably my dollar store paper), but mine always rip and I end up having to wrap again closer to xmas. It ends up easier for me to just do them all in December! This year though I will be 33 weeks pregnant at xmas so it might work in my favor to wrap now, before I get too uncomfortable!

Do they have a favorite puzzle, you can have it framed.
What about one of those mats that you can roll up that keeps the puzzle together so you can store it while you aren't working on it?
3-D puzzles?

My dad is retired, has been for years. I usually get him something golf related but I think through the years I have gotten him pretty much everything. Every year it gets harder to think of things for him.

I get my Dad golf cart certificates for all his year round gifts. He loves getting them. Told my Mom I was going to get something different and she said no he loves getting them. He already has a year round unlimited for playing golf but the carts are extra.

I get my Dad golf cart certificates for all his year round gifts. He loves getting them. Told my Mom I was going to get something different and she said no he loves getting them. He already has a year round unlimited for playing golf but the carts are extra.

Ha! I get my dad GCs too -- Bass Pro Shops or Cracker Barrel. My mom gets Amazon GCs usually but for Christmas I always re-up her People subscription. Same here -- I thought about changing it up but they asked me not to. Makes shopping easy. And my mom has the puzzle mat and loves it.

Alright! I sat down and wrapped all the Christmas presents in the house. Whew! Only a few things to buy and I am DONE!!!

Dd and I wrapped all our gifts this past weekend! I am 100% done!! I even have 85% of our stocking stuffers bought and put aside. I just need to get fresh chocolates/candies and lottery tickets closer to the day.:cool1:

Dd and I wrapped all our gifts this past weekend! I am 100% done!! I even have 85% of our stocking stuffers bought and put aside. I just need to get fresh chocolates/candies and lottery tickets closer to the day.:cool1:

Awesome! I just ordered stockings for us since last year we didn't get one for our little guy. Now that our family is complete I ordered some and they should be here soon :). I think I have everything for stockings besides candy and whatever I am going to get DH. He is hard to buy for and we said no large gifts this year

I told my MIL this weekend that we're not buying for adults this year. I was dreading the conversation, but she was actually relieved and told me she thought it was a great idea because she never knows what to get anyone. I'm glad that's over with, of course now that I said it I keep thinking of things to buy her :laughing:.

I am going to do a little shopping tomorrow. My plan is to buy the Kohl's cares for kids snoopy and woodstock for DD's stocking and I'm going to order Skylander's Swap Force for DS12. That is going to be his big gift so I'm glad to be getting that out of the way.

Thank you so much for that idea, that would be absolutely perfect for my dad. He has knee problems and he's stubborn and cheap so I know he wouldn't pay extra for a cart. :rotfl: He golfs at a few different places so I'll have to find out which ones I can do that at. I had no idea that you could do that, thanks again!

I finished dd's stocking today. I got her a bunch of accessories for the iphone she is getting. I thought I was going to get a great deal because I bought a $20 voucher for Overstock on Livingsocial for $8 using a coupon code. Turns out it excluded cell phone accessories. So I ended up spending $20 for her stuff.
I got her a tripod, a charging cord and plug, a car plug, a waterproof bag and a case, all pink like she wanted. I had gotten her a case at Target but I have to return it, it turns out its red.

I told my MIL this weekend that we're not buying for adults this year. I was dreading the conversation, but she was actually relieved and told me she thought it was a great idea because she never knows what to get anyone. I'm glad that's over with, of course now that I said it I keep thinking of things to buy her :laughing:.

I am going to do a little shopping tomorrow. My plan is to buy the Kohl's cares for kids snoopy and woodstock for DD's stocking and I'm going to order Skylander's Swap Force for DS12. That is going to be his big gift so I'm glad to be getting that out of the way.

I had NO intention of getting these, but I was at Kohl's today and they are SOOOOO cute. We have a snoopy that has a santa outfit on so I think I may have to go back to get Woodstock and Charlie Brown and a book or two. I can't resist!

Thank you so much for that idea, that would be absolutely perfect for my dad. He has knee problems and he's stubborn and cheap so I know he wouldn't pay extra for a cart. :rotfl: He golfs at a few different places so I'll have to find out which ones I can do that at. I had no idea that you could do that, thanks again!

I finished dd's stocking today. I got her a bunch of accessories for the iphone she is getting. I thought I was going to get a great deal because I bought a $20 voucher for Overstock on Livingsocial for $8 using a coupon code. Turns out it excluded cell phone accessories. So I ended up spending $20 for her stuff.
I got her a tripod, a charging cord and plug, a car plug, a waterproof bag and a case, all pink like she wanted. I had gotten her a case at Target but I have to return it, it turns out its red.

Mine hàs had knee replacement and is looking at hip after Christmas so he can recover before spring. That way it does not mess with his golf fun as much.

Alright! I sat down and wrapped all the Christmas presents in the house. Whew! Only a few things to buy and I am DONE!!!

Congrats to both of you!!! Way to go!!:thumbsup2

I just ordered custom fabric to make dishtowels for my Mom for Christmas. We scanned in recipe cards hand written by my Grandmothers and Great Grandma, then I will finish the edges. My Mom will be able to see their hand writing on a daily basis and they will be something useful!

Bought DD a rainbow loom last night. I wish I would be creative enough to come up with these type of gadgets and make millions. :rotfl2: Of course since it is a hot item you could not use any coupons on it or the replacement bands. They even had a sign up limiting the number you can buy. I figured I better pick it up now so I don't have to worry about them running out. This will actually be for her birthday, which is Dec. 24th. My mom picked up a wreck it journal for her as well. She is my hard child to buy for as she doesn't play with toys. She never has.

Bought DD a rainbow loom last night. I wish I would be creative enough to come up with these type of gadgets and make millions. :rotfl2: Of course since it is a hot item you could not use any coupons on it or the replacement bands. They even had a sign up limiting the number you can buy. I figured I better pick it up now so I don't have to worry about them running out. This will actually be for her birthday, which is Dec. 24th. My mom picked up a wreck it journal for her as well. She is my hard child to buy for as she doesn't play with toys. She never has.

I think my DD might enjoy the rainbow loom. Are there different brands of these? Is one better than the other? Thanks!

I know Toys R Us has a loom (Cra-Z Loom or something?) that is supposed to be good, but I have read negative reviews of other "generic" looms- they're not as good quality.

Isn't it a bummer how you can't use a coupon on the Rainbow Loom or the bands? I went to a local toy store and got it for $14.99, so a couple bucks cheaper than Michaels. Then I went to Michaels with a 40% off coupon and got a cute little case for it that ended up being $5!

I have a new dilemma. The major gift for my ds15 is we are flying him to France for a school exchange program in Feb. He obviously knows all about it. He's still getting a bunch of small presents -- movies, gift cards, calendars, ornaments etc., but I want to find a way to highlight that he's getting this big gift so he won't be sad on Christmas, when he's used to opening a big surprise. I'm trying to think of something we could give him to bring the trip to the forefront of his mind. My dh is adamant that this is his big gift and I am not to buy something else. We just had an exchange student visit for 10 days, and my son is going to stay with his family when he visits. The student did not buy much in the way of souvenirs...I'm sure my son will want to buy more though. I was thinking maybe wrapping up some euros? He already has a suitcase and travel kit, although I will buy more travel size items to go in his stocking. I'm hoping you guys have some ideas!

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

I have a new dilemma. The major gift for my ds15 is we are flying him to France for a school exchange program in Feb. He obviously knows all about it. He's still getting a bunch of small presents -- movies, gift cards, calendars, ornaments etc., but I want to find a way to highlight that he's getting this big gift so he won't be sad on Christmas, when he's used to opening a big surprise. I'm trying to think of something we could give him to bring the trip to the forefront of his mind. My dh is adamant that this is his big gift and I am not to buy something else. We just had an exchange student visit for 10 days, and my son is going to stay with his family when he visits. The student did not buy much in the way of souvenirs...I'm sure my son will want to buy more though. I was thinking maybe wrapping up some euros? He already has a suitcase and travel kit, although I will buy more travel size items to go in his stocking. I'm hoping you guys have some ideas!

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

If he has all of his travel items I would probably give him some Euros and do something "cute" like wrap up a box with a little toy plane, an eiffel tower, a map of France, a street map of the city he will be visiting.

I think my DD might enjoy the rainbow loom. Are there different brands of these? Is one better than the other? Thanks!

I believe there are diffenent types of these but DD asked for rainbow loom so that is what I got. I am not sure the difference.

I bought DD's at Michaels. It was $16,99 and the replacement packages of bands were $3.99. The Rainbow Loom kit came with enough bands to make 24 bracelets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter