6th Annual Christmas Thread

I was looking at my lists and I'm more "well on my way" than I thought I was. YAY! I do still have a few people I don't have a clue what to get them, but I'll figure it out eventually.

MIL & FIL - putting together a basket of things for them to take on their 14 day cruise in March - RCCL gift card for excursions or the spa; Aviiq charging station thingy, gadget so they can take pictures off their camera and load onto the iPad to free up space and I'll probably throw a bottle of wine and a bottle of Jack Daniels in there (for the cruise or not) ;) - Haven't bought any of this yet, but at least I know what I'm getting.

DH's Grandma - no clue

Nephew14 - gift certificate to Go Ape Tree Top Adventure (DD will get one too and I'll just take them both in the spring)

My Mom & Dad - no clue.

Niece8 & Nephew5 - both getting a lego set and a family game (they have Friday Family game nights). Just need to get the games.

DH - we will just stuff stockings this year and not spend much on each other. We redid and expanded our deck this summer and that was a big chunck of change and we are headed to Disney in December, so we are good.

3 dance teachers - got them all infinity scarves. This is done thanks to a great deal via the Target Cartwheel app

Teacher & bus driver - will do gift cards & homemade baked goodies

For DD (and here is where I go crazy). We do Cmas big 'round here :santa:

On Cmas Eve she'll get
Cmas PJs
Rainbow loom accessories - case to keep all the stuff in, more bands, charms and I've been collecting "How To" videos from You tube and Pinterest for different styles to make.

From Santa
Jewelry armoire - still shopping for this
DVD player - DH is responsible for getting this
AG volleyball outfit
Lego Friends cruise ship
Cowboy boots & outfit to go with
Monsters University movie - preordered from Amazon and will put together a movie night popcorn bucket
Both Despicable Me movies - same as above
Webkinz - she always get the December pet of the month
Gift Card Tree - most gift cards will be for clothes shopping for spring

Her stocking will have earbuds, candy, Bath & Body stuff, nail polishes

From Us:
We are redoing her bathroom so I've bought the shower curtain, towels & accessories for that. It's a surf, beach, flip flop theme and she got the AG Tropical coloring book a few years ago and it had some 10x10 pictures in there that she did a beautiful job coloring so I am going to frame some of those for the walls

She'll get a few new outfits (going shopping today because I ordered some things from the Gap and they are too small. We need to go do some trying on for sizes. Having a 5'2" young 10 year old is proving tough on the shopping).

Some new dance clothes
New volleyball shorts
Anything she needs for swim (I'm not sure she does. I need to check)
New sports bras, panties & socks
Go Ape Tree Top adventure gift card
Giant dry erase board for her "hang out" room

We are headed to Disney 11/30 so next week when Halloween is over, I will start undecorating "fall" and putting up Cmas on the inside. I'll leave fall on the outside so my neighbors don't think I'm completely crazy :) I want the inside decorating DONE before we leave. We come home 12/6 so we'll do the outside that weekend and then I'll use the rest of December to finish up shopping, get my wrapping done (will try to knock that out before but it might not happen) and enjoy the holiday season!

well you are certainly planned~that's half the battle!!! I put my stuff up inside a lot sooner than my outdoor decor too~but my hubs loves Christmas,so the inside doesn't go up too early for him!

I was looking at my lists and I'm more "well on my way" than I thought I was. YAY! I do still have a few people I don't have a clue what to get them, but I'll figure it out eventually.

MIL & FIL - putting together a basket of things for them to take on their 14 day cruise in March - RCCL gift card for excursions or the spa; Aviiq charging station thingy, gadget so they can take pictures off their camera and load onto the iPad to free up space and I'll probably throw a bottle of wine and a bottle of Jack Daniels in there (for the cruise or not) ;) - Haven't bought any of this yet, but at least I know what I'm getting.

DH's Grandma - no clue

Nephew14 - gift certificate to Go Ape Tree Top Adventure (DD will get one too and I'll just take them both in the spring)

My Mom & Dad - no clue.

Niece8 & Nephew5 - both getting a lego set and a family game (they have Friday Family game nights). Just need to get the games.

DH - we will just stuff stockings this year and not spend much on each other. We redid and expanded our deck this summer and that was a big chunck of change and we are headed to Disney in December, so we are good.

3 dance teachers - got them all infinity scarves. This is done thanks to a great deal via the Target Cartwheel app

Teacher & bus driver - will do gift cards & homemade baked goodies

For DD (and here is where I go crazy). We do Cmas big 'round here :santa:

On Cmas Eve she'll get
Cmas PJs
Rainbow loom accessories - case to keep all the stuff in, more bands, charms and I've been collecting "How To" videos from You tube and Pinterest for different styles to make.

From Santa
Jewelry armoire - still shopping for this
DVD player - DH is responsible for getting this
AG volleyball outfit
Lego Friends cruise ship
Cowboy boots & outfit to go with
Monsters University movie - preordered from Amazon and will put together a movie night popcorn bucket
Both Despicable Me movies - same as above
Webkinz - she always get the December pet of the month
Gift Card Tree - most gift cards will be for clothes shopping for spring

Her stocking will have earbuds, candy, Bath & Body stuff, nail polishes

From Us:
We are redoing her bathroom so I've bought the shower curtain, towels & accessories for that. It's a surf, beach, flip flop theme and she got the AG Tropical coloring book a few years ago and it had some 10x10 pictures in there that she did a beautiful job coloring so I am going to frame some of those for the walls

She'll get a few new outfits (going shopping today because I ordered some things from the Gap and they are too small. We need to go do some trying on for sizes. Having a 5'2" young 10 year old is proving tough on the shopping).

Some new dance clothes
New volleyball shorts
Anything she needs for swim (I'm not sure she does. I need to check)
New sports bras, panties & socks
Go Ape Tree Top adventure gift card
Giant dry erase board for her "hang out" room

We are headed to Disney 11/30 so next week when Halloween is over, I will start undecorating "fall" and putting up Cmas on the inside. I'll leave fall on the outside so my neighbors don't think I'm completely crazy :) I want the inside decorating DONE before we leave. We come home 12/6 so we'll do the outside that weekend and then I'll use the rest of December to finish up shopping, get my wrapping done (will try to knock that out before but it might not happen) and enjoy the holiday season!

This is the jewelry organizer we got for our daughter, It's awesome. Has much more space for things than any other organizer we've seen. http://www.amazon.com/Overdoor-Jewe...=1382794709&sr=8-8&keywords=jewelry+organizer

This is the jewelry organizer we got for our daughter, It's awesome. Has much more space for things than any other organizer we've seen. http://www.amazon.com/Overdoor-Jewe...=1382794709&sr=8-8&keywords=jewelry+organizer

Thanks, but my DD is WAY to messy for that. I need this stuff contained :rotfl:

OK. So DD threw at me this morning a few things out of the AG catalog. UGH! So I have a sizing question. How to the PJs run for girls. She wants matching Julie PJs and the largest size is a "L". My DD is 5'1", weighs about 90 pounds, wears a size 12, sometimes 14 for length from Justice. Any thoughts on how these PJs might fit??

By the way, for those looking, AG has free shipping right now until 11/26. Code is PF39358 when you spend at least $100.

I was looking at my lists and I'm more "well on my way" than I thought I was. YAY! I do still have a few people I don't have a clue what to get them, but I'll figure it out eventually. MIL & FIL - putting together a basket of things for them to take on their 14 day cruise in March - RCCL gift card for excursions or the spa; Aviiq charging station thingy, gadget so they can take pictures off their camera and load onto the iPad to free up space and I'll probably throw a bottle of wine and a bottle of Jack Daniels in there (for the cruise or not) ;) - Haven't bought any of this yet, but at least I know what I'm getting. DH's Grandma - no clue Nephew14 - gift certificate to Go Ape Tree Top Adventure (DD will get one too and I'll just take them both in the spring) My Mom & Dad - no clue. Niece8 & Nephew5 - both getting a lego set and a family game (they have Friday Family game nights). Just need to get the games. DH - we will just stuff stockings this year and not spend much on each other. We redid and expanded our deck this summer and that was a big chunck of change and we are headed to Disney in December, so we are good. 3 dance teachers - got them all infinity scarves. This is done thanks to a great deal via the Target Cartwheel app Teacher & bus driver - will do gift cards & homemade baked goodies For DD (and here is where I go crazy). We do Cmas big 'round here :santa: On Cmas Eve she'll get Cmas PJs Rainbow loom accessories - case to keep all the stuff in, more bands, charms and I've been collecting "How To" videos from You tube and Pinterest for different styles to make. From Santa Jewelry armoire - still shopping for this DVD player - DH is responsible for getting this AG volleyball outfit Lego Friends cruise ship Cowboy boots & outfit to go with Monsters University movie - preordered from Amazon and will put together a movie night popcorn bucket Both Despicable Me movies - same as above Webkinz - she always get the December pet of the month Gift Card Tree - most gift cards will be for clothes shopping for spring Her stocking will have earbuds, candy, Bath & Body stuff, nail polishes From Us: We are redoing her bathroom so I've bought the shower curtain, towels & accessories for that. It's a surf, beach, flip flop theme and she got the AG Tropical coloring book a few years ago and it had some 10x10 pictures in there that she did a beautiful job coloring so I am going to frame some of those for the walls She'll get a few new outfits (going shopping today because I ordered some things from the Gap and they are too small. We need to go do some trying on for sizes. Having a 5'2" young 10 year old is proving tough on the shopping). Some new dance clothes New volleyball shorts Anything she needs for swim (I'm not sure she does. I need to check) New sports bras, panties & socks Go Ape Tree Top adventure gift card Giant dry erase board for her "hang out" room We are headed to Disney 11/30 so next week when Halloween is over, I will start undecorating "fall" and putting up Cmas on the inside. I'll leave fall on the outside so my neighbors don't think I'm completely crazy :) I want the inside decorating DONE before we leave. We come home 12/6 so we'll do the outside that weekend and then I'll use the rest of December to finish up shopping, get my wrapping done (will try to knock that out before but it might not happen) and enjoy the holiday season!

Your little girl is so lucky! I always enjoy reading what you are buying for her.

I could use some help with DD. We -- okay, I -- had said we'd get her a tablet, particularly as we could use points from my work awards to get it for free. But DH understandably had issues getting a tablet for a 6YO and so we are waiting a couple years and getting her roller skates (maybe blades) (which we have suggested to her and she has jumped on as THE thing she wants from Santa :cool1:) She is also getting from Santa a little kiddie makeup thing from Claire's, kinetic sand, hair clips, sticker earrings, dance bag, leg warmers, a plastic recorder ($5!) and a couple books. I think Santa is DONE. She and DS are getting 2 games for the kinect jointly.

But question is what to tell other folks to get her, primarily MIL. Originally MIL was going to get a dance bag and leg warmers but then decided that wasn't "fun" and asked for other ideas. So I told her a design your own headband thing or a potholder loom kit might be great and I could see DD enjoying those (she's asked for the headband thing). Also suggested some books or movies. MIL said those weren't "fun" either. I mentioned the roller skates previously and she LOVED that idea and wanted me to find some for her that would fit DD well. Well, now santa is getting either roller skates or roller blades so MIL is going to have to think of something else.

In addition to an overly demanding MIL, I would like to give a few more ideas for other folks to get her. Any gift ideas? Bonus points if they meet MIL's non-defined definition of "fun."

To share, DD is a hard one to shop for in certain respects. She likes dolls but never plays with them, no matter what kind (AG, Barbie, Polly Pocket, Monster High, etc. -- nothin'). She is still working on her reading but not a huge reader yet. She is taking a dance class that she likes a lot but not obsessed. She swims (we make her for safety reasons) but has plenty of swimsuits and gear. She likes drawing and stuff like that and movies. She's growing out of the dress-up phase. Very girly, likes makeup, lip gloss, high heels, etc. She is interested in music (very much) but we agreed that while she just started dance, we'd wait until next year to discuss starting real music beyond the recorder for her to goof around on and piling on activities.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have the design your own headband thing and I'm still suggested the potholder loom. But that's all I got for a bunch of relatives. :confused3

Pesky said:
I could use some help with DD. We -- okay, I -- had said we'd get her a tablet, particularly as we could use points from my work awards to get it for free. But DH understandably had issues getting a tablet for a 6YO and so we are waiting a couple years and getting her roller skates (maybe blades) (which we have suggested to her and she has jumped on as THE thing she wants from Santa :cool1:) She is also getting from Santa a little kiddie makeup thing from Claire's, kinetic sand, hair clips, sticker earrings, dance bag, leg warmers, a plastic recorder ($5!) and a couple books. I think Santa is DONE. She and DS are getting 2 games for the kinect jointly.

But question is what to tell other folks to get her, primarily MIL. Originally MIL was going to get a dance bag and leg warmers but then decided that wasn't "fun" and asked for other ideas. So I told her a design your own headband thing or a potholder loom kit might be great and I could see DD enjoying those (she's asked for the headband thing). Also suggested some books or movies. MIL said those weren't "fun" either. I mentioned the roller skates previously and she LOVED that idea and wanted me to find some for her that would fit DD well. Well, now santa is getting either roller skates or roller blades so MIL is going to have to think of something else.

In addition to an overly demanding MIL, I would like to give a few more ideas for other folks to get her. Any gift ideas? Bonus points if they meet MIL's non-defined definition of "fun."

To share, DD is a hard one to shop for in certain respects. She likes dolls but never plays with them, no matter what kind (AG, Barbie, Polly Pocket, Monster High, etc. -- nothin'). She is still working on her reading but not a huge reader yet. She is taking a dance class that she likes a lot but not obsessed. She swims (we make her for safety reasons) but has plenty of swimsuits and gear. She likes drawing and stuff like that and movies. She's growing out of the dress-up phase. Very girly, likes makeup, lip gloss, high heels, etc. She is interested in music (very much) but we agreed that while she just started dance, we'd wait until next year to discuss starting real music beyond the recorder for her to goof around on and piling on activities.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We have the design your own headband thing and I'm still suggested the potholder loom. But that's all I got for a bunch of relatives. :confused3

When DD10 was that she loved the Junie B Jones books and Littlest Pet Shops. Actually, she still plays with the LPS' at least once a week. Also, any of the bead kits for jewelry.

And your MIL, I feel like maybe she's wanting to do the big whoop gift to outdo Santa and Mom and Dad?

Ahh, feeling so accomplished. My son decided to wake me up at 5:30 so I did some internet shopping on etsy and ordered some presents for his step sister. Now I just need to figure out her brother :/.

9 year old boy, likes trains, originally from Peru and has a mom who buys him everything! Any ideas???

Your little girl is so lucky! I always enjoy reading what you are buying for her.

Awww thanks. She's so fun to buy for too because she really doesn't ask for a lot and is always happy with EVERYTHING. That's one of the reasons I do things like redoing her bathroom. Going to do it anyway, but she likes to see tons under the tree and loves to just unwrap and ooh & ahh over things....

Does she have the rainbow loom? Its very popular around here and my 6YO neice loves hers too. Is she in to Lego Friends? That stuffs not cheap. If MIL wants a WOW gift, let her buy some of those :rotfl: What about a karaoke machine? DD got a "play" guitar around that age and she's used it a lot to fiddle around with. She and her friends had a band at one point. LOL! Now she is asking for a real guitar and lessons but we are putting that off 'til summer. There are really nice drawing books & art kits out there. What about an art table? We got DD one for her room a few years back.

Well I am started shopping and I probably would have been done shopping already if it wasn't for my mom stealing all of my ideas for my kids. :lmao: We do not buy for our families except for my nephew which he is 17 and I will probably just get him a gas card and maybe shirt or something to go with it.

I have bought for DS6-
Lighting McQueen model car with extra accessories
Octonauts Gup B

We are planning on buying him,
A plazma car
pop up soccer goals
Monsters university scare game
a few toy story toys
and misc octonauts toys

We have bought for DS4-
Jake and the never land pirates tree house
Jake and the Never Land pirates wagon
Octo pod
Octonauts Gup G
Jake wall puzzle (DS room is going to be this theme)

We are going to get him,
A plazma car
a tool bench
More Jake and Octonauts toys

Both boys will get a few games and puzzle. I think that we are doing pretty good as far as ideas now just need to actually find some good sales to buy the rest of it. We also have to figure out how to get all of this stuff up to IL where we will be celebrating Christmas from GA!

She might like the Kid Clock Design Your Own (basically you draw the picture, and the mnfr turns it into a clock.

My dd loves all things Schliech (still)! I think my dd was around that age when we got her an MP3 player to listen to music and books on "tape" (free downloads from the library).

And your MIL, I feel like maybe she's wanting to do the big whoop gift to outdo Santa and Mom and Dad?

Oh don't get me started. it's one of the key sources of contention with her. Not to mention the fact that they are SUPPOSED to be on a strict budget due to money concerns and the stuff she wants to get PLUS the stocking stuffers she wants to do (another battle) will easily exceed that. It's annoying. I'm making DH deal with her this year.

My middle dd turns 7 in a few weeks. She is really into My Little Pony stuff, Sticky Mosaics Kits, jewelry, purses, Vera Bradley (which I find funny) and squinkies. I have found her to be the toughest to shop for this year. I thought about getting her a unicorn stuffies: http://www.amazon.com/Stuffies-ST-U...=UTF8&qid=1382888353&sr=8-1&keywords=stuffies. It just seems high priced for a stuffed animal!

Oh don't get me started. it's one of the key sources of contention with her. Not to mention the fact that they are SUPPOSED to be on a strict budget due to money concerns and the stuff she wants to get PLUS the stocking stuffers she wants to do (another battle) will easily exceed that. It's annoying. I'm making DH deal with her this year.

We used to have the same battle with my MIL and mom. They both wanted to outshine Santa. We had a fight with both of them. Good luck! I remember the year that was the worst - my MIL heard my dd talking about wanting a doll house. She was determined to get it first and dh had to argue with her and explain that Santa was bringing the dollhouse. :furious:

Wrapped four more and ordered four more today. Need to buy to buy 3 more and 5 gift cards and then I am done.

I just found this thread. It is so awesome!

This will be DS's second Christmas. He will be 17 months when the big day rolls around. So far, he is getting a little car that, for now, we can push, but as he gets bigger, he will be able to pedal.

I am a huge fan of Christmas! Growing up, we always had the biggest display in the neighborhood, and I have kept up the tradition. I have three rules for Christmas (they apply to decorating, gift-giving, and food) in order of importance:

1. Everyone gets what they want.
2. More is always better.
3. No blue decorations (just a weird preference that no one else really gets)

This year will be a little different just because of DS's age-- he is in to everything, so I won't be able to cover the whole inside of the house in garlands and lights and other decorations like I usually do. I plan to deal with this by putting the tree and a lot of lights and decorations on the porch-- we live in Florida, so weather is a non-issue. This will put a sliding glass door between DS and most of the decorations. Hopefully, rather than him pulling down garlands, we will only have to worry about finger prints on the glass.

Looking forward to getting caught up on this thread. An early Merry Christmas to you.

I just found this thread. It is so awesome!

This will be DS's second Christmas. He will be 17 months when the big day rolls around. So far, he is getting a little car that, for now, we can push, but as he gets bigger, he will be able to pedal.

I am a huge fan of Christmas! Growing up, we always had the biggest display in the neighborhood, and I have kept up the tradition. I have three rules for Christmas (they apply to decorating, gift-giving, and food) in order of importance:

1. Everyone gets what they want.
2. More is always better.
3. No blue decorations (just a weird preference that no one else really gets)

This year will be a little different just because of DS's age-- he is in to everything, so I won't be able to cover the whole inside of the house in garlands and lights and other decorations like I usually do. I plan to deal with this by putting the tree and a lot of lights and decorations on the porch-- we live in Florida, so weather is a non-issue. This will put a sliding glass door between DS and most of the decorations. Hopefully, rather than him pulling down garlands, we will only have to worry about finger prints on the glass.

Looking forward to getting caught up on this thread. An early Merry Christmas to you.

:welcome: We love Christmas too!!! Glad you are here...this is a fun thread with lots of good ideas!

So far I have gotten

DD6:
kids tablet
Sofia the first dress up nightgown
Ice cream shaker/maker (on clearance)
Pre-ordered the Ever After High Raven Queen doll

DD2:
Leapfrog mix/match animal thing

Need to get DD6 a gymnastics incline mat for sure (if I don't just give it to her before then), some Monster High dolls, Barbie things, and maybe new bedding (One Direction or Sofia).

DD2 is getting a baby doll and baby doll accessories. She is also getting a kids tablet so that she will leave her sister alone. She loves penguins so I would like to find her a FurReal penguin, but I think they stopped producing them. I might have to try eBay. Maybe a penguin pillow per too.

Twin Nieces-18 months:
See n Say
Minnie Mouse vacuum cleaner
Pajamas
Still new to get: animal books and a stuffed deer (they love deer lol)

Anyone have any experience with the My Twinn babies vs. American Girl? How about the accessories? DD would love a baby doll carseat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter